BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2012 12:21 pm  #1

I made my own video (finally)

So I've been meaning to make a Sherlock fan vid for ages because some of them are just so amazing, but never got round to it. Finally I did...It was quite an effort but rather fun all the same. Worked on it continually for 22 hours...and here is the result. It's a bit soppy and fangirly I'm afraid but I love it anyway lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 28, 2012 12:25 pm  #2

Re: I made my own video (finally)

Well done, Sherlock. I like how you edited the video and the pace of it. Especially the part where you cut the jump shots into John having a nightmare so it gives the impression he has premonitions of Sherlock's "death" even before he met him. The music suits well also. Kudos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 28, 2012 12:25 pm  #3

What a shame  . I cannot watch your video, it has been blocked in Germany.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2012 2:26 pm  #4

That's really good Boss! You're right is is a bit...slushy...very good selection of clips etc. I enjoyed that so much I may just have to ...watch it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2012 2:55 pm  #5

Thanks..

The bits in Sepia are John's dream...the black and white parts are John's reality...and the colour parts are John remembering the good times he had with Sherlock...and then at the end it turns back to colour when Sherlock returns!

June 28, 2012 2:59 pm  #6

Thanks so much for dangling it before my eyes while I AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH IT!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2012 3:24 pm  #7

Very well put together, Boss! I can quite imagine how much effort you've devoted to the making - and hopefully some fun as well.
(I've been watching it from my car boot in Southwark... )
What programme did you use? I've made some videos by myself with Windows Movie Maker - I nearly jumped out of the window for rage because the system either hung up or froze. In the end it was ok but it was quite a job...!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 28, 2012 3:27 pm  #8

Yeah it was Movie Maker...

June 28, 2012 3:41 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

Very well put together, Boss! I can quite imagine how much effort you've devoted to the making - and hopefully some fun as well.
What programme did you use? I've made some videos by myself with Windows Movie Maker - I nearly jumped out of the window for rage because the system either hung up or froze. In the end it was ok but it was quite a job...!

The same thing has happened to me with Windows Movie Maker and here's a tip how I got rid of that problem. Type "moviemaker" in the search bar in windows (left hand corner) and press enter. When it finds it, right click it and choose "start up as the administrator" (or something like that I have it in Finnish). After that, the program has worked just fine. Start it up every time like this and it's possible it won't freeze up on you anymre.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 28, 2012 3:42 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah it was Movie Maker...

Hats off to you -  you seem to be The Movie Maker Master personally!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 28, 2012 3:54 pm  #11

Tobe, does it work for you? I can't watch it due to "urheberrechtlichen" whatever.

June 28, 2012 3:59 pm  #12

Dramagod wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

The same thing has happened to me with Windows Movie Maker and here's a tip how I got rid of that problem. Type "moviemaker" in the search bar in windows (left hand corner) and press enter. When it finds it, right click it and choose "start up as the administrator" (or something like that I have it in Finnish). After that, the program has worked just fine. Start it up every time like this and it's possible it won't freeze up on you anymre.

Thanks, Dramagod - I will definitely give it a try!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 28, 2012 5:34 pm  #13

Wow. I watched it intending to come back here and give you a generic "well done" but not expecting to be so impressed. Really beautiful editing, the story you were trying to tell comes across perfectly. Using the Baskerville clip for John's reaction to Sherlock's reappearance is genius. And I love the colour shift to tell us what period we're in... truly, John's world will be very grey without Sherlock.

I loved it.

June 28, 2012 7:44 pm  #14

Ha, I finally managed to watch it. Great work, Sherlock, I just loved it. Most of all Benedict's face in 3.46 and 3.52. Er, I think I must watch it again …

June 28, 2012 8:41 pm  #15

WOW! This is totally amazing!
I LOVE the flashbacks!
i LOVE the brilliant reunion-bit! (so clever to use the 2 gravestones like that!!)
i LOVE the colour thing!
I totally LOVE the whole thing!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 28, 2012 11:05 pm  #16

I can certainly why it took so many hours to complete!  It's really well done.  I have nothing but admiration for everyone who makes the effort to make a fanvid.  I especially liked the beginning section where it appears John is dreaming of Sherlock's fall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 29, 2012 12:02 pm  #17

Thanks guys! 

All your praise is encouraging me to make another one. I'd like to try telling the same story but from Sherlock's POV.

June 29, 2012 8:21 pm  #18

Just wondering Sherlock, how did you get the film footage to put in your video? Did you rip a DVD or something?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 8:29 pm  #19

oh that would break fingernails wouldn't it? Ripping a DVD ? How messy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 10:40 pm  #20

Oh yeah, I have them all as AVI files on my laptop...ripped indeed.

Board footera