BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 8:54 am  #61

Re: MEMBERS POLL: Male or Female?

Geez she's quick, I didn't even see her lurking about.
Lucky I was behaving myself, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 9:04 am  #62

Irene Adler wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Since you replied quoting (sort of) my favorite sitcom, you just made it to the list, Irene.

26 girls and only 3 boys? Didn't see that coming.

It's my all-time favorite sitcom too. I rewatched the ten seasons recently and ir doesn't matter how many times you do, it's still fresh and terribly funny.

By the way, please, please, please, can you tell me how did you change your username? I would love to get rid of the stupid hyphen I put between the two words of mine...

Actually it had nothing to do with the administrator. I just concentrated real hard and used The Force to change mine. I see you got yours changed as well, that's good. I thought I felt a disturbance in the force. That must've been you.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 16, 2012 9:05 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 16, 2012 9:45 am  #63

Dramagod wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Since you replied quoting (sort of) my favorite sitcom, you just made it to the list, Irene.

26 girls and only 3 boys? Didn't see that coming.

It's my all-time favorite sitcom too. I rewatched the ten seasons recently and ir doesn't matter how many times you do, it's still fresh and terribly funny.

By the way, please, please, please, can you tell me how did you change your username? I would love to get rid of the stupid hyphen I put between the two words of mine...

Actually it had nothing to do with the administrator. I just concentrated real hard and used The Force to change mine. I see you got yours changed as well, that's good. I thought I felt a disturbance in the force. That must've been you.

Please, my dear, don't understimate the Force...
As you can see, the Force is strong with our Boss

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 16, 2012 11:13 am  #64

Irene Adler wrote:

Dramagod wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

Please, my dear, don't understimate the Force...
As you can see, the Force is strong with our Boss

I'm sure that's what drew me to this board over other ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2012 2:58 pm  #65

kazza474 wrote:

Errrmm, "spending a penny" means going to the toilet. In older days (1800's) there were coin slots on the doors to toilet cubicles.

I think Davina was merely pointing out the other main reason why a penny might drop from between the knees.

A parlance pun if you will.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 16, 2012 3:29 pm  #66

Just read Kazza's comment again and am giggling at the in the 1800's because I can remember having to put a penny in the toilet door. I didn't realise that I was THAT old! Goodness, I am wearing well!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2012 3:32 pm  #67

So did you put down over 70 in the age poll?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 9:56 pm  #68

m0r1arty wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Errrmm, "spending a penny" means going to the toilet. In older days (1800's) there were coin slots on the doors to toilet cubicles.

I think Davina was merely pointing out the other main reason why a penny might drop from between the knees.

A parlance pun if you will.

-m0r

What a bunch of weirdos.
We only hold aspirin between our knees at such a time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 9:57 pm  #69

Davina wrote:

Just read Kazza's comment again and am giggling at the in the 1800's because I can remember having to put a penny in the toilet door. I didn't realise that I was THAT old! Goodness, I am wearing well!

Can I help it if you grew up in a slow paced society?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 10:51 pm  #70

Back to the country poll...  There's at least one member from Asia: Indonesia.  Maybe there could be regions for that continent: South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, primarily); East Asia (China, Japan, Korea, possibly Mongolia though I doubt there is or will be anytime soon a member from that wonderful country); Southeast Asia; Central Asia.

Gotta say, having lived in West Africa for a couple years and practically majoring in African Studies in college way back when, I HATE it when people just refer to the place as one big lump of a continent!  There are so many distinctive regions... 

Full disclosure: One of the subjects I teach students is world geography.  So I'm biased.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 16, 2012 11:05 pm  #71

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Back to the country poll...  There's at least one member from Asia: Indonesia.  Maybe there could be regions for that continent: South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, primarily); East Asia (China, Japan, Korea, possibly Mongolia though I doubt there is or will be anytime soon a member from that wonderful country); Southeast Asia; Central Asia.

Gotta say, having lived in West Africa for a couple years and practically majoring in African Studies in college way back when, I HATE it when people just refer to the place as one big lump of a continent!  There are so many distinctive regions... 

Full disclosure: One of the subjects I teach students is world geography.  So I'm biased.

Well I was about to say, I guess I'll make the poll as no-one else seems to be; but I won't now if there's an expert on regions of the world.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 12:03 am  #72

kazza474 wrote:

Well I was about to say, I guess I'll make the poll as no-one else seems to be; but I won't now if there's an expert on regions of the world.

That doesn't mean I'm an expert on making polls!  Go right ahead and make this one--please!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 17, 2012 4:10 am  #73

Can we please have specific countries, if possible? If people don't mind telling?
Thanks.

June 17, 2012 4:13 am  #74

We've already made it & it does have several regional choices.
If people need more diversity, they could select say, Europe & make their own poll for European members to do.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 27, 2012 12:12 am  #75

We've now got... 6 male members! Hooray!
See? They are coming. Apparently it just takes some time.

Maybe we should throw some breadcrumbs for them, like.... talk a bit more about/post more photos of the female Sherlock cast? :D

June 27, 2012 2:15 am  #76

Well, a link to The Woman's site might work. But they might not come back here.

June 27, 2012 10:22 am  #77

Do you mean breadcrumbs as in Hansel and Gretel? Be careful because the little 'birds' will eat them up. (Birds is slang for women, in case you were unsure).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 27, 2012 10:24 am  #78

I can already smell the competition.

June 27, 2012 5:44 pm  #79

Davina wrote:

Do you mean breadcrumbs as in Hansel and Gretel? Be careful because the little 'birds' will eat them up. (Birds is slang for women, in case you were unsure).

Don't put any mercury on them!

June 27, 2012 7:07 pm  #80

Hänsel and Gretel indeed ;)
Haha.

Board footera