BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2014 1:49 pm  #41

Re: "Benaddicted" vs "Sherlocked"?

I am Sherlocked
I am BenAddicted
I am completely and utterly Cumberbatched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 9, 2014 1:50 pm  #42

You are busy. LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 9, 2014 2:37 pm  #43

I agree with tonnaree on all counts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 9, 2014 3:53 pm  #44

besleybean wrote:

I agree with tonnaree on all counts!

Same here!

April 9, 2014 4:18 pm  #45

gently69 wrote:

You are busy. LOL

It keeps me off the streets.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 9, 2014 4:49 pm  #46

That's true. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 5:23 am  #47

Got another proof that I definitely am Bemaddicted. 

But first let's clarify: Sherlocked means being immensely interested in the character, no matter who performs it. Right?

Well, gave another adoption a chance yesterday. The film as a whole was entertaining but Robert Downey Jr. couldn't make it. I also like Jude Law very much (do I have a preference for English actors?  ) but no ... To really enjoy Sherlock I NEED Benedict ... and also Martin as his congenial partner. That also doesn't depend on the time the story is placed in. I love shows like Ripper Street for example.
I also already watched older adoptions, to be honest ages ago, but I am convinced that Benedict is THE Sherlock for me. So ...

Last edited by gently69 (April 10, 2014 4:37 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 7:06 am  #48

Well for me Sherlock IS Ben... nobody else, sorry ;).
I started reading the books and there is always Ben and Martin in my mind...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 10, 2014 7:12 am  #49

Same with me.

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 7:15 am  #50

I tried to watch Elementary a few times but somehow I couldn't take it seriously... Yup, to me Ben will always be my Sherlock!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 10, 2014 7:16 am  #51

Actually I was never interested in Sherlock Holmes before Ben / BBC...
We also watched the cinema movie (on Blu-Ray), I stopped paying attention after only a few minutes... Booooring...

This is also, what I wrote him in a letter, I mean that he was the one, who made me like Sherlock Holmes... (but not anything about how I adore him or how attractive he is, because I think he reads that all day...)

But well, I really really adore Ben, but by him I am fascinated and I also like his outlook, but by Sherlock I am attracted .

April 10, 2014 9:57 am  #52

zeratul wrote:

But well, I really really adore Ben, but by him I am fascinated and I also like his outlook, but by Sherlock I am attracted .

I used to feel the same, but S3 has changed it a bit for me to be honest. I still love Sherlock but I'm not so much drawn to him anymore. I feel sorry for him most of the time.. with the exception of the Janine-story maybe, which I really enjoyed for that reason. And it's always John, John keeps him right and he does everything for him, so I just wish them all the happiness in the world  and stand next to Molly, loving him from a distance and moving on.

With Ben it's the other way around, the more I see of him the more I'm attracted.. He has so many fascinating facets to discover about him.. 

April 10, 2014 10:00 am  #53

Zatoichi, your last sentence describes what I feel exactly.

(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 10:05 am  #54

I'm going to second your last sentence as well, Zatoichi! Exactly my story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 10, 2014 10:26 am  #55

Mhh as season 3 was the first one I watched in English, I got attracted in this season first...

April 10, 2014 12:05 pm  #56

I liked Sherlock even before Ben. Read the books as a teenager (and now again). loved Basil Rathbone in the old Series and I really enjoyed Robert Downey jr. as Sherlock. BEFORE. Now it coudn´t be anyone else than Benedict.
And yes - like tonaree said - cumberbatched.
Heaven - I need a man like HIS Sherlock in my live :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

April 10, 2014 1:57 pm  #57

My body actually knew I had become Benaddicted before I did...

Series 3 was avaible on the Danish TV providers website for a month and I watched it daily... I've always had a huge appetite, so much so I've been diagnosed with BED... All of a sudden I was just not hungry, I forgot to have lunch, breakfast and dinner... I had no passion for food at all. I was also happier than usual... I was actually scared I might have been sick

It all clicked when I was having ice cream and put on STID and then pushed the ice cream away. 

Yes, I am that crazy *hides*

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 10, 2014 2:01 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 10, 2014 3:19 pm  #58

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

My body actually knew I had become Benaddicted before I did...

Series 3 was avaible on the Danish TV providers website for a month and I watched it daily... I've always had a huge appetite, so much so I've been diagnosed with BED... All of a sudden I was just not hungry, I forgot to have lunch, breakfast and dinner... I had no passion for food at all. I was also happier than usual... I was actually scared I might have been sick

It all clicked when I was having ice cream and put on STID and then pushed the ice cream away. 

Yes, I am that crazy *hides*

No need to hide honey.  We all have our crazies.  Even if they come out in different ways.  (((hugs)))

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 16, 2014 1:16 am  #59

I think I am definately Sherlocked.  I am attracted to the Sherlock that Benedict portrays.  I am also very much attrached to Benadict's Khan in Star Trek.  I am sometimes very much attracted to characters Ben plays in movies or on T.V.   As for the man behind the characters - I find his MIND, and his personality intriguing. I love to hear him talk.  But I don't always find him attractive. It's weird. 

April 16, 2014 7:24 am  #60

I think that's just very human.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera