BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2014 9:39 am  #21

Re: So it's true.....

yeah that is the fandom in that cell...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 31, 2014 9:42 am  #22

Dr. Watson had to "wait" three years in canon between the fall and the return to London. And several more years before the readers of The Strand magazine were told that Holmes was alive.
The lack of a formal announcement of series 4 being commissioned is a bit suspicious, isn't it.

March 31, 2014 9:45 am  #23

Indeed. The ratings were brilliant, the team has planned two more series, so what are they waiting for?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 9:47 am  #24

I don't think there's any doubt that it will be commissioned - it's one of the Beeb's biggest shows.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 9:52 am  #25

Do you think another long wait is just another naughty lie and that, in fact, we will get series 4 sooner than we think, but that they're going to keep it hush hush and then suddenly spring it on us?

(hey, a girl can dream!!)

March 31, 2014 9:55 am  #26

I'm hoping so - I think a two year wait won't always work out how they want it to, in terms of viewers...but that's just my opinion.
The clue, I suppose, is in Benedict's hair!!! If he starts growing it anytime soon, then we might be in luck!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 10:02 am  #27

Yeah I also hope that... Wouldn't be the first time Moffat lied...

About Ben's hair... I read that in series 2 they used a wig???

March 31, 2014 10:15 am  #28

I never heard that before. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 10:19 am  #29

zeratul wrote:

Yeah I also hope that... Wouldn't be the first time Moffat lied...

About Ben's hair... I read that in series 2 they used a wig???

You are possibly mistaken. They used a wig on Mr. Freeman when they came back to the pool scene.

April 16, 2014 8:12 am  #30

April 16, 2014 8:18 am  #31

Well the Daily Star isn't always accurate, to put it mildly! But looking at the schedules of the Actors, it looks highly unlikely that it'll be back before 2016, sadly.
I'm on Ben hair watch to see if he starts growing it! (Although presumably he'll need to grow it for Richard III, anyway).

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 16, 2014 8:20 am  #32

Personally I am sick of all this.
And sorry I don't necessarily mean on here, I mean in the press.
They are outside the fandom and have no idea.
We inside the fandom KNOW we have to wait 2 years at a time...so what's the discussion?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 16, 2014 11:52 am  #33

What are we going to do here then if we have to wait two years? The last time we had something to keep us occupied. Now is seems nobody is interested in talking any more because of the Mary-conondrum.
Shall we go back to the games threads and count to 1895? We reached 260!

April 16, 2014 12:02 pm  #34

On the contrary, I think S4 offers the most promising possibilities, so much to discuss!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 16, 2014 8:26 pm  #35

I genereally expect to wait two years between Sherlocks. It's not really any "news" in the slightest.

But year, Series 4 is gonna be sooooo good *shivers*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 24, 2014 7:35 am  #36

Some sloppily written stuff in today's Mirror quoting Martin from his Alan Carr show appearance on Friday. They keep mentioning series 5 so I cannot really take it seriously. I hope they just threw together some random quotes. Read at your own discretion. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sherlock-martin-freeman-tells-alan-3448193

April 24, 2014 7:42 am  #37

Everything told to someone referred to as "Chatty man" makes me slightly suspicious ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 24, 2014 7:44 am  #38

Hmm ... don't get it. Shouldn't they talk about series 4 first???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 8:03 am  #39

May I quote the doctor?
"What, what, what, what????"

straaange quotes...

they cannot end this just like this???

they also didnt seem to plan so?

April 24, 2014 8:05 am  #40

Seems like a bit of lazy writing going on there, but the bit about them not knowing when there'll be a new episode has been said before, and recently, by Martin and Ben (in fact I even saw Ben quoted as saying he didn't even know for sure if there'd be any more).
Of course, they could be playing with us, but the vibe around the filming of the next series does seem to have changed a bit in recent weeks.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera