BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2014 2:17 pm  #1

So it's true.....

This tweet just posted..

@Cholesteroldoc: “@HalimaAboudou: Moffat confirmed today in Paris there'll be no #Sherlock before 2016.” So it's true. Dammit.

I'm clueing for looks

March 28, 2014 2:43 pm  #2

Re: So it's true.....

Oh no! I wonder if they do this on purpose to build up the suspense? I find it so hard to believe they couldn't find room in the Actors' schedules before that!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 28, 2014 6:21 pm  #3

It's not just the actor's schedules, it's everyone's. The writers need time to write the scripts before they can start preproduction. A LOT of work needs to happen before filming can start

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 29, 2014 4:41 pm  #4

*Sigh* This is going to be such a loooong wait! I hope it's going to be awesome when it returns though! 

What am I saying? Of course it will!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2014 5:06 pm  #5

Well, I never believed in Christmas 2014 anyway. I hope at least the new season's premiere will be on 1st January.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 29, 2014 5:26 pm  #6

Yes, I like starting the New Year with Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 29, 2014 6:01 pm  #7

Ew. Somehow I'm not surprised, but noo, I prefer a release during summer. 
In January, I've always my exams... I'm always divided between "shit, I need to work" and "it's SHERLOCK! I need to watch it. NOW."

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

March 29, 2014 6:44 pm  #8

Couldn't they just give us a one off Christmas special or something.

March 29, 2014 6:50 pm  #9

I thought that was discussed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 29, 2014 6:52 pm  #10

besleybean wrote:

I thought that was discussed...

A Christmas special? Discussed here on the board? Or discussed by Mark and Stephen?

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (March 29, 2014 6:53 pm)

March 29, 2014 7:07 pm  #11

The latter, I thought,but maybe I'm imagining this.

March 29, 2014 9:06 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

The latter, I thought,but maybe I'm imagining this.

No, it does ring a bell for me too. Let's hope so.

March 29, 2014 10:15 pm  #13

nooooooo
I hope he was lying...

Last edited by zeratul (March 29, 2014 10:16 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 29, 2014 10:26 pm  #14

Sorry, but I think it might be realistic. There are no signs of series 4 being filmed this year (strictly speaking there is no confirmation for series 4 at all). Next year Benedict will be busy from June to the end of October with Hamlet. They might do it in the preceding months. Add post-production and they would be ready for Christmas/New Year/January 2016. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 29, 2014 10:27 pm  #15

I think the team have said series 4&5 have been confirmed.

March 29, 2014 10:33 pm  #16

Steven and Mark said they had planned 4 and 5 on a rainy day. I am sure BBC will commission them but as far as I know there has been no official confirmation. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2014 9:11 am  #17

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 31, 2014 9:19 am  #18

Why don't they film 6 episodes in a row, then show the first 3 as a series, the next ones a year later while they start filming the next ones... 
I mean they knew there will be a next series... why do they let us wait that long?

TWO YEARS, TWOOO YEARS (to quote John Watson...)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 31, 2014 9:31 am  #19

I suppose they would not be able to bind the principal actors for a period of six months. That is a very long time for keeping a team together. Moreover, though I am not happy with waiting for so long I really like to see how the actors change from one series to the other. You can literally see what those two years have done to Sherlock and John. (of course you can dye hair and make wrinkles using make-up but the real thing is quite nice). 
Of course there is the danger of people losing interest but on the other hand the long wait is part of the show's appeal. 

March 31, 2014 9:36 am  #20

They just like to drive us crazy with that endless waiting:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera