BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2014 7:16 am  #281

Re: The Sign of Three Picture Thread

I know, Solar, I know. 

What about the stairs that sailed a thousand ships? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 7:25 am  #282

Turn over, John, just a little bit... and you can just give Sherlock a soft kiss onto his curls...
God, how can a Consulting Detective have such a sexy profile..?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 31, 2014 7:31 am  #283

What do you think caused his international reputation? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 7:37 am  #284

Hm, good point. And I always thought that had to do with the fact that he is so... uhm... clever and intelligent. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 31, 2014 7:41 am  #285

Well, yes, of course. But coming back to the profile:

March 31, 2014 7:44 am  #286

Maaahh, Susi, what's wrong with you today? You wanna kill people on a Monday morning...??

Btw, somebody loves him, right?

March 31, 2014 7:51 am  #287

Shall I delete it? 

I love those wedding pics that look like it was them who … *sigh*

March 31, 2014 7:56 am  #288

Nooooo, don't you dare...! The damage is done anayway, so...

And there are so many of those wedding pics that look like it was them who...

March 31, 2014 6:14 pm  #289

I know, I know!  Every time I see a pic from those scenes, I melt.      And love the others.  Just wanted to share a bit of TSoT image love… and Archie, too.  That kid was awesome.    Here… something a bit happier with all of those boys I love… 

Also… huh… when I was looking for that awesome shot, I came across another capture of someone's… the neat slow-mo moment… but what have we here?  More fascinating attention to detail, and/or a amusing, subtle comment to Sherlock's state, on his wrist?       

(also, also, Solar's pic with that particular shot of the background again totally reminded me of another interesting fan commentary, about the magpies:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/78813062203320369/  a running theme?)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 1, 2014 11:52 am  #290

Weren't we supposed to believe that Sherlock doesn't wear cufflinks? Or ties?

April 1, 2014 12:17 pm  #291

I think he made an exception for John's wedding. And of course it might be a sign of how much he is out his depth and how far he is willing to go to make John happy. 

April 1, 2014 12:29 pm  #292

That is such a beautiful picture btw; how the light catches the glass... and Ben's hand. 

I think the cuff link was for the sake of John somehow too; all part of the 'Wedding gear'. or battle armour. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 1, 2014 12:29 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 1, 2014 9:32 pm  #293

Okay, that was kind of intriguingly amusing.     Here's several of you commenting on the gorgeous shot and light (agreed!  love that slow-mo bit), and in reference to something different about his wrist, point out the cufflink.  Whereas I was puzzledly wondering over (observing! ;D) the little brown patch.  Definitely not the edge of a watch or something.  Could be a band-aid, but can't help but wonder what they're hinting at…. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 1, 2014 9:37 pm  #294

Nicotine patch? 

April 1, 2014 10:10 pm  #295

Exactly.

April 2, 2014 5:00 am  #296

SusiGo wrote:

I think he made an exception for John's wedding. And of course it might be a sign of how much he is out his depth and how far he is willing to go to make John happy. 

And also, I would assume that John is wearing cuff links, too, and since the boys wear exactly the same clothes that day... 

April 2, 2014 6:42 am  #297

Just watched the last 2 pages. Sad and heartwarming. Not only the pictures also your comments ... My goodness ... 

Last edited by gently69 (April 2, 2014 6:43 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 10, 2014 9:07 am  #298

I really like this scene where Sherlock can't believe that he is supposed to be John's best friend. As if he thinks "Is he actually talking to me?" When it comes to deductions he has to choose between possible interpretations or likely scenarios. Here he is totally convinced that he mentions John's possible choices of best man in the correct order of probability. I like it that John is not angry or calls him ignorant.

April 10, 2014 9:08 am  #299

It is a wonderful scene. Both their reactions are believable and heart-warming und very much in character.

April 10, 2014 9:15 am  #300

One of my best of scenes I watched yesterday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera