BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2014 11:27 pm  #1

Anderson's TARDIS

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere but....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 7, 2014 11:56 pm  #2

Re: Anderson's TARDIS

Oh, I've also seen it and loved it! It's the infamous Tardis-theory and therefore very important to have it pinned to his wall. :D
I wonder whether the theory with the cabbage and the big helicopter thing mentioned by Benedict in his video for Comic-Con also found his way to the wall somewhere...

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

April 8, 2014 3:49 am  #3

Oh, I've seen!  Believe I posted it once, maybe in the mockups folder.  Love it… and the fact that he's wearing a jumper like John's.  All the little ways they find to do tie-ins…    (because of course Anderson would have been scouring security footage for any clues, and seen the Tardis somewhere, then gone, and become determined to find out what it had to do with Sherlock)   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 8, 2014 6:02 am  #4

I've noticed it, and I just love it! Such a lovely tie-in! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 8, 2014 8:44 am  #5

I love the way the Tardis now exists in Sherlock's world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 8, 2014 8:52 am  #6

Yeah, I've seen it posted somewhere else too, probably on Tumblr. Such a cool inside joke!

Maybe a bit off topic, but the other day I was watching Marvel Agent's of SHIELD, and Fitz and Simmons were joking about Sherlock. Not specifically our Sherlock, but they were discussing who was more like John and who was more like Sherlock. I think the show has really given the franchise a big boost so that it's back on people's radar.

April 8, 2014 9:02 am  #7

Apparently everything silly, inappropriate and impossible exists now in the world of series 3. I wish I knew how we could return to Sherlock's former world from series 1 and 2. Without any use of the Tardis, of course. Make the writers see some sense that is. Wake John up to come out of this nightmare.

April 8, 2014 12:40 pm  #8

In the original stories, Sherlock Holmes makes some nasty remarks about Edgar Allan Poe′s Dupin and Emile Gaboriaux′s Monsieur Lecoq. Which means that those popular works of fiction exists in-universe in Sherlock Holmes world.

Dr. Who is nowadays one of the most popular works of British fiction. So it certainly exist in-universe in modern BBC Sherlock either. What′s more, it′s Anderson, the creator of most crazy fan theories about Sherlock′s survival, who has TARDIS pinned on his wall. One of Anderson′s beautiful theories featured John Watson being hypnotised by Derren Brown and a ridiculous mask being glued on Moriarty′s face. So it′s possible he has also some other theory, in which Sherlock is saved by TARDIS in the very last moment. Silly? Yes. But inappropriate and impossible? No..... Everything is possible with Anderson.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2014 12:48 pm  #9

Hehe having that T.A.R.D.I.S. therory really mentioned in TEH would have been a bit too much though, as Moftiss are writers at Dr. Who...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 8, 2014 1:18 pm  #10

John felt guilty for not having been able to prevent the fall. Anderson is another reflection of this guilt.
They are seeking for relieve by jumping into a fairy tale world where everything is possible.
I wouldn't compare the "existence" of the Tardis in Anderson's flat with Holmes' mentioning Dupin or Lecoq.
Sherlock might mention Wallander though who is imo (if he were real) always a bit too occupied with his personal problems. He was a decent detective when he was healthy and at the top of his game. I can imagine that Sherlock exchanges emails or clients visiting Sherlock upon the recommendation of Wallander. A little nod could be enough just like Doyle did it with Dupin.

Last edited by Be (April 8, 2014 1:50 pm)

April 8, 2014 2:11 pm  #11

It would probably cause a riot but wouldn′t it be funny to open „The Empty Hearse“ with a scene of TARDIS standing on the roof of St. Bart′s – only to be later revealed as an Anderson′s theory? Internet would explode after that!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2014 4:31 pm  #12

I loved that the Tardis was there and I don't even watch Doctor Who! (last time I watched Doctor Who was with Tom Baker!).

April 8, 2014 8:38 pm  #13

nakahara wrote:

It would probably cause a riot but wouldn′t it be funny to open „The Empty Hearse“ with a scene of TARDIS standing on the roof of St. Bart′s – only to be later revealed as an Anderson′s theory? Internet would explode after that!

^^^ haha yes

April 9, 2014 11:17 am  #14

Difficult to decide if and when you touch on other franchises when this Sherlock lives in the modern world. Moftiss did mention; in a joking fashion, that when Sherlock was surveying London from the roof they could have panned round and showed James Bond at the other end of the building. (scene fom Skyfall I believe?)
Although Bond does get a oblique mention at the end of HLV.
And if they reflected the real world accurately we should have seen Sherlock/Watson walking past posters of Benedict in STID at the Underground station location.

April 9, 2014 11:28 am  #15

We know that John is a fan of Bond movies. Makes perfect sense.

April 9, 2014 1:22 pm  #16

dartmoordoggers wrote:

Difficult to decide if and when you touch on other franchises when this Sherlock lives in the modern world. Moftiss did mention; in a joking fashion, that when Sherlock was surveying London from the roof they could have panned round and showed James Bond at the other end of the building. (scene fom Skyfall I believe?)
Although Bond does get a oblique mention at the end of HLV.
And if they reflected the real world accurately we should have seen Sherlock/Watson walking past posters of Benedict in STID at the Underground station location.

Oh, Sherlock actually WAS interested in STID posters :

He probably thought: "Oh, Hollywood scum - they completelly copied my pose, didn´t they?"

April 9, 2014 7:19 pm  #17

OMG! That just made me giggle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 11, 2014 11:41 am  #18

I definitely want this shirt!

Board footera