BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2014 10:19 pm  #21

Re: "Benaddicted" vs "Sherlocked"?

Crazy about both! Ben is nothing like the character (as far as I can tell from all the interviews I've seen). He seems like such a sweetheart. Although Sherlock appears cold, there is a caring side to him (the way he got even with the "intruder" who harmed Mrs. Hudson is a perfect example). Of course his intelligence (both Ben and Sherlock) and stunning good looks complete the package. Can't get enough of the show or Ben! <3

March 28, 2014 10:27 pm  #22

While I like Ben and enjoy the work he has done in other productions (fabulous actor!), its the Sherlock character he has created that does it for me.
More Sherlocked than Benedicted, I'm afraid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 28, 2014 10:28 pm  #23

I'm equally both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 7, 2014 8:12 pm  #24

The more I see, hear and read of him the more Benaddicted I become.

And reading and watching Parade´s End I´m also quite..Chrissyfied.. at the moment.

April 7, 2014 8:24 pm  #25

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Definitely Sherlocked. Ben is adorable (and gets more and more handsome with age) and I enjoy watching his other movies, but the Sherlock character is what makes me go weak at the knees first. But it's the same with other actors. I love Hugh Jackman, but mainly as Wolverine. I love Richard Armitage but it is his John Thornton character from North and South that gets me more. Always the characters. Maybe it's because I write and love deep brooding 'characters'. I dunno.

Yeah, I really need to admit that I am attracted to the BBC Sherlock played by Ben. But I see Sherlock in there, not Ben... The whole way he treats people, acts and so on is attractive... Well I may not be normal though.

I like Ben, he is really adorable, but I don't see him in his characters, which shows how good an actor he is.
Ben is also attractive, but I mainly go for Sherlock honestly, when it goes to real attraction... For Ben... I would rather want to talk to him, and know him as a person, but nothing physical...

Last edited by zeratul (April 7, 2014 8:26 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 8, 2014 6:29 am  #26

I'm not going to lie; I started out being purely Sherlocked. Madly in love with this curly haired detective with his funny ways and rudeness... I saw a bit of Benedict on the net and I just couldn't seem to 'get into him' like I was Sherlock... it's not the first time I've loved a character more than an actor.

Things happened, and especially joining this forum I started to realize what a versatile actor he really is. I started to borrow his DVD's from the library... I was a fan of his acting skills at first, fascinated at his talent and loved him for that.

Then I went through the entire picture thread here in a few days. (Think it was 1200 pages at the time). And I was just madly in love with this man... 

So, I really am both! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 8, 2014 9:36 am  #27

Sherlocked. I loved the ACD books and that how my intrest started. My favourite adaptation (with big twist) is House MD becouse it appeals to my fascination with medical dramas as well as Sherlock.
I do more fandom stuff for BBC Sherlock though. I find the fandom more active and engaging.

Saying that I have enjoyed watching Benedict in other productions. He tends to appear in the sort of movies that I like watching any way (Stuart and Third Star are my favourites), which is a bonus.

April 8, 2014 10:44 am  #28

Started as Sherlocked, but quite early on get "Paraded" and then it took just a couple of live-interviews to enter the Benaddicted path - the only actor I have ever been interested in as a person, not only parts they play.

April 8, 2014 10:50 am  #29

miriel68 wrote:

Started as Sherlocked, but quite early on get "Paraded" and then it took just a couple of live-interviews to enter the Benaddicted path - the only actor I have ever been interested in as a person, not only parts they play.

Summed up brilliantly!  I feel the same way!

April 8, 2014 11:13 am  #30

There was a pic from Comic Con in the picture thread...
A girl with a shirt (not the one she was wearing) saying "(Ben)addict" - funny word game, as it sounds like Benedict... and he wrote on it "I can help you with that!" I wonder how...

April 8, 2014 11:23 am  #31

miriel68 wrote:

...then it took just a couple of live-interviews to enter the Benaddicted path - the only actor I have ever been interested in as a person, not only parts they play.

This!

Yeah ... I think ... I am more Benaddicted. The proof is that I watched Sherlock S1 and 2 on German TV, found it very entertaining and the characters interesting but wasn't atracted by them. Because I didn't know the original version.

Benedict caught me with his voice in TFE and didn't let me go again. I adore his look, his talent and the way he is. Sherlock is just a character, I have to admit a brilliant one, he plays.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 8, 2014 11:49 am  #32

gently69 wrote:

Yeah ... I think ... I am more Benaddicted. The proof is that I watched Sherlock S1 and 2 on German TV, found it very entertaining and the characters interesting but wasn't atracted by them. Because I didn't know the original version.

same here, but still more for Sherlock I guess ^^

April 8, 2014 12:04 pm  #33

zeratul wrote:

There was a pic from Comic Con in the picture thread...
A girl with a shirt (not the one she was wearing) saying "(Ben)addict" - funny word game, as it sounds like Benedict... and he wrote on it "I can help you with that!" I wonder how...

Wow!! Lucky girl! Well, clearly he IS the solution.  ;-)

April 8, 2014 12:06 pm  #34

But what could he do to help???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 8, 2014 12:14 pm  #35

gently69 wrote:

But what could he do to help???

If I'm ever fortunate enough to meet him, I will gladly ask! I've got a few suggestions for him, if he runs out of ideas. ;-)

April 8, 2014 12:19 pm  #36

Your suggestions will be useful for developing the addiction but there won't be a cure.
Thank God!

(Tony Hadley)

April 8, 2014 12:22 pm  #37

gently69 wrote:

Your suggestions will be useful for developing the addiction but there won't be a cure.
Thank God!

I'm sure you're right!

April 8, 2014 12:32 pm  #38

hihi
Yeah, well I would also love to meet him, as he fascinates me as a person.

April 9, 2014 1:16 pm  #39

Just jump in to tell you I´m Benaddicted! But also a bit Sherlocked. This is still my favourite character (beside Khan) and that was the one I fell in love with. So I think I must be a bit weird to be attracted by a sociopath. But I can´t help :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

April 9, 2014 1:28 pm  #40

Sava wrote:

Just jump in to tell you I´m Benaddicted! But also a bit Sherlocked. This is still my favourite character (beside Khan) and that was the one I fell in love with. So I think I must be a bit weird to be attracted by a sociopath. But I can´t help :-)

It's hard not to be Sherlocked! Maybe I'm a bit nuts, but there's just something about his intelligence and personality that is irresistible. He is not quite the sociopath he claims to be, as sometimes he shows a caring side and some level of emotion. It could be how Benedict plays him though.  God, he's brilliant. <sighs> <3

Board footera