BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2014 4:02 pm  #1

Hello from Ireland

My name is Megan, and I have decided to make an account on this forum in attempt to get to know other fans of one of my favourite TV series: Sherlock.  I like Sherlock because I find the plots well written.  Normally I am able to solve plots right at the start of a show, but with Sherlock I cannot.  Why do you guys like the show? I assume it's not just because of the British actors...

Did you miss me?

April 14, 2014 4:17 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Ireland

Lovely to meet you Megan! I can only agree with everything you just said! It's such a darn clever show!

Now for the creepy bit. I love the Irish! I'll be helping some of you in a few weeks during the Eurovision even! 

Anyways... I hope you'll like this place! I know I do! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 5:13 pm  #3

Welcome!  This place is a lot of fun and we're always glad to see new faces. 

If you don't mind my asking, what part of Ireland are you from.  I have a deep love of your country and culture.  I've only been able to visit once but maybe I can make it over there again after I retire!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2014 5:22 pm  #4

A warm welcome from across the Irish Sea!

I completely agree with everything you've said about your love for the show. Obviously, the marvellous actors involved is always a treat!

I hope you have bundles of fun on here!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 14, 2014 6:12 pm  #5

tonnaree wrote:

Welcome!  This place is a lot of fun and we're always glad to see new faces. 

If you don't mind my asking, what part of Ireland are you from.  I have a deep love of your country and culture.  I've only been able to visit once but maybe I can make it over there again after I retire!

I don't mind, I'm from the midlands.  A county called Westmeath, that's all I shall say. I love my country too

Did you miss me?

April 14, 2014 6:15 pm  #6

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Lovely to meet you Megan! I can only agree with everything you just said! It's such a darn clever show!

Now for the creepy bit. I love the Irish! I'll be helping some of you in a few weeks during the Eurovision even! 

Haha, thanks. We never come close to winning in the Eurovision anymore

Did you miss me?

April 14, 2014 8:01 pm  #7

Hello and welcome to the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

April 14, 2014 8:19 pm  #8

Megan6599 wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Haha, thanks. We never come close to winning in the Eurovision anymore

I know, it's such a shame! I do like your song this year and can't wait to meet Kasey Smith! I'll do what I can that you win! 

Would love to go back to Ireland someday too... I had the best week of my life in Dublin! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 8:23 pm  #9

Hi, welcome, Megan! Nice to meet you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 14, 2014 10:29 pm  #10

Harriet wrote:

Hi, welcome, Megan! Nice to meet you!

Thanks, it's been nice to meet people.  Everyone on here is so nice, I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with you all

Last edited by Megan6599 (April 14, 2014 10:30 pm)

Did you miss me?

April 14, 2014 10:37 pm  #11

We are all simply under a Sherlockian spell, completely hypnotised!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

Board footera