BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2012 2:05 pm  #1

greetings from Indonesia

hello everyone, nice to meet you all..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 9, 2012 2:06 pm  #2

Re: greetings from Indonesia

Nice to meet you too! Glad you could join us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 9, 2012 2:50 pm  #3

thank you..

© unreasonablyme

March 9, 2012 5:27 pm  #4

Welcome to the forum!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 9:34 pm  #5

Welcome! Hope to see you around :D and i loooove your signature by the way ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 11, 2012 2:37 am  #6

thank you very much guys

© unreasonablyme

March 14, 2012 4:05 pm  #7

Selamat datang!

Which part of Indonesia are you in? How did you find the show?

What I wouldn't give for some nasi goreng right now? - or even just to hear a motorised street vendor play their little tunes.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 14, 2012 4:25 pm  #8

Terima kasih

I came from Yogyakarta (Jogjakarta)
my friend told me about the show.. btw where are you came from M0r1arty?

:D whoaa.. you know about Nasi Goreng? have you visit Indonesia or actually you are from the same country?

© unreasonablyme

March 14, 2012 4:42 pm  #9

I currently live in Argentina theCuriousONe - however I have enjoyed living in South East Asia in the past. Pangandaran is my favourite beach on Java and Yogya my favourite city (Surabaya is a little too busy for me ;) )

Good to see Sherlock being appreciated in so many places in the world.

Please share all your thoughts on the show and feel welcome in this lovely community.

-m0r

March 14, 2012 5:05 pm  #10

Argentina? whoaa, so far away.. if you have any chance please visit Indonesia again

© unreasonablyme

March 14, 2012 5:16 pm  #11

I hope to theCuriousOne. Jalan Malioboro needs another proper visit from me.

I might have to destroy Probolinggo bus station next time though - that was my only bad experience in Indonesia.

My best experience was singing karaoke with police officers on a train to Solo.

Wonderful country!

-m0r

March 15, 2012 1:08 pm  #12

have you visit Bringharjo Market / Mirota Batik store (Jalan Malioboro) that time? :D if you didn't, next time you must.. :D
what happen at Purbolinggo bus station? *honestly I never been there*

what song did you sang with the police officers on train?

© unreasonablyme

March 15, 2012 1:35 pm  #13

Yes I saw many, many batik stores (Each with special offers on local arts and crafts - I must have been there during an unseasonilbly lucky time )

I went from Surabaya to Probolinggo early in the day (I saw Sidoarjo covered in hot mud!) and then waited 8 hours before the local mafia/bus people got around to getting a minibus together to take the tourists up to Bromo. I walked off and got a motorbike taxi (And paid him well) - People don't travel all that way to sit in a car park all day. Not nice people there - however they were the only bad people I met on all of Java.

I can't remember the song on the train, in was in Malay/Indonesian- but the Roman alphabet characters helped me get by with pronunciation.

I learned some sign language from some deaf people on Java (Doyak?) - I really can't recommend that island enough. Full of wonderful, friendly people (Who work hard).

-m0r

March 15, 2012 3:41 pm  #14

:D hehe i see

too bad you must through some bad experience back there, yeah some people can be so meanie with foreign tourist but sometimes local tourist who can't speak javanese get the same bad experience too..

I hope you are not deterrent to visit Indonesia  ...

© unreasonablyme

Board footera