BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2012 10:55 am  #21

Re: Be Like Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Haha, I love you guys being concerned over me, that's sweet. I'm not doing it again today!

We're "mycrofting" you
If you want to be like Sherlock you obviously need someone to worry about you constantly...

And that link is hilarious, it is 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 31, 2012 11:49 am  #22

Yes, I'm going to start using the word "mycrofting" on a more regular basis....good word!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 31, 2012 12:00 pm  #23

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yes, I'm going to start using the word "mycrofting" on a more regular basis....good word!

Yes, I love it... pity that it won't make sense to anyone in Spanish, I can only use it here with you, guys 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (March 31, 2012 1:53 pm)

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 31, 2012 12:38 pm  #24

Next time my mum tells me I should go to bed earlier, I'm going to tell her to "stop mycrofting me". 

March 31, 2012 1:53 pm  #25

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Next time my mum tells me I should go to bed earlier, I'm going to tell her to "stop mycrofting me". 

Oh my God, I'm so jealous right now... my mother wouldn't understand a word of that hahaha 

March 31, 2012 2:29 pm  #26

Well, I'm pretty sure my mother won't either, she'll be like "what the hell is mycrofting?" Then I'll have to explain and she'll tell me I'm a psychopath then I'll be able to correct her and say that I'm a high functioning sociopath! God I love it when you can use Sherlock quotes in real life! 

April 1, 2012 11:13 pm  #27

Like the link except it's 'round and round the garden. Like a teddy bear.' it's a nursery rhyme and ends '1 step. 2 step. Tickily under there'. The adult holds the child's hand out and draws a circle on their palm several times during the first bit. Then they make two big 'steps' with their fingers up the child's arm and tickles them in the armpit for the second part.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 1, 2012 11:33 pm  #28

I never knew that...interesting. Hilarious line though.

April 2, 2012 3:33 pm  #29

IMO, Sherlocking is okay if we have the ability like Sherlock Holmes (the super duper smart/brilliant/genius/etc), but if we don't.. that's gonna makes our lives harder.. (esp. being a sociopath, though for some people it doesn't really matter :D)

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

April 2, 2012 4:00 pm  #30

It depends whether you already have friends or not...if you do, it might annoy them if you suddenly start acting like Sherlock...especially his more anti-social qualities.

April 2, 2012 7:19 pm  #31

For the record, I'm starting to be some sort of a mixture between Moriarty, Irene and Sherlock... My ringtone is Stayin' alive, my blocking screen in the phone is I am Sherlocked and my ringtone for messages is Irene's moan... isn't that crazy?

By the way, I always wear scarfs the way Sherlock does... but the sociopathic side would be awfully difficult for me (I'm quite empathic and I care too much about people, don't know if it's a good or a bad thing... maybe 50-50)

April 2, 2012 8:26 pm  #32

Empathy is quite a big problem for me actually so that side of things is all good. My mum thinks I have Asperger's!

April 2, 2012 8:36 pm  #33

Irene_Adler wrote:

For the record, I'm starting to be some sort of a mixture between Moriarty, Irene and Sherlock... My ringtone is Stayin' alive, my blocking screen in the phone is I am Sherlocked and my ringtone for messages is Irene's moan... isn't that crazy?

By the way, I always wear scarfs the way Sherlock does... but the sociopathic side would be awfully difficult for me (I'm quite empathic and I care too much about people, don't know if it's a good or a bad thing... maybe 50-50)

Except for Irene's moan it's exactly the same with me.
Now that temperatures have fallen below 10° C I've been turning back to my blue kashmir scarf. As far as I'm concerned it could remain this way...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 2, 2012 9:39 pm  #34

Sherlock, empathy is sometimes too much for me... maybe we could just stay in the middle, don't you think? 
We have been enjoying a wonderful week of warm temperatures here, around 25ºC by daytime, so I had to leave my scarfs home. But in winter I never go out without them. I miss them now... 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 2, 2012 9:40 pm)

April 3, 2012 10:40 am  #35

btw I had an awkward moment when I.A's moaning pretty loud near my lecturer.. thanks god he didn't notice what exactly voice it was.. wkwkwk

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

June 29, 2012 1:34 pm  #36

I possess a few of these qualities: violin playing, caffeine-loading, meal-skipping, science-obsessed, asexual, martial artist and chronic insomniac. Beware, the social aspect is an inevitable result. (I was essentially friendless, until a Watson came along and attached himself to me, undeterred.)

Hah, Mycrofting...brilliant. Although I doubt one could maintain this as a lifestyle change through sheer determination, so there is little to worry about.

I apologize for resurrecting this thread. Hopefully there is not a rule against zombie threads.

June 29, 2012 4:28 pm  #37

Dark Matter wrote:

I possess a few of these qualities: violin playing, caffeine-loading, meal-skipping, science-obsessed, asexual, martial artist and chronic insomniac. Beware, the social aspect is an inevitable result. (I was essentially friendless, until a Watson came along and attached himself to me, undeterred.)

Hah, Mycrofting...brilliant. Although I doubt one could maintain this as a lifestyle change through sheer determination, so there is little to worry about.

I apologize for resurrecting this thread. Hopefully there is not a rule against zombie threads.

You have your own Watson? Damn, I'm jealous...Need one of those...

And thanks for resurrecting the thread, I love zombie threads as it happens.

June 29, 2012 4:40 pm  #38

All that's required to reanimate a zombie thread is braaaaaaaiiiiinsssss.

July 4, 2012 8:11 pm  #39

A side effect of the violin/viola playing seems to be meal-skipping. I'll do a crazy 3 hour practice session and wind up skipping lunch. By the time I realize I've missed noon entirely it's just not worth it...

Davina wrote:

21. Learn to drive-if you haven't already done so

God, have I got a slightly -off topic story for you guys. (And, yay, let's revive a zombie thread) I recently began to learn to drive and on my first outing I actually pulled onto the wrong side of the road. Very luckily it was a residential street so nothing got damaged/no one got hurt, but I was thinking to myself that something seemed wrong and then my instructor pointed it out and I was thinking what have I just done...

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (July 4, 2012 8:13 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 4, 2012 8:45 pm  #40

You mean you drove on the RIGHT side of the street don't you?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera