BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2014 3:41 pm  #41

Re: "Mary will remain in series 4"

Be wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

I'm not glad. Don't like Mary and if they stay I hope with as little screen time as possible, don't want three and a half leads. Too many smart people in one room.
Like Amanda though, no doubt.

Funny, isn't it. Everybody is super clever or at least a psychopath.
We have Mycroft who is apparently clever. Mary, too. CAM has a mind palace. Mrs. Holmes is a genuis anyway. If Moriarty comes back it looks as if Sherlock is supposed to be the stupid one to struggle his way through the next series. And I bet the Watson-baby will be a genius, too.
Where are all the "ordinary" people I have to cope with in real life?

Well, those people would be the people in the real world, wouldn't they?  I don't expect ordinary people in a drama about an man with extraordinary powers of deductions.

Last edited by sj4iy (April 6, 2014 3:42 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

April 6, 2014 7:04 pm  #42

I think it is one thing to create a fictional reality with a Holmes character who happens to be able to "see through everything and everyone in seconds" and another thing to put him into the Tardis metaphorically speaking. The Mary character is a symbol of the paradox of series 3.
It's no use to point that out when apparently everybody tries to make sense of something that's impossible.  I do see that.

Last edited by Be (April 6, 2014 7:25 pm)

April 6, 2014 7:23 pm  #43

It'll be interesting to see if she survives series 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 6, 2014 7:46 pm  #44

besleybean wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if she survives series 4.

She can only live in a reality where Moriarty is alive and appears on every screen in the U.K. simulaneously.
Mycroft said that it's simply not possible. And Mycroft is never wrong.

April 7, 2014 7:29 am  #45

I gotta say, I'm very curious as to how they would make that work: Mary and the Baby and John-- still togther in season 4? I have NO idea.

April 7, 2014 10:30 am  #46

I've sort of given up on speculating about Mary's future. That is right now I really can't see how they are going to weasel their way out of this. I only hope Moffat and Gatiss know though.
So I'm just going to lean back and see what happens. Most likely (and hopefully) the solution will be something I never considered before but will seem completely logical when it comes up.
But I also hope it will be well plotted out, I don't want anything to happen in the 'off' that we will just have to accept as given. But with such a major character I honestly don't think they will let that happen. It would be a such waste of an interesting storyline.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera