BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2014 6:24 am  #21

Re: Hello from France!

Welcome indigo!! Trust me, France is sooo much nicer than England - and so much sunnier too!!! Im sure you'll love it here!!!!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 25, 2014 7:38 am  #22

Richard Brook wrote:

Welcome indigo!! Trust me, France is sooo much nicer than England - and so much sunnier too!!! Im sure you'll love it here!!!!

You live in France too??? WOO So lucky, i've always wanted to live there, i mean, it must be so awesome  2 new friends from France? Glad i meet you guys ^^ Hope someday i'll meet you all  so excited!!! ))) 

April 26, 2014 11:04 am  #23

Hello. Welcome. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. Others here have mattresses for thudding onto but these are optional. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 28, 2014 5:40 pm  #24

Russell wrote:

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

Bienvenue! I love your name. Very appropriate for this forum. (Although Nausicaa means "burner of ships.")
 In Homer's Odyssey, Nausicaa does these things:
Plays with a ball.
Has unrequited love for the hero of the story.
Helps the hero of the story disguise himself.
Helps the hero get back home.

Cool… having never thoroughly absorbed Odyssey, had completely forgotten that. Nice to know. Concur with the nice choice of name then… and welcome! Usually when Nausicaa is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is Hayao Miyazaki's version.

Russell, as soon as I saw the nickname, I knew you were about to say that!

Bienvenue Nausicaa!

We've got at least 3 common points: I'm from France, I'm obsessed with Mycroft and HLV is one of my favourite episodes.

Just like old times...

April 28, 2014 6:33 pm  #25

Welcome Nausicaa (sorry i'm so late to welcome you )
sometimes i envy you for living so near Paris as i'm living in the middle of nowhere in the south of France

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

April 28, 2014 8:01 pm  #26

I'd love to live in France or England. I hope I get to visit them again soon,

I live in the suburbs, north of NYC. My Home Town is known for "Washington's strategic retreat " during the Revolutionary War. (You're bragging this local historical societies? )

And also we are known for our ridiculous traffic regulations. I shiver to think what would have happened to Sherlock after his traffic shenanigans had he done them in My Home Town.  

I like Germany and Italy, but I haven't been there in ages.

April 29, 2014 4:43 am  #27

Punch me in the face wrote:

Russell, as soon as I saw the nickname, I knew you were about to say that!

Bienvenue Nausicaa!

We've got at least 3 common points: I'm from France, I'm obsessed with Mycroft and HLV is one of my favourite episodes. 

I admit I laughed out loud at that.    Hey you, again!!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera