BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 8:57 pm  #1

Benedict Cumberbatch in Look Back In Anger

Benedict Cumberbatch is to appear in Look Back in Anger on 6 July 2012 as part of the Royal Court's Playwright's Playwrights season at the Duke of York's theatre. Benedict will be directed by award winning playwright Polly Stenham (Tusk Tusk, That Face). Polly has chosen the play because "it was the beginning. The beginning of the Court, of modern theatre as we know it. We are in debt to this play."

Tickets are priced at £8-£10 and are already selling extremely quickly. You can buy tickets from the Royal Court or ATG Tickets

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 29, 2012 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch in Look Back In Anger

Drat! I've got to go to a Summer Ball on the 6th! Now I feel a bit like Cinderella except I shall go to the ball ...but without Prince Charming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2012 3:02 pm  #3

oh  poor you davina!!  I  live across the pond!!   So--  I hope you'll meet your prince at your ball,  nevertheless!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 30, 2012 5:18 pm  #4

No one can compare to the Cumberbatch I am afraid! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2012 8:40 pm  #5

I'd love to see him in the play (thinking about moving to London where all the cool things happen  )

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 30, 2012 9:31 pm  #6

I think this one is more of a read-through event.

July 1, 2012 10:38 am  #7

So what? I'd travel to London to hear him reading this or anything else: Keats, Kafka, here we go again, sorry for repeating myself  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2012 12:26 pm  #8

I will try to let you know when he's next in something so you can, maybe, get here for that. Cabin Pressure will be recording sometime this year.

July 1, 2012 3:27 pm  #9

Yes! Yes! Yes!

July 7, 2012 12:08 am  #10

This one was this evening.   Wonder if anyone was able to go?

Here's a review/photos from a fan:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/look-back-in-anger?before=1341614111

July 7, 2012 12:33 am  #11

Wow only £10 to see Benedict in a play of that caliber. You lucky Londoners. You pay $200 to see Broadway.

Last edited by Sentimental Pulse (July 7, 2012 12:34 am)

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 7, 2012 2:28 pm  #12

Some more photos can be viewed here. You won't be disappointed!

www.wooller.com/?people=1996&ld=49304&offest=0

Last edited by Davina (July 7, 2012 2:30 pm)

July 7, 2012 6:08 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

Some more photos can be viewed here. You won't be disappointed!

www.wooller.com/?people=1996&ld=49304&offest=0

He looks really good, I think the ginger curls are coming back and I like that a lot.
Anyway, I feel a bit sad for him. That mass of hysterical fans must be a bit overwhelming. Or not, maybe he is OK with that, but I personally wouldn't be able to stand something like that.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 7, 2012 6:22 pm  #14

Yes, I liked his looks very much. As long as he only attracts this so much attention when performing somewhere it might be acceptable. But what about going to the supermarket, the cinema, restaurant, whatever? It might be annoying having shoved all these things in your way to sign them if you just want to eat your pizza or buy a nice leather jacket.

July 7, 2012 7:07 pm  #15

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I liked his looks very much. As long as he only attracts this so much attention when performing somewhere it might be acceptable. But what about going to the supermarket, the cinema, restaurant, whatever? It might be annoying having shoved all these things in your way to sign them if you just want to eat your pizza or buy a nice leather jacket.

Yes, that's the thing. I hope he doesn't get stalked everywhere, it must be terribly annoying.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 9, 2012 5:52 pm  #16

I went to this and thought it was brilliant. I was lucky enough to catch Ben before most people turned up but even then there were SO MANY autograph dealers and I think that just completely ruins it for everyone involved. Sadly I didn't to say more than hi and get an autograph.

I watched the stage door crowd afterwards and it was just completely insane and from the very little interaction I had with him I got the feeling that he really didn't want to be doing the whole meeting fans thing.

July 9, 2012 9:11 pm  #17

Except for you. He wanted to meet you because you were respectful.

Tell us more about the actual reading!

Board footera