BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2014 3:06 pm  #361

Re: The Empty Hearse Picture Thread!

Who said I would cry?

sniffle ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 3:08 pm  #362

Let me see - he had asked Molly to go there with him but then they got distracted and he went alone. Alone. And he did not even care to switch on the light. And there was no fire burning in the fireplace. And it was cold outside.

What about now, gently? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 10, 2014 4:40 pm  #363

Susi ... that's unfair ... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 7:57 pm  #364

Susi, not another word, please...? That's just...

gently, here comes the pic in b/w:

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 10, 2014 8:00 pm  #365

Sweet dreams are made of this ... 

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 8:07 pm  #366

Or sleepless nights, possibly...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 10, 2014 8:10 pm  #367

I prefer sweet dreams. Gives me much more. Never dreamt of him so far. 

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 8:11 pm  #368

Maybe this time. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 10, 2014 8:15 pm  #369

God, the way he seems to look straight at you... and the lighting makes him look so, I don't know... like he was not from this world... Sherlock, Sherlock, what are you doing to me...?

April 10, 2014 8:15 pm  #370

Sigh ... yes maybe.
Good night, ladies.

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 8:19 pm  #371

Sleep well, gently. 

April 10, 2014 8:21 pm  #372

Wow... I would like to say something intelligent... but 'Wow' is all I can muster right now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 10, 2014 8:35 pm  #373

Same here, Phantom.. happens all the time when I look at his pictures. Somehow.. coherent thoughts leave me when he looks at me like this. lol

April 10, 2014 8:36 pm  #374

SusiGo wrote:

I guess I posted this one already. 

I found that scene jarring. Sherlock never eats, and yet, here he is digging into cold greasy fried stuff that's been wrapped up in paper? I found that puzzling.  Hmmm. His version of comfort food, I presume.

Last edited by ancientsgate (April 10, 2014 8:37 pm)

April 10, 2014 8:43 pm  #375

Now I am even sadder than before, ancientsgate. 

April 10, 2014 8:43 pm  #376

Aaaaw and now I'm getting sad again thinking about that scene 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 11, 2014 2:10 pm  #377

*lurger barking in*

Girls, you made my afternoon with all the pictures and your amusing comments. Such a nice distraction from work on a sunny Friday. Thank you all!

And yes, Sherlock is indeed a good-looking lad on some of the caps. I'm still trying to get used to a Sherlock with the looks of Benedict Cumberbatch. But I guess I'll get the hang of it in the next few weeks (days?). I already like Ben's Sherlock more than I did a few weeks ago, so...

Sometimes I just take a long long time to finally fall for something. Or rather someone.

Oh, and...

ancientsgate wrote:

I found that scene jarring. Sherlock never eats, and yet, here he is digging into cold greasy fried stuff that's been wrapped up in paper? I found that puzzling.  Hmmm. His version of comfort food, I presume

Probably. I also found that scene a little odd. And quite telling at the same time.
It's either comfort food or he went on a binge. He never eats when he's on a case, he's got to replenish the reserves now and then, right?

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 11, 2014 2:32 pm  #378

eurydike wrote:

Probably. I also found that scene [eating the fish and chips] a little odd. And quite telling at the same time.  It's either comfort food or he went on a binge. He never eats when he's on a case, he's got to replenish the reserves now and then, right?  

The same part of his personality that allows him to justify the smoking would allow him to justify the cold fish and chips eaten directly out of a soggy wrapper, yes, I think so. It's just that we'd never been shown that before, as far as I can remember. OTOH, I can remember that scene in Mrs. H's kitchen when he opened her fridge and reached in to grab himself some kind of treat out of there, and he ate it standing up, talking to her and John. So...  he can be impulsive, as we've seen a million times, and there's no reason why that wouldn't show in his food choices at times.

April 11, 2014 2:59 pm  #379

I heard you. 

April 11, 2014 3:42 pm  #380

Aahhhhhh...........      

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera