BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2014 8:59 pm  #1

Hiddleston in series 4?

Probably never going to happen, but one can dream!
Hope this hasn't been mentioned elsewhere -

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/could-tom-hiddleston-play-sherlock-season-four-134800857.html

April 25, 2014 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Hiddleston in series 4?

Would be fun to see him in the show ... as a villain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 9:16 pm  #3

He can be absolutely anything and I'll be happy - hee hee!  It would be fun to see him start out nice but is really the villain. Or you believe he's the villain but he's not. Perhaps he could work for Mycroft.

April 25, 2014 9:18 pm  #4

Oh I would faint.... 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 25, 2014 9:26 pm  #5

Now that would be lovely! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 10:00 pm  #6

I'm sure Hiddleston is a great actor, but he does absolutely nothing for me... I wouldn't mind seeing him in season 4, though.

April 25, 2014 10:45 pm  #7

TeeJay wrote:

I'm sure Hiddleston is a great actor, but he does absolutely nothing for me... I wouldn't mind seeing him in season 4, though.

He doesn't do anything for me, either - and I'm afraid I wouldn't be that keen on him being in Sherlock either
Please don't me mad at me, Hiddlestone fans!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 26, 2014 9:39 am  #8

Tinks wrote:

Please don't me mad at me, Hiddlestone fans!

Don't worry, we're not. Well, at least I'm not.

Tom Hiddleston is one of my favourite actors right now though and I definitely wouldn't mind to see him in "Sherlock". Could be rather interesting if they dedided to include him in series 4. But yeah, let's wait and see.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 26, 2014 9:44 am  #9

Tinks, same for me. I think he is an excellent actor but not my cuppa. Interesting that quite a few people feel about him that way.
I enjoy the joking rumours though that he's Benedict's boyfriend 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 26, 2014 11:12 am  #10

Splutters tea... . As he has just worked with Mark (Coriolanus) and is a good friend of Benedict's I think it would be lovely if he had a part in series 4...but then?..I am biased.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 26, 2014 2:08 pm  #11

I'm biased, too, Davina. I think that together with Benedict he is one of the most talented actors around right now. But I'm not sure if it would work for me to have both of them on the show... I'd love them to make a movie together, but for some obscure reason I don't think I'd need to see Tom in "Sherlock".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 26, 2014 2:13 pm  #12

I don't need to see him, but it would be nice...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 26, 2014 2:30 pm  #13

I totally agree about wanting to see them work together, film or on stage, I'm not fussy. They are both such amazingly talented actors and their voices! (Gone all mushy now!) I'm wondering what other folks have seen him in to be so...how shall I put it...indifferent? Coriolanus? Loki in Thor?

Perhaps a small Vatican Cameo part in Sherlock would be rather nice. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 26, 2014 2:33 pm  #14

Tom was great in Coriolanus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 26, 2014 2:39 pm  #15

He traumatised me! I will never be the same again! 
You see this is the reason he should be in Sherlock. So we can legitimately do our fangirling here! 

Last edited by Davina (April 26, 2014 2:41 pm)

May 9, 2014 4:33 am  #16

I don't think the internet could handle Tom Hiddleson joining the Sherlock family.  Tumblr would self destruct, causing the internet to implode, thus ending the world.

"Look I'm in shock. I've got a blanket."
"It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun?"
"I will burn the heart out of you."
"Lets have dinner."
"I don't have friends. I've just got one."
"Don't,"
"Just the two of us against the rest of the world."
"Oh, Sherlock, what do we say about coincidences?"
"Did you miss me?"

May 9, 2014 5:41 am  #17

Tee Hee.

May 9, 2014 5:54 am  #18

Ooohhh!
Don't think it's gonna happen though, this simply sounds too good to be true.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

May 10, 2014 11:51 pm  #19

This....this.
Tom was just brilliant as young Hal and then king
Henry in hollow crown.Loved him ever since.
Would be perfect as Sherlocks "old acquaintance" with the huge country house in  The Musgrave Ritual....
I certainly wouldn't know where to look with he and BC sharing a screen.

May 11, 2014 7:12 am  #20

Really?
I adore Tom, but nobody compares to the Cumberlord!

Board footera