BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2014 5:47 pm  #141

Re: Encountering Sherlockians Randomly

tobeornot221b wrote:

Today I've met my first Sherlock fan - I mean a fan I wasn't supposed to meet.
Coming from work, I walked through the pedestrian-zone in the rain and suddenly I noticed a girl with an "I am Sherlocked" bag who was presumably accompanied by her mother. I jumped towards her (poor girl...) and showed her my "I am Sherlocked" screensaver on my phone. The mother looked a bit bewildered and exclaimed: "Oh - another crazy one!" Then she asked me if it was normal for her daughter to behave after TRF like someone close to their familiy had died. Yes, I assured her that this was pretty normal. Hopefully, she believed me. (I'm a very respectable looking lady after all!) We went a short way together but the girl and me weren't able to discuss series 3 because the mother hadn't seen the episodes yet and didn't want to be spoiled.  She wanted to wait until Pentecost when s3 will air here in Germany.

Great story, tobe. Sherlockians really are everywhere.
Well... I didn't meet anyone outside this forum so far...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 23, 2014 5:56 pm  #142

I've met 2 in real life!
I mean, to know reasonably well...I've met loads, I suppose.
And that's obviouisly not counting family/colleagues who are fans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2014 6:00 pm  #143

I have noone around who understands me. Only this forum.
But fortunately some of the members don't live far away so...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 26, 2014 9:17 pm  #144

At the movies the other night, I saw my first "I am Sherlocked" shirt that was on someone I didn't know. Told her I was, too, and I think she actually jumped and clapped her hands. (Credit to my husband for spotting the shirt first.) It should be easier to spot each other now that the weather is warmer and we aren't under layers of fabric.

April 26, 2014 10:41 pm  #145

Was at a rehearsal for local show thing and I seized a pause as an appropriate moment came for a Sherlock quote!! "Is that a British army browning L9A1 in your pocket?" I said "or are you just pleased to see me?" To my absolute delight, the girl beside me replied "both" !!!! :D

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 1, 2014 8:52 pm  #146

I am almost sure I smiled at Tobe and her son today!

I was in the lobby of a hotel while the Irish delegation were doing some photoshoot and I was stuck there babysitting their beers and sorting out transport back to their hotel.

Tobe, if it was you, a belated 'Hello!!' and good luck for your son on Tuesday! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 1, 2014 9:08 pm  #147

Hi Phantom,
thank you, No, I'm not in Copenhagen YET, but it's possible that you met my son. If you happen to meet him again give him my love. I think I will find you when I'm finally there - though Ireland and Latvia won't be in the same semi.
cu!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 1, 2014 9:24 pm  #148

Aaaw darn it! Could have been so cool! I hope we do run into each other!

It's a shame it's not the same semi final, but you know there's still the final! Don't tell the Irish but I'm also sending Latvia my vote! but I'm sure there'll be a chance to bump into each other! Today I think 4 countries including Ireland had a bit of a 'get together' and I know there's lots of parties... so far I've been invited to Montenegro's, Italy's and of course the Irish... 

Anyway, hope we do bump into each other! And I'll do that if I see him again! If he's staying at the hotel I saw him at I can tell you it's a beautiful place with one of the best views! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 1, 2014 9:54 pm  #149

Thanks in advance for your vote!
Yes, there was a little tea party today in a museum hosted by the Latvians. There were the Estonians, Lithuanians, Armenians and Albanians present. They had a lot of fun and tea and cake and music - going by the videos.
The hotel my son is staying in begins with "S". It looks like a nice place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 1, 2014 10:14 pm  #150

Aw what a cute idea, gosh everyone is going on about cake this year! Again, people keep humming 'Cake to bake'... 

The Belarussians were hosting the thing the Irish were at today, and apparently they wanted to take pictures of the other countries 'protesting' against cheesecake. (I'm not sure I get the joke). They had even made signs for them. I can't wait to see the pictures. Sadly I was stuck inside the hotel while it all went on. 

It sounds like it is that hotel. Good choice for them! And do have fun when you get here, the city is really geared up for all of this madness! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 4, 2014 7:45 pm  #151

Turns out a fellow member of another internet group of mine, is also a Sherlock fan!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 9, 2014 10:21 pm  #152

I'm a very well-known blogger in my niche and took a break for a while because I needed a little privacy. I started writing again recently and received the other day a note from one of my long-time readers that started with, "So glad to see you posting again! I've been feeling so lost without my blogger!"

And that is how you out yourself as a Sherlock fan!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 11, 2014 11:27 am  #153

I met tobe's son Jöran in Euroclub this morning after the grand final of the Eurovision! We had a nice short chat about Sherlock and Cumbercookies! And he seems to have made great friends with the Irish violinist! 

Tobe, btw, next time you talk to him do apologize from me, I was a bit drunk as the Irish kept wanting me to have champagne with them and I've not slept for a whole week, so if I scared him I'm so sorry! But he's a lovely lad! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 5, 2014 5:05 pm  #154

I went to Comicon a couple of weeks ago (first time). There weren't a lot of Sherlockians, but I saw one young teenager wearing a big coat and a death frisbee hat. He looked adorable and I gave him the thumbs up.

June 9, 2014 6:42 pm  #155

I live in a small town, so I have yet to meet another Sherlockian outside of the internet. Maybe if I get some Sherlock t-shirts they might come out of the woodwork.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'' ~ Sherlock Holmes

December 6, 2014 3:58 pm  #156

I was at a bar with a friend last night when a guy asked if he could join us. We agreed and all started to talk. He had an interesting accent and my friend tried to guess where it was from. The guy said not even close. I stepped in and said, "Eastern Europe?" Yup. "Serbia?" "Yup!"

My friend knows that I am familiar with a bunch of languages and asked if I know any Serbian. "Only how to say coffinmaker." She laughed and said that she didn't know in what context that could have come up. The guy grinned and said, "Let me guess. Fan of 'Sherlock'?"

So thank you, 'Sherlock' for helping break the ice with a nice guy who bought me a drink.

Mary

December 8, 2014 6:24 am  #157

That's awesome. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 8, 2014 2:47 pm  #158

Russell wrote:

That's awesome.

He said that Mark's Serbian was quite good; obviously not fluent/native quality, but very understandable. Harder to tell for the guy who was playing Sherlock (I remain unconvinced that it was Benedict) because he was mumbling.

Mary

December 8, 2014 3:36 pm  #159

Oh, I think I forgot to write here.
Think two or three weeks ago, I was on a train to Düsseldorf, in my Sherlock sweatshirt, and as it got more crowded the seats round my table were taken. Opposite sat a girl which looked quite interesting to me, I cannot say why, she just had this atmosphere of "interested in unusual stuff" round her :D AND she had an interesting sounding book lying upside down on the table.
So, while I tried reading the bookcover upside-down without her noticing, she suddenly addressed me and said something like "cool sweatshirt, I wanted to ask where you got that from?" Ha! :-D
We then spoke about Sherlock and Fandoms and Fan-meetings and things-yet-to-watch... I think part of the conversation was her telling me Supernatural is worth watching, and me telling her she should try Dr. Who. She also showed me some cosplay she had done on her smartphone
It was one of my better train journeys! (even if I had to tell her that my sweatshirt isn't that cool really because I bought it on amazon^^ and I totally forgot to ask her about the book!)

Oh, and my new flatmate said to me (while I was wearing the same sweatshirt), "ohh you like Sherlock?" I then happily wanted to discuss BBC Sherlock, just to find out that she is interested in the other adaptions and books! How great is that. Everybody who ever speaks to me about Sherlock outside the internet is like "yeah, Sherlock, I saw this series from BBC" and that's that. Which is fine, but... :D Well that makes one more flatmate to discuss Sherlock with (... I have 15 flatmates so there is still a very strong no-sherlock front^^)

@mary: that's a cool story :-)

Last edited by Whisky (December 8, 2014 3:43 pm)

"It is what it is."

December 12, 2014 9:12 pm  #160

A friend just introduced me to another friend who introduced me to her dog. He's a cute compact thing with short blond hair who reminds his owner of Martin Freeman so she named him Dr. Watson...

If I get called upon to dog sit Dr. Watson, I'll sneak a picture. The resemblance to Martin is uncanny.

Mary

Board footera