BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2014 5:57 pm  #41

Re: What are you doing?

After a rotten day, I'm about to make dinner before finding something to watch on TV with a glass of Wine, probably followed by an early night.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch something with Benedict in it - in fact it's very likely to be Football once the Boyfriend gets home!
This place has made today much more bearable than it might have been, though!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 22, 2014 6:30 pm  #42

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day Tinks. Time to unwind.

April 22, 2014 6:35 pm  #43

Sorry you had such a rotten day, hope you'll have a lovely evening at least Tinks!

I'm just watching TRF and chewing on a banana really going over my plans for tomorrow. I'll be seeing the venue for the Eurovision tomorrow! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 23, 2014 7:28 am  #44

Thanks ladies
Sounds exciting Phantom! You must be thrilled to be involved with such a huge event.
Just sipping a coffee, then into the shower and off to get some jobs done.
I'm hoping to get some writing done later, too.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 23, 2014 10:40 am  #45

I really can't wait! It's still a bit scary... but it's going to be awesome!

I'm about to have some lunch before slowly getting ready to catch the train to Copenhagen! I just need to pick an outfit... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 9:48 am  #46

I'm giggling and punching the air like Sherlock in ASiP when he finally had the note... 

I'm being such a good secretary right now, solving a Eurovision 'emergency'... My co-worker got this task a month ago, failed and forgot about it. He told me about it yesterday and I've just solved it! And in the best way possible as well. 

Oh I have missed this! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 10:05 am  #47

Well done Phantom - that's a good feeling eh?

Me - I'm currently procrastinating in a big way! again!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 25, 2014 10:23 am  #48

It's an awesome feeling! I feel so proud and happy! I've been jobless for months and months and this just proves that I've still 'got it'! I've always been proud to be a secretary and this is exactly why! 

I am so happy I got this job. I'm still a bit in denial and probably always will. 'Did I really do that??' 

I'm not proud of many things about myself, but I love my skills as a secretary! I just shake my head at the people asking me why on earth I'd want to be a secretary and if it's really how I want to spend the rest of my life. Hah! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 11:45 am  #49

Hey,people shouldn't knock it!! A lot of very successful people would be lost without their secretaries!
Maybe the Eurovision stuff might gain you some contacts who could help you back into the workplace?

Last edited by Tinks (April 25, 2014 11:46 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 25, 2014 11:53 am  #50

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

It's an awesome feeling! I feel so proud and happy! I've been jobless for months and months and this just proves that I've still 'got it'! I've always been proud to be a secretary and this is exactly why! 

I am so happy I got this job. I'm still a bit in denial and probably always will. 'Did I really do that??' 

I'm not proud of many things about myself, but I love my skills as a secretary! I just shake my head at the people asking me why on earth I'd want to be a secretary and if it's really how I want to spend the rest of my life. Hah! 

That's lovely to hear!! I actually used to play being a secretary as a child. I had a sweet little typewriter. I also did a secretarial course at collage, though this was decades ago.

Right now, I'm working on a sculpt to list on Ebay this Sunday. I try to sculpt a fairy each week.

April 25, 2014 12:06 pm  #51

I hope so! Hey who knows, they might take me with them back to Ireland (Dreams are nice to have...)

Either way, just being able to say I worked with this will open a lot of doors as they will know I can handle anything then! 

A few years ago I was a bit down about 'just' being a secretary. But this business man I talked to on this dating site thing told me this "*Slaps your cheek* Don't you ever say that again! I have no idea where I'd be without my secretaries, they are the most important thing in the world for my work".

I wanted to stay at the hospital. I was secretary for a group of doctors/scientiests and especially one of them was such a confused one. He doesn't have a secretary normally and he couldn't keep me on after because they barely had money for their own research. He really needed a secretary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 12:42 pm  #52

Being a secretary is cool. I'm glad that new job works so well for you.

Back to topic: I just had lunch with a few co-workers, got a coffee and a Duffin at Starbucks, just learnt that one of my favourite colleagues here will have a job interview tonight and might leave the office soon () and now I will start to proofread the appeal we have to submit to the court on Monday.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 25, 2014 2:13 pm  #53

I've just arrived home after a week in Isle of Wight.
My travelling was a lot longer than expected today because of the horrendous traffic, so it's nice to be home after being on the road for 6 hours!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 25, 2014 3:05 pm  #54

Welcome back! Hope you had a nice time
I've been quite busy today once I finally got started! I'm having a coffee now and doing a bit of reading before I do some ironing.
Then it's dinner and hopefully a good Movie.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 25, 2014 8:31 pm  #55

It's good to have you back Rebecca! 

I'm in bed now, tired. I've been bombarded with emails today, lots of important informations and the Irish Eurovision people asking me all sorts of questions. It's still awesome and this is only the start! I'm just starting to feel the effects of not really sleeping enough. 

I'm just checking up on some stuff before I'll give up and sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 14, 2014 11:01 pm  #56

I am looking for a picture of Conchita Wurst (winner of the Eurovision) to put on my wall with one of her quotes. 

I can't explain it, but she's come to mean so much to me... not only is she gorgeous, I also feel and have wittnessed how many hearts she opened with her win. And she's the nicest person I've ever had the good fortune to run into. I feel like I should never wash my shoulder after she touched it... 

And to hear my mother tell me she was a beautiful woman just brought me to the happiest tears. My mother has always been a homophobe and I always felt that for me to turn out bisexual and worst of all, like people with other gender identities was her failling big time as a parent... 

Conchita belongs on my wall. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 23, 2014 9:53 pm  #57

I'm having one of my deep-midnight-moments. Just sitting by the piano, playing random songs, waking my family up... hehe

May 23, 2014 10:02 pm  #58

Watching TV, web surfing...

Last edited by besleybean (May 23, 2014 10:03 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 24, 2014 10:54 am  #59

Watching Luther and now catching up on the wonderful Supervet. The man is a genius and his accent makes him perfect. And now he has made me cry! 

Last edited by Davina (May 24, 2014 11:03 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 24, 2014 1:14 pm  #60

I have some ironing to do. There's Football on TV this afternoon and this evening, so that's what we'll be watching! Mind find a Film to watch later...weather is rotten and I'm in a mood to match it today, for some reason!!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera