BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2014 6:07 am  #21

Re: MTV Movie Awards

It´s public vote, but I for example would have missed it if it hadn´t been advertised here.. maybe that´s the case for many people who don´t usually know what´s going on on MTV?

Well, never mind, I second your popcorn trophy comment..  (Still would have liked him to get it, but there are more important awards..)

April 14, 2014 6:10 am  #22

:D well said!
I don't know how many people would vote in this or how wide reaching an audience it had - as Zatoichi says it might be that the audience is in the wrong age range.
I'd not have even known these awards were on unless I'd read about them on here !
I'd love to see some real recognition for Benedict as an Actor, though - I think it's been too long coming...like you say, Clare - a real award; I hope he at least gets a Bafta for Turing.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 14, 2014 7:50 am  #23

I'm still miffed... I went to bed after that and didn't get to see the end of the awards.

I would prefer him to get more 'real' awards, to be honest I've never really taken the MTV Movie Awards seriously... He's going to get an Oscar soon! 

But still... KHAN!! *Shakes head*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 12:46 pm  #24

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Mila Kunis just won Best Villain... I'm just a little miffed... 

I know who she is and I even saw the movie.  But this is ridiculous!  Even with a popular vote I thought Tom Hiddleson would be Ben's main competition.  

Oh well.  I'm amused he was nominated but it's not like it's something producers look for! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2014 12:58 pm  #25

I thought everybody else were a strong competition except for Mila Kunis ... Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips, a moving film ... Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave, nothing to add ...
Donald Sutherland, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, a brilliant actor.

Well I think it really depended on the MTV audience ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera