BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2014 1:24 am  #261

Re: Fanfics from forum members

Ok I've updated the list.

QE - I still love that fic! (Mycroft is perfect)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 26, 2014 8:36 pm  #262

Thanks, Wholocked! Your comments were very helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 26, 2014 10:35 pm  #263

Oh good! I was worried I had scared you away! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 29, 2014 7:52 pm  #264

No, not at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2014 8:26 am  #265

The On-Call Corpse is finally finished. The last chapter has just been added

FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10073977/1/The-On-Call-Corpse
AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1220638/chapters/2499589 

And I just started posting my new work. 

The Gothic Murders

"DI Celia Yellow is desperately trying to solve the case of a serial killer who targets young gothic girls; just like her own daughter. Sherlock Holmes is itching for a case. Celia Yellow is not ready to take the risk of allowing Sherlock to help just yet. And all the while more young girls falls victim of the serial killer. Can she be convinced?"

Be adviced of graphic depictions of violence

FF.net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10234274/1/The-Gothic-Murders
AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1399492 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 5, 2014 6:51 pm  #266

The Baker Street scene in HLV bothered me until I tried to explain Sherlock's behaviour. And suddenly there was the idea for a fic. Here it is:

"Lifetime Performance"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1418992

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2014 7:28 pm  #267

Definitely worth reading - no need to say it is well written 
I enjoyed the banister thing and the cab drivers and the - but wait, it should be a BAFTA! 
Kudos! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 5, 2014 7:29 pm  #268

Thank you so much, Harriet. And a BAFTA would be nice but as I compared 221B to a stage ... 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2014 7:31 pm  #269

And it would distract the readers and send them - somewhere else 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 5, 2014 7:56 pm  #270

That was good, Susi! I enjoyed reading it (although my personal interpretation of Mary is different). I liked the scene where Sherlock escaped from the hospital; I've never really thought or read about how he could have managed to do that.

April 5, 2014 7:58 pm  #271

Thank you, QE, glad to hear you liked it.  I neither know a fic where this part is described from Sherlock's POV so I thought I could give it a try. 

April 5, 2014 9:32 pm  #272

Susi, I love your way of showing Sherlock and his deep devotion for John we get to see in S3. And disliking your Mary is so much fun.  :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 6, 2014 9:20 pm  #273

I loved your story, Susi.  It seemed like it really could have been Sherlock's POV through the whole thing.  I have so many conflicting emotions about HVL.  Your fic helped sooth me. 
I wonder, has anyone done a fan fic about what went on in the months between that scene and Christmas with the Holmes's? What other conversations might John and Sherlock have had about Mary?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

April 6, 2014 9:36 pm  #274

Thank you very much, KP, I am glad to hear you liked it. 
There are quite a lot of HLV fics out there but I am not sure if someone from here wrote one. 

April 7, 2014 11:37 am  #275

Also read it now, Susi. And I really really like it. I can imagine it being played and narrated by Sherlock. Which proves it absolutely works for me ... convincing without any exception.
My English isn't that good but I also think that it is written brilliantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 7, 2014 12:01 pm  #276

Thank you so much for your kind words, gently. I am really glad it works for you. 

April 7, 2014 12:11 pm  #277

You are very welcome. It was really interesting to see it through Sherlock's eyes. And as I already mentioned, convincing. Don't have any impression of "wishful thinking".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 8, 2014 2:37 pm  #278

Hey all,

my story Fossils (which is about Sherlock and John after they retired, set in the future) now has the first companion piece.
You can read it here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10253248/1/Sussex
or here:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1433797

Ta!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

April 9, 2014 5:51 pm  #279

Seeing is Believing....
A short tale from Anderson's POV...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10256180/1/Sometimes-Believing-IS-Seeing

(Slashy...but not gratitiously...)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 11, 2014 8:55 am  #280

SusiGo wrote:

The Baker Street scene in HLV bothered me until I tried to explain Sherlock's behaviour. And suddenly there was the idea for a fic. Here it is:

"Lifetime Performance"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1418992

I finally read it now and left a comment, just wanted to say here as well: Beautifully written, with very much emotion... and I especially love it when Sherlock ruffles John's hair.

Last edited by SolarSystem (April 11, 2014 8:55 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera