BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2014 9:09 pm  #61

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

I agree with him on the single sex schools bit! I went to one, too and as a result was quite shy around boys - my first serious relationship was with someone, frankly not very nice, because I didn't think I could do better - and even now I'm older and settled, I can still feel very shy around Men that I don't know very well
I've got to be really honest and say that I absolutely hate the idea of boarding schools, too - thankfully I never went to one of those!
Bless his heart - I so hope he finds someone really lovely - or already has!!

Last edited by Tinks (March 29, 2014 9:10 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 29, 2014 9:13 pm  #62

Quite so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 29, 2014 10:43 pm  #63

SusiGo wrote:

Well, he does not have the reputation of a ladykiller in real life, does he?

Maybe not ladykiller as such but that bugger sure has made a lot of ovaries burst into flames.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 29, 2014 10:59 pm  #64

SusiGo wrote:

Well, he does not have the reputation of a ladykiller in real life, does he?

No.  But he sure does kill us everyday.     

The touch of shyness just makes us love him more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 29, 2014 11:23 pm  #65

It's that humility, that bashfulness, that slight uncertainty that ive fallen for.

He's so self-deprecating, and not vain in the slightest, hence his ease with goofing around.

I'm sure he has faults but I'm struggling to find them....

I'm clueing for looks

March 30, 2014 7:06 am  #66

The latest things that have attracted me more to Benedict are things I've read/seen in
inteviews/speeches.
I love that he's so close to his family.
I love the fact that he admits he contradicts himself in interviews all the time...as I certainly notice him doing that!
The fact too that he seemed to hint he knows he sometines hasn't always been nice to people!
His only obvious fault to me is the smoking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2014 2:19 pm  #67

besleybean wrote:

The latest things that have attracted me more to Benedict are things I've read/seen in
inteviews/speeches.
I love the fact that he admits he contradicts himself in interviews all the time...as I certainly notice him doing that!
The fact too that he seemed to hint he knows he sometines hasn't always been nice to people!

His parents obviously raised him right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 30, 2014 10:14 pm  #68

I love the fact that even though he was raised *as some might say* with a silver spoon ie boarding school, famous parents, etc.

He is so down to earth and a huge goofball.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 31, 2014 3:01 am  #69

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Good idea!

And so do I, and I might even get to see it over here... the media is a bit excited about Magnussen's debut! 

What are you referring to as Magnussen's debut? The first thing I thought of was something about Rupert Murdoch...

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (March 31, 2014 3:01 am)

March 31, 2014 5:42 am  #70

There's a Danish f1 racer called Magnussen. Nice tie in eh?

I'm clueing for looks

March 31, 2014 6:21 am  #71

besleybean wrote:

inteviews/speeches.

I love seeing his parents, they make me smile every time, they seem so lovely! I love that his background (family, friends) seems all nice and down to earth, and yes, he obviously had a really good upbringing I like that too.
I also like that he is quite self-conscious at times, meaning he is quite aware of his own faults and actually admits to them.

I don't mind the smoking too much to be honest. As long as someone isn't a chain smoker I'm not really bothered.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

March 31, 2014 6:26 am  #72

I just worry about his health and the thought of legions of sobbing fans at his eatly demise.
Silly boy.

March 31, 2014 7:29 am  #73

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Good idea!

And so do I, and I might even get to see it over here... the media is a bit excited about Magnussen's debut! 

What are you referring to as Magnussen's debut? The first thing I thought of was something about Rupert Murdoch...

Yup! Like Clare already said I was talking about a Danish F1 racer called Kevin Magnussen... which is a bit funny! 

The Danish media has really let me down though... they even showed footage of the podium, and guess what? Our Ben was not even in it! Has he done something against Denmark I'm not aware of??

... And I just love about that he knows how to behave right, how to stand correctly, what to say and yet sometimes he's just a goofball!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 31, 2014 5:36 pm  #74

Just read the BA interview and wondered when this was written. They mention Benedict being slim but trying to bulk up for Blood Mountain. I thought this film was definitely not going to happen.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 5:46 pm  #75

Me too!
Well he was in Finland earlier this year...
He is very skinny now!

March 31, 2014 5:46 pm  #76

Yeah that jumped out to me too Susi! The interview was in February before elementary. He said it wasn't happening at the cabin pressure thing, small timeframes eh?

I wonder....

I'm clueing for looks

March 31, 2014 5:54 pm  #77

Yes, he looks quite slim at the moment. I suppose BM is definitely not going to happen and the information somehow got mixed up. 
I wonder when we will get some information about his next ACTING plans (apart from F1, awards and cons). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 6:02 pm  #78

It's funny I don't think he looks slim, i do think he looks lean. As in he's not got a lot of body fat on him, it's all muscle.....

But what for I wonder??

I'm clueing for looks

March 31, 2014 6:05 pm  #79

I assumed Lost City of Z.
Apaert from Sesame Streeet, voice work and ads...
He hasn't done any proper acting for months!

March 31, 2014 6:08 pm  #80

Well, crawling around in the Amazon you do not get very bulky. So it might be this. But there is so little information about his plans. And about why Hamlet got postponed. When I read that the next Bond will start filming in October I got some ideas …

Board footera