BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2013 10:25 pm  #21

Re: The Avengers

josabby wrote:

I read somewhere someone saying they wanted Benedict Cumberbatch cast in the Avengers sequel because watching him snark with Tom Hiddleston for two hours would be worth the price of admission.  I must concur.

Yes. I've had dreams about our Cumber-Sherlock toe-to-toe with RDJ's Iron Man in some all-out word war. I want--no I NEED--to see that on the big screen in a very bad way!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 12, 2014 11:53 am  #22

I already mentioned in the movie thread that I had just watched, and loved, this movie!
Brilliant action/acting...just so much fun.
Oh,and I've been seriously LOKIED (or however you spell it!).
Can't wait to see 'Thor - Dark World' now.

April 12, 2014 10:51 pm  #23

Awesome.     I believe you say it  Loki'd?   Just occurred to me… now you can appreciate that much more the pic I posted in 'mockups' with the Sherlock-Loki deduction, huh?     I loved it.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 13, 2014 5:53 am  #24

Aw, I´m Loki´d, too! Sherlocked, Loki´d and Snaped.. Hubby says he detects a pattern, but I´m resolved not to have any clue what he means, heh...

I haven´t watched Dark World yet, but I can´t wait,, 

April 13, 2014 2:27 pm  #25

Loki (Tom) is not in the next Avengers movie. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 14, 2014 4:41 am  #26

(a perfect response to the comments of the both of you)  *innocent look*    (le sigh… I do suppose after three movies with him, they needed to vary the villain)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 16, 2014 10:30 pm  #27

Davina wrote:

Loki (Tom) is not in the next Avengers movie.

Booo!
Well, I won't be in such a hurry to watch it then.

April 16, 2014 10:31 pm  #28

Zatoichi wrote:

Aw, I´m Loki´d, too! Sherlocked, Loki´d and Snaped.. 

Me too! Love em all!

August 14, 2014 1:47 pm  #29

Another fan of the Avengers universe here  I've never really liked the Marval comics, mainly because they tend to portray women in a really objectifying, unrealistic way (and I'm very particular about warrior-women and superheroines being portrayed in a sexualized and/or unrealistic way), but the cinematic universe has really improved that aspect.

My fave characters are Black Widow, Captain America and Loki (I'm definitely Loki'd xD). Also Coulson, he's a cutie . I liked the Avengers movie, but my fave movies are Dark World and Winter Soldier. Love Loki and Cap's character development in these, plus all the bromance feels and the awesome Black Widow and Frigga.

February 27, 2016 7:10 pm  #30

Age of Ultron anyone....since this thread seems to have been in hibernation. There were compensations for the lack of Tom...for me anyway...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 27, 2016 7:12 pm  #31

See my daughter says I should give it a go...but no Tom?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 1, 2016 4:46 pm  #32

Listen to James Spader's voice, observe the 'humanisation' of Ultron and giggle at the humour... and...did I mention...listen to James Spader's voice??? 

March 2, 2016 9:23 pm  #33

I absolutely love Tom's Loki, but apart from that let me just mention two things: Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 3, 2016 6:33 am  #34

I am unfamiliar with the first gentleman and have a complicated relationship with RDJ!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 3, 2016 8:45 am  #35

I love Tom as Loki as well

besleybean wrote:

I am unfamiliar with the first gentleman and have a complicated relationship with RDJ!

You,too?!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 3, 2016 10:21 am  #36

I have been an admirer of RDJ ever since "Chaplin" and "Home for the Holidays", and I think that his Tony Stark is right on spot.
And Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is the best Hulk ever - and that's coming from someone who considers Edward Norton to be an excellent actor. Still, Mark's Hulk is just... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 3, 2016 4:40 pm  #37

RDJ: yeah I think he's very talented and I know he's had a rough life, but I find him just a tad of a diva...sometimes.

March 3, 2016 8:27 pm  #38

I'd say he's just flirting with the idea of being a real diva. But that might just lie in the eye of the beholder.

March 4, 2016 7:18 pm  #39

besleybean wrote:

RDJ: yeah I think he's very talented and I know he's had a rough life, but I find him just a tad of a diva...sometimes.

I think he can be a brilliant actor, I hope there will be films that will proof that again. The role as Tony Stark is perfect for him but he is that Marvel guy now and I find that boring. He became a bit too much like Tony Stark. So And he looks a bit botoxed, in my opinion. I miss the times between post-drugs and pre Iron Man 2. 

Greatest respect for his wife Susan for being the reason to stop that self-destructive behaviour. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 4, 2016 7:19 pm  #40

Love does that...

Board footera