BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2014 6:11 pm  #81

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

I'm still holding out for Star Wars!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2014 6:18 pm  #82

I'm impatient for some acting work too and keep looking for clues as to whether there are no offers, or if he's getting ready for something.
He did look like he started to bulk up, then got slim again, so I assume that was for BM before it fell through.
I think Percy Fawcett was lean and muscular, which I think is the look Benedict has now, plus he has more stubble than usual - growing a 'tache maybe?
The thing is, he's not being rumoured for any roles at the moment either, so it's all very odd.
And if the Bond Movie is filming in October, then I'd think he'd be unavailable then due to promoting TIG?
I really hope he announces he's about to start filming something soon - I do worry slightly that things have come to a halt.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 6:20 pm  #83

The Bond thing was pure speculation. You are right, he will be promoting TIG around that time. But I am getting a bit worried tbh. Some many projects that fell through. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 6:21 pm  #84

I really can't think that he'd not get offers.

I bet we'll get a big surprise thrown our way someday (Hopefully soon)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 31, 2014 6:24 pm  #85

My bet is: Z next.
Remember he still has to do his Epstein project with Paul, sometime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2014 6:25 pm  #86

Would be lovely but is this going to happen? I was looking forward to it very much but then it was not mentioned anymore. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 6:30 pm  #87

He's in an awkward spot at the moment, in my opinion.
He's a big name now but needs to prove himself a big Box Office Draw.
So he's maybe moved beyond tiny roles like August...., but hasn't quite convinced casting directors yet that he can bring in the numbers as a lead, carrying the film (remember it's profit they're interested in mainly, not ability) - I think a lot depends now on how TIG goes.
I don't think Star Wars is a go for various reasons, and as Susi says, so many of his projects fall through, the poor thing.
He could do with forming a bond with a big director who will cast him automatically in his/her Movies, as happened with the likes of Dicaprio.
I feel quite nervous for him to be honest - I really think he deserves massive success, but I don't think he's quite where he wants to be yet.

Last edited by Tinks (March 31, 2014 6:32 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 6:33 pm  #88

I am not concerned just yet for Ben. I think a lot of actors/actresses are linked with roles all the time, but where we don't worship them we don't know their activities! It's fantastic that he's getting linked to projects, and although nothing is confirmed yet I wouldn't mind betting there's news coming up.

He worked so bloody hard last year and I don't blame him for wanting do some different stuff. He's talented enough and respected enough in the industry now to know he can enjoy some diversions and return to what he does best when he is ready. And the right role comes along too. I would hate for him to take a crap job just because nothing else is there.

Plus of course, TiG is coming in the autumn and I truly believe it is going to send him into the stratosphere. I think his team knows this, and are allowing him the last few months of a relatively normal celebrity life to the one he is going to have post Oscars

I truly believe that.

I'm clueing for looks

March 31, 2014 6:36 pm  #89

March 31, 2014 6:37 pm  #90

I hope you're right Clare, and the thought that this might be his last chance to do the cons etc., did occur to me.
I'm not totally convinced by his publicists in some ways, I've got to be honest - and I'm nervous for TIG - I so hope it's massive!
I'd definitely rather him do a fewer, really good roles than take on loads of rubbish ones, too!

Last edited by Tinks (March 31, 2014 6:39 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 6:46 pm  #91

Of course. And honestly, I do not have to see him in big Hollywood stuff although this is what agents and publicists are probably aiming at. IMO he did his best work so far on stage and television where he really got the chance to play wonderful leading characters. 

March 31, 2014 6:48 pm  #92

Absolutely agree, Susi - and one thing is certain: if the Hollywood trail doesn't work out, he's guaranteed, pretty much, any stage or TV role he wants, I should think

Last edited by Tinks (March 31, 2014 6:48 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 31, 2014 6:48 pm  #93

Yes, of that I am sure. 

March 31, 2014 7:56 pm  #94

Tinks wrote:

and I'm nervous for TIG - I so hope it's massive!

Same here. I'm sure it will be a wonderful movie with a wonderful Ben who will do some wonderful, amazing acting. BUT I'm not sure it will reach a huge audience. It's definitely not very mainstream, I doubt it will be a huge success at the box office, to be honest. So I guess it all will come down to the question if it will still be big enough to be recognized for the Oscar's, one way or another. Of course we can't say anything about it yet because we haven't even seen a teaser trailer yet, but I really hope it will be far more successful than TFE... both films deal with a very special topic which might not appeal to a huge audience...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 31, 2014 9:01 pm  #95

A teaser for TIG would be lovely.

And although I understand the apeal it has for a lot of people I have zero desire for him to be Bond.  A fabulous Bond villian maybe but not 007 himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 31, 2014 9:05 pm  #96

Neither do I. He might play the villain. But, honestly, I am not that keen to see him in another franchise at all, be it Star Wars or Bond. STID was great but I want to see him in films in which he plays the lead so I do not have to wait endlessly for the few scenes in which he is present. 

March 31, 2014 9:14 pm  #97

I know what you mean Susi. That's why I was so disappointed to hear Blood Mountain had gone kaput. Though LCoZ will be all about Ben (with a little Rob Pattinson thrown in for extra funsies), so we have that to look forward to as well.

One thing is for absolutely certain. Benedict Cumberbatch is here to stay. He isn't going any way except up. The speed with which he rises is the only variable here

I'm clueing for looks

March 31, 2014 9:15 pm  #98

clareiow wrote:

One thing is for absolutely certain. Benedict Cumberbatch is here to stay. He isn't going any way except up. The speed with which he rises is the only variable here

^This!

I am just going to enjoy the ride!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 1, 2014 4:37 am  #99

tonnaree wrote:

And although I understand the apeal it has for a lot of people I have zero desire for him to be Bond.  A fabulous Bond villian maybe but not 007 himself.

I agreee. Since Daniel Craig took over, we've had two very, very good villains, and I have to admit I'd love to see Benedict as the next one.
But I also agree with Susi, it's getting a bit unsatisfying to see him in supporting roles, even if those roles are good ones and he plays them as brilliant as ever. But he is a leading man, so I want to see him play leading men. And I don't care if it's on the big screen or in a BBC mini series, it just has to be good and there should be a lot of Benedict in it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 1, 2014 6:37 am  #100

Amen to that. 

Board footera