BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2014 7:24 am  #101

Re: Gatiss and Hiddleston in Coriolanus

I only recently realised that Kinnear played M's assistant in the last two Bond movies.
And yes, Mark's performance really was very impressive.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 11, 2014 10:14 am  #102

Beat me to it. Yes, Olivier Award  nominations for both Mark and Tom. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 11, 2014 5:22 pm  #103

Saw to see it yesterday and was really lucky, because when I arrived there was just 1 (yes: one) ticket left. In the first row. Well, I took it anyway and I don't regret. The play is excellent and I really, really enjoyed TH performance, I liked him better than in the "Hollow Crown" in fact. I liked the idea of young Coriolanus and found it totally believable (he has more excuse for behaving like an idiot, lol) and Hiddlestone was very human in his range of emotions. HIs best scenes are may be with his mother - a powerful performance By Deborah Findlay, but almost all the cast was excellent (I wasn't entirely happy with the Swedish actress plying Virgilia). Mark Gatiss was excellent and he deserves his nomination, but I have to say it was difficult, for me, not to see some Mycroft in certain his movements and mannerisms. 

April 11, 2014 8:20 pm  #104

I agree with your review. Did you cry?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 11, 2014 8:58 pm  #105

I almost did, when he was with hiis family...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 12, 2014 1:17 pm  #106

The last scene was very moving and his last exchange with his mother superb. I didn't cry, but was deeply engrossed. 

April 13, 2014 10:42 pm  #107

Pity, Mark and Tom both didn't won an Oliver Award  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 13, 2014 10:43 pm  #108

Shame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 16, 2018 7:14 am  #109

Sorry to answer my own post here, but I have a question and honestly it's for science!  Well actually I'm having a 'discussion' with somebody in another fan group and I wondered if anybody here actually knew the definitive answer.
So this is only really directed at anybody who actually saw the play live in the theatre, NOT via live links...unless somebody else KNOWS the answer...altho it could just be that me and this other fan are merely at cross purposes.
Anhyhow, my question is this: at any point during Tom's performance of Coriolanus, was he completely naked?
I have been arguing(as I understood it) that he was in the stage show normally, but not during the performance recorded and broadcast for live link...same as with Benedict for Frankenstein.

Board footera