BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2014 8:45 pm  #201

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I would be interested to know what is the oldest member here and the youngest.  No names *giggle*  just numbers. Can't believe that when I first signed up here I was scared I'd be considered to old to fangirl. 

There are a couple of us here (that I know of, there may be more) who are in our mid-60s. I don't think about my age much-- by god, if I want to do something or be interested in something, I just do it. Once in a while (well, okay, more than once in a while, truth be told) I'm aware that I'm old enough to be someone's mom or even grandma here, and I sit and roll my eyes at some of the fangirl flailing comments, but I don't do that much, since I'm too busy doing my own fangirl flailing at the time. heh

That's why I feel so "at home" on this forum: despite being nearly 40, i don't feel my age here even with people way younger than me and i don't feel weird to fangirling too..
No matter what our ages are, we're just Sherlock fan

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

April 2, 2014 12:00 pm  #202

I enjoy telling people my age because they're usually shocked.  I'm always pegged as way younger than I really am.  I tell people I owe it all to immaturity. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 3, 2014 11:50 am  #203

Nowt wrong with immaturity! I reckon it keeps you young! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 3, 2014 12:09 pm  #204

Turned naughty 40 last december. Perfect age to join this forum

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 3, 2014 12:24 pm  #205

mrshouse wrote:

There is no imperfect age.

April 3, 2014 12:33 pm  #206

ancientsgate wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

There is no imperfect age.

Agreed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 8, 2014 5:29 pm  #207

I just realized I've gotten a bit old, mentally I mean...

A while ago a man told me, jokingly, that I looked about 14... (I am 24). I was actually flattered. Not too long ago I would have been offended! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 8, 2014 5:34 pm  #208

Davina wrote:

I was going to suggest you look at the Benedict Cumberbatch thread to work out who some of the female members of this forum are but...even that's not infallible I guess. Be warned if you do...there's a LOT of female hormones racing about all over the place! Lol

Oh yes enter with caution lol.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

April 8, 2014 6:08 pm  #209

I was tickled to see the wide range of ages present at the 221bcon. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 9, 2014 6:12 pm  #210

What I love about this forum is that there are so many different people from different ages, but we have one thing in common: We love Sherlock! And it's such a great feeling to be part of such an adorable fandom! =)

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

April 14, 2014 7:16 pm  #211

Well said, sherlocked4ever! 

I´m 34, sometimes feeling like 8, sometimes like 80, and everything in between..

April 14, 2014 7:34 pm  #212

I've said before that I'm 17, but hahah the truth is that I'm only 16... Or well, I turn 17 in 2 months.

When I first joined this forum I though everyone were teenagers, but then someone mentioned that they had kids and I was very suprised to be honest haha... And after that I though everyone were around 30-40.

Now I've realized here are people in all ages, and even if I sometimes feel a bit young (hehe... have never had a boyfriend, have never kissed a boy and so on...) I think It's really funny that here are so many different kinds of people

Last edited by batchlock (April 14, 2014 7:35 pm)

April 14, 2014 7:45 pm  #213

batchlock wrote:

I've said before that I'm 17, but hahah the truth is that I'm only 16... Or well, I turn 17 in 2 months.

When I first joined this forum I though everyone were teenagers, but then someone mentioned that they had kids and I was very suprised to be honest haha... And after that I though everyone were around 30-40.

Now I've realized here are people in all ages, and even if I sometimes feel a bit young (hehe... have never had a boyfriend, have never kissed a boy and so on...) I think It's really funny that here are so many different kinds of people

It's all fine.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 16, 2014 10:39 am  #214

In two weeks it's my 22th Birthday!  ... But when people are guessing how old I am, they always think I'm younger ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------       

"Decent.Who cares about decent. The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!"

April 16, 2014 11:52 am  #215

gingercat wrote:

In two weeks it's my 22th Birthday!  ... But when people are guessing how old I am, they always think I'm younger ...

I am honestly often mistaken for 10 years younger than I am.  That's why I don't lie about my age, I brag about it.  *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 25, 2014 6:06 am  #216

m0r1arty wrote:

We should maybe get a gender poll going too. I've a slight suspicion that there might be a slight lead in the female category at this point in time.

-m0r

And you're right, we dominate  #TheDominatrix 

August 31, 2014 1:42 am  #217

Irene Adler wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm making this poll just to have an idea of the age range of the users of this forum. Obviously, there's no need to reveal anything you don't want to and of course, you don't have to leave here any kind of message, just vote in your age range.

I'd like one of our moderators or the boss to pin this topic in the upper part of the section if that's OK. This way, everyone can see it and it won't get lost.
So let's go:

Probably should alter the age categories. I went with 30-40 instead of 40-50 even though 40 is in both. LOL

October 15, 2014 4:40 pm  #218

I'm 35 and the older I get the dafter I get.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 20, 2015 11:26 am  #219

I was born in the golden year, same as Benedict 

I'm loving the fact that there is such a diverse group of people gathered here, although it does seem a little quiet sometimes. I feel like I have arrived at a party after most people have gone home. I can't wait until the Special and season 4 are on air, maybe it will get a bit busier?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 20, 2015 11:32 am  #220

I'm one year younger than Ben, born in '77.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera