BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2014 6:41 am  #1

Official BBC Shop Merchandise

According to the Sherlockology Tumblr, the BBC Shop has just added a new Sherlock mug to their collection:

There's already a similar one you can buy, which has "Consulting Detective" as a subtitle, and which is red on the inside. Apparently this new one is now up for pre-order, although somehow the BBC Shop website seems to be down at the moment, so I can't verify this.

I really like this new one, but I already have way too many fandom mugs, so I'm going to try very hard not to order it. *sigh*

April 14, 2014 7:06 am  #2

Re: Official BBC Shop Merchandise

Ooh, this is beautiful.. I can definitely see myself sipping coffee from that.. but I already spent so much money on Sherlock merchandise, I really shouldn´t.. gnah! *Sits on her hands*

April 14, 2014 8:56 am  #3

The mug is really beautiful, I've got the other one and it's quite an eye-catcher. I'm really tempted to... oh well...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2014 8:58 am  #4

I have the other one too, and I'm so tempted to get this one too! I think they'd look nice together....

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 14, 2014 9:08 am  #5

I also have the other one and I'm not tempted at all ...

where can I pay???????????????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 14, 2014 9:13 am  #6

gently:

Yes, they would look really nice together...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2014 6:46 pm  #7

Yeah, I've been thinking... they should really do a third one in another colour, and then I'd order two each to have a nice china (or rather mug) set for visitors. Though that's a bit dear just for fun, isn't it... Plus, I don't have that many fandom friends who'd fully appreciate a beautiful Sherlock mug. *double sigh*

May 7, 2014 10:53 am  #8

It really is quite attractive. I've not seen the other one. What does it look like?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 7, 2014 12:25 pm  #9

This is the red one:

May 7, 2014 5:51 pm  #10

If this mug has yellow smiley face on the other side it would be prefect.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 7, 2014 6:04 pm  #11

I doubt that it has, but I can't say for sure.

May 15, 2014 6:08 pm  #12

I've got the first one (the red one). This one looks great too, but I don't know, I think it looks more "classy" in red

Just like old times...

June 19, 2014 11:11 am  #13

Does anyone know if there is an actual BBC shop in London where you can buy the merchandise directly? In my hometown there is a big german tv station and we have a merchandise shop in the city center!

June 19, 2014 12:05 pm  #14

Afaik there is none. I went to BBC headquarters with my London friend only to find - a shelf with Dr Who mugs and some staff who advised us to order online  .
While the other shops in the regional BBC offices still seem to exist.

Last edited by Harriet (June 19, 2014 12:06 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 19, 2014 12:15 pm  #15

Oh, that´s too bad, but thank you for the information, I guess I have to order online then!

June 19, 2014 1:58 pm  #16

You're welcome. We couldn't believe it - doesn't make any sense. But we got to see a dalek, though, and could see where the British weather is being made 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 26, 2016 2:51 pm  #17

It's such a pity that these mugs were apparently exclusive to the UK BBC shop which is closing down in a few days. They are beautifully designed, and you can't see the detail or quality until you get one in your hand. The main wallpaper design actually has a raised pattern and it's a subtle gloss brown on a matt black background, you simply can't see that from the online images. Plus each section of wallpaper features a different Sherlock image, the Union Flag, 221B, a violin, a skull, Big Ben, a gun etc. They were just awesome and the Sherlock version came with either a blue, red or purple interior and the Moriarty version with yellow only. I've very grateful to have acquired one of each.      

Board footera