BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2014 1:31 am  #1

Good evening!

What's up? 

I'm (obviously) a big fan of Sherlock, and Doctor Who too. I like to paint, I've been teaching myself for a year and a bit now. (I was gonna put a link to my latest painting but apparently I've got to make a few posts first!)

Good to be here! Looks like a very throrough and busy community.

Edit: Can I add images yet? http://i.imgur.com/BmnDCl4.jpg

Edit2: More paintings http://i.imgur.com/dpBSGEN.jpg and another http://i.imgur.com/af2ReA6.png

Last edited by Ape (April 6, 2014 11:04 pm)

March 21, 2014 6:06 am  #2

Re: Good evening!

Hello and welcome! What an introduction with such an amazing painting. How did you do it? (I like to paint, draw and such, too.)
Have fun!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 21, 2014 7:01 am  #3

Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 21, 2014 8:27 am  #4

Wow, Ape, what a lovely painting! 
By the way, I love your pen name  
Welcome among us!

Last edited by Ozymandias (March 21, 2014 8:28 am)

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

March 21, 2014 3:01 pm  #5

Hello  Wonderful painting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 21, 2014 5:08 pm  #6

Thank you all! I'm actually currently hosting a writing competition, with paintings as the prizes. I came here looking for more people who might be interested in joining in, am I allowed to link to the competition in this forum? If so, where would be best?

March 21, 2014 5:32 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum, Ape, your painting is amazing. We have a section "Upcoming events & Competitions" where you can post a link. 
For your paintings you can use the Fan Art Section. I would love to see more of your works. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2014 6:54 pm  #8

Cheers! Right, posted it! I've only got the one Sherlock painting (the rest of my fan art is Doctor Who) but I'll certainly post the thing I'll be sending to the contest winners.

March 22, 2014 2:51 am  #9

@ Mattlocked: Sorry, missed that you asked something! My paintings are done with acrylics. What do you do?

March 22, 2014 7:31 pm  #10

Welcome, Ape! Hope you'll have a good time here!

That painting is beautiful! You're really talented! I love art! (I've recently picked up water colouring after a 10 year hiatus! I can only hope to reach half of where you are in a year!) Thank you for sharing your work! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 24, 2014 7:24 pm  #11

Thank you very much, Ms. Phantom! Good to hear you're painting again, got anything online anywhere?

March 25, 2014 5:27 pm  #12

Not really; I've only been at it for a month and I'm only finding my feet. I'm pretty much trying to learn how to hold a brush at all... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2014 10:57 pm  #13

Hi, welcome from me as well! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 29, 2014 11:14 pm  #14

Hello & Welcome x

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 31, 2014 9:08 pm  #15

OMFG that painting is AMAZING.

Do you take commissions at all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 6, 2014 10:26 pm  #16

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, got MRSA, lol.

@ Phantom Lady, good luck getting your sea legs! The brush will be an extension of your arm before you know it. Can't wait to see what you create.

@ Harriet + Tiggy Hello! Lovdely to meet you and thanks.

@ Mr Holmes himself, thank you! Have you seen the more recent two in the fan art section? I've started taking commissions recently. Apparently I've fairly recently crossed over the threshold of aptitude to make people interested all of a sudden, which has been fun! If you're interested in a painting or a print I can certainly arrange that, I've sent a few about.

April 12, 2014 11:03 am  #17

OMG THOSE PAINTINGS ARE GORGEOUS. So so so beautifully done!! Will you be doing this professionally? Because you really really should. That's talent right there! I think you've inspired me to take up the brush. (been dabbling with only charcoal and lead all these while)

Oh, and hello btw, haha nice to meet you! Terrible to hear that you were down with MRSA, that's one nasty bug we'd all like to see eradicated!

April 12, 2014 12:08 pm  #18

Thank you! People keep asking for commissions so I guess I'm heading towards professional. Got a new one iup in the fan art section if you're interested. Awesome that you'll give paitning a go! Good luck! Lovely to meet you too.

Board footera