BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2012 8:38 am  #21

Re: Andrew Scott in The Town

But isn't it all going to be to do with ' cover up'? We'll have to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 8:49 am  #22

I think so but I just found that bit unbelievable. I loved the way he downed his pint in the pub. How can you make such a thing so meaningful?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2012 11:04 am  #23

So difficult for teetotal me to watch, but yes...heart wrenching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2012 11:13 am  #24

You can see why they call it 'drowning your sorrows'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2012 12:45 pm  #25

Davina wrote:

I think so but I just found that bit unbelievable. I loved the way he downed his pint in the pub. How can you make such a thing so meaningful?

The man does 'grief' very well. I liked the conversation before that bit; where you see him talking to everyone and you can just see the reality of his situation hitting home and he almost breaks.

I saw 'Chasing Cotards' the other day. Not a single word was spoken and it gets to you every time.

I'm not jealous of his skills...Not at all...
*Seethes*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 13, 2012 7:18 am  #26

Enjoyed episode 2, it's getting good.
Andrew is fab.

December 13, 2012 1:42 pm  #27

It is getting rather juicy isn't it? Can't wait to see the conclusion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2012 11:04 pm  #28

I'm going to catch up with episode 2 tomorrow while I wait in for a delivery that is promised between 8 a.m. And 6 p.m. 

December 14, 2012 5:58 pm  #29

Wow! It is getting Interesting isn't it! Great work by Andrew and the rest of the cast. Cannot wait to watch the next episode. I just find the adverts an irritating distraction (although Tesco's use of Prince Charming by Adam Ant is great).

December 15, 2012 11:22 am  #30

Davina wrote:

Wow! It is getting Interesting isn't it! Great work by Andrew and the rest of the cast. Cannot wait to watch the next episode. I just find the adverts an irritating distraction (although Tesco's use of Prince Charming by Adam Ant is great).

Yes I find myself smiling every time, despite myself.

December 15, 2012 11:17 pm  #31

Admiration for Andrew's ability to completely lose his Irish accent throughout this. He is a little genius!

December 20, 2012 1:19 pm  #32

Watched the final episode on catch-up this morning. I really enjoyed this drama. Andrew was lovely (yes I am fangirling I'm afraid) Martin Clunes was very good too.

December 20, 2012 3:20 pm  #33

And? No screenshots to deliver to us poor foreigners who couldn't watch??

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 20, 2012 4:29 pm  #34

None from me, either.
But I loved it too and adore Andrew!

Last edited by besleybean (December 20, 2012 5:31 pm)

December 20, 2012 5:13 pm  #35

Mattlocked wrote:

And? No screenshots to deliver to us poor foreigners who couldn't watch??

Seriously!   ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 3, 2014 9:28 am  #36

Saw "The town" last weekend, he's really wonderful, good to see him in a normal role (with kissing scenes)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 3, 2014 5:11 pm  #37

Tho not kissing the right sort of person!

February 3, 2014 6:20 pm  #38

Sorry  I was just happy he didn't want to burn someones heart out for a change. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 3, 2014 9:42 pm  #39

Tee Hee.

April 19, 2014 9:03 pm  #40

I watched it recently and it was good, not OMGbrilliantamazing but just good  I liked Andrew's performance. At the beginning, I had this returning thought "what is Moriaty doing in this town?" but since the second episode I saw Mark, not Jim. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Board footera