BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2014 9:27 pm  #1

Which pairing have a chance to become Canon?

And which do you think should be included?
I see a lot of people shipping many pairings and stuff.
But which has a chance of becoming canon?
Sherlolly? Lestrolly? Mystrade? Sherstrade? MorMor? Johnlock?
I'd love to hear your opinions!
I, personally want Mystrade to be included (BECAUSE I TITANIC IT.) and I think Sherlolly could become a thing. Or Lestrolly, even if I want him with Mycroft, but I think it could become Canon.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 22, 2014 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Which pairing have a chance to become Canon?

I don't see anything other than John/Mary being canon, to be quite honest. Johnlock is kind of a grey zone, and there's already a number of threads here that discuss whether it's canon or not.

April 22, 2014 9:37 pm  #3

TeeJay wrote:

I don't see anything other than John/Mary being canon, to be quite honest. Johnlock is kind of a grey zone, and there's already a number of threads here that discuss whether it's canon or not.

Yeah I thought about that too. I've always thought that Johnlock would never become canon because it just couldn't.
But Mycroft could have someone in S4. I mean the Goldfish conversation with Sherlock. It doesn't necessarily have to be Greg... Even though I want it.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

May 14, 2014 8:57 pm  #4

I agree, and I also want it to be Greg. For some reason I find it completely hysterical to have this version of Mycroft in a relationship. 

June 5, 2014 6:54 pm  #5

If Sherlock were to be romantically involved with anyone the most logical assumption would be Molly, I could see a relationship formed out of his loneliness as he is without John who has been growing up with a kid on the way. But molly would be more invested in it then Sherlock. The way the episodes go, it would most likely be something where he needs someone to keep him company and molly is there and willing. It would last half an episode before molly finally breaks it off deciding it was all a bad idea and the two should stay work colleagues. We might get some funny sherlock discovers sex moments though if it lasts longer than one episode, though. We all know johnlock will not become canon, or adlock, neither of them swing that way. But what ever.

June 5, 2014 6:56 pm  #6

But yeah, Mycroft's pretty gay. Don't know if we've seen Greg enough to know whether he'd swing that way too.

June 5, 2014 7:07 pm  #7

Emmacalledroses wrote:

If Sherlock were to be romantically involved with anyone the most logical assumption would be Molly, I could see a relationship formed out of his loneliness as he is without John who has been growing up with a kid on the way. But molly would be more invested in it then Sherlock. The way the episodes go, it would most likely be something where he needs someone to keep him company and molly is there and willing. It would last half an episode before molly finally breaks it off deciding it was all a bad idea and the two should stay work colleagues. We might get some funny sherlock discovers sex moments though if it lasts longer than one episode, though. We all know johnlock will not become canon, or adlock, neither of them swing that way. But what ever.

There are entire threads here discussing that very subject.  You should check them out. 

On the subject of Mycroft and Greg.  That is one ship I just don't get.  In my viewing of the show Lestrade is one character I would theorize is completely hetro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 19, 2014 12:10 pm  #8

Well, quite apart from Johnlock, which are my OTP, I think Lestrade and Molly have the best chance on the present showing.
Lestrade was visibly impressed when Molly took off her coat at the Christmas party in A Scandal in Belgravia, he specifically asked her if it was serious with Tom (and looked a bit sad when she said it was) in The Empty Hearse and they were sat together at the wedding in the Sign of Three, (she was sat between Tom and Lestrade at the reception), and Molly didn't look nearly as scathing about his 'murder' theory as she did about Tom's.

From a character point of view, much as I like Molly and love Sherlock, he'd be very hard to live with and so much of his behaviour makes her uncomfortable. Greg Lestrade in some ways is almost a 'gentler' version of Sherlock, he works to solve crime, he uses forensics, he's intelligent, tough and on the side of the angels but although he works within the rules, like Molly herself, he isn't afraid to bend them occasionally for the greater good. He's similar but less volatile than Sherlock and I think they'd be a good fit.

Last edited by geefull (October 19, 2014 12:11 pm)

October 19, 2014 5:18 pm  #9

I think Sherlock deserves someone..after everything he's been through. Yet I don't think anyone on the show deserves him or is really worthy...I also think everyone should..get what they want but not in the way they expect..so..hmmm

In tsot mind palace Sherlock seems to deduce and have a little crush with the character Vicky...so who is Vicky...
Victor/Victoria....
Victor Trevor..Sherlocks only other friend from canon...will sweep in from Sherlocks past...be briliant... be played by someone as ridiculously handsome as BC (like Tom Hiddleson) and ride off in a skull mask to a dungeon containing a locked room mystery with Sherlock.
Because now Sherlocks all grown up and realises what they really had.
HeH

John/Molly can console each other.

October 19, 2014 5:23 pm  #10

Sherlock would only deserve somebody if he wanted somebody!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2014 5:57 pm  #11

Agree bb...maybe he just wants another dog....
@Talking to a dog is a big upgrade from a skull....

October 19, 2014 6:00 pm  #12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2014 6:39 pm  #13

I don't think he'd risk a dog after Redbeard.  And I'm not sure how well it would fit with his lifestyle (actually quite well at times - he's often home during the day for walks and play). 

I don't think he wants or needs a "ship".  I think it is a gap in his life, but it's a path he's chosen to take - I think we see that at the end of TSOT in particular, and if the books are anything to go by, that's the way it's going to stay.   But it's not completely tragic.  And he has John as a kind of life partner, just not in the conventional sense. 

I don't know if I really want to pair anybody up.  I've played around with them in my head (and that's what fan fiction is for too), but it doesn't quite seem to work and anyway I really don't like the kind of stories where everybody gets paired up at the end (Harry Potter, I'm looking at you).    I don't see Molly and Sherlock working.  Molly and Lestrade can't work while Molly is so into Sherlock.  Mycroft  - I'd love to see it, but I don't think it should happen.   To be honest, I only believe in Anderson/Donovan because we were told it happened. I didn't see the chemistry there!  (Although I suppose I can see stressful jobs reading to unlikely liaisons - and it didn't last). 

Last edited by Liberty (October 19, 2014 6:40 pm)

Board footera