BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2014 3:54 pm  #21

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

That came in useful. 
And they will probably go for a historic approach like they did with The Hollow Crown so it is not impossible. And I am excited to see what they will do about his hump (that actually never existed). Richard is such a fascinating character with a society of his own dedicated to save his reputation from what Shakespeare did to it.  Of course they will have to stick to the text but we know how Benedict can humanise an unsympathetic character 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 7, 2014 4:41 pm  #22

YAY! I'm so thrilled to hear this! ARGH I can not wait!! 

I need to study this some more though... 

But yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 7, 2014 4:50 pm  #23

It will be interesting to compare Benedict's interpretation to Martin's!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 7, 2014 4:50 pm  #24

Very much so. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 7, 2014 4:56 pm  #25

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 7, 2014 5:06 pm  #26

This is sweet. 

April 7, 2014 5:08 pm  #27

That's lovely
I don't want to compare the two versions too much, personally.
Benedict and Martin are both tremendous Actors with very contrasting styles, imo, and I think both will bring something different, but great to the role

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 7, 2014 6:03 pm  #28

Aaaw that BBC tweeting is cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 7, 2014 6:29 pm  #29

...and after BBC One has tweeted this, maybe they now could give their official O.K. for S4...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 7, 2014 11:20 pm  #30

BBC One and BBC Two tweeting with each other is just too cute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 8, 2014 8:16 am  #31

Saw this edit this morning, got me super excited!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 8, 2014 12:27 pm  #32

Wow, they just ensured that I will ruthlessly side with Richard III (of both versions).

Fortunately, since I read Josephine Tey′s „The Daughter of Time“ (http://www.gutenberg.ca/ebooks/teyj-daughteroftime/teyj-daughteroftime-00-h-dir/teyj-daughteroftime-00-h.html) I am pretty much convinced that real historical Richard III was deliberately villified by his political enemies, so I will indulge in my Richard III fandom shamelessly.   

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2014 1:26 pm  #33

Could you please explain how to get the file on an e-book reader? 

April 8, 2014 1:45 pm  #34

I don′t have much experience with e-book readers, but I think it′s possible to download it from this Gutenberg catalogue where it exists in various formats:

http://www.gutenberg.ca/#catalogueT

Tey is the third author mentioned in the catalogue under the „T“.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2014 1:55 pm  #35

You can download Richard III from Gutenberg in Geman and English for example on pdf. I suppose you can read it on e-book readers then, too. Depends on the reader.

May 5, 2014 8:41 am  #36

Here is the Wikipedia entry with some additional information. Looks as if Benedict will be in three of the four films. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hollow_Crown_(TV_series)

Last edited by SusiGo (May 5, 2014 8:41 am)

May 5, 2014 8:57 am  #37

This would be so great...! Something big's coming, I can feel it!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 5, 2014 9:00 am  #38

Yes, that could be amazing, especially as it is the same artistic team they had on the first series. 

May 5, 2014 9:05 am  #39

I think I'll have some reading to do. I know and love "Richard III", but I haven't got a clue about "Henry VI".
They'll certainly know what they're doing, I'm sure it'll be fantastic. Can't wait!

May 5, 2014 9:07 am  #40

Be prepared. The three parts are not an easy read as far as I know. 

Board footera