BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2012 10:43 am  #21

Re: Hullo from Virginia

Oh, but you don't. I tried a limerick some days ago, but what is a limerick compared to an Ode? I'm looking forward to it  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 11:01 am  #22

What a good idea. I can feel another thread in the Sherlock Games section coming on...it can join its acrostic buddy. Catch Benedict reading 'Ode to a Nightingale' too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 7:13 pm  #23

*thinks about that and dies*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

June 26, 2012 8:23 pm  #24

Hi, BBE!  I'm on the other side of the country, but right with you in your fascination (obsession?) with Sherlock! 

Didn't Shlock use an American accent to the CIA guy as he was boarding the 007 plane?  It was just a quick question.

June 26, 2012 8:43 pm  #25

BBE - I think we are kindred spirits. Well, most of us are on this forum, aren't we?
The purple shirt, sigh. Really, any of his fitted clothes, including the coat. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
TS Elliott -- too cute. Thanks.

Davina -BC reading Ode to a Nightingale Honestly, I haven't been able to listen to it all the way through yet because I think I'm going to melt every time. What an exquisite way to go. The Wicked Witch of the West wouldn't have complained so much about melting if it had been done that way.

Maren - Yup. I think he says something like "How ya feelin'?"

Susi - Do you mean the seduce/deduce challenge poem? Well done.

I do think this discussion could move onto the Benedict Cumberbatch forum/topic. It's what I call the "swoon" thread. And I'm a happy swooner.

June 26, 2012 8:56 pm  #26

It's a metamorphosis from a little caterpillar of an introduction into a beautiful butterfly. (I like Eric Carle's stories by the way!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2012 9:20 pm  #27

Veecee - yes, that was the one.

I wish you a swooning good night  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2012 9:33 pm  #28

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

... And the one from in Kitty's flat, where he's getting more and more excited by Moriarty's  acting and he kind of.. sniffs the air..

That's one of my favourites too! Great facial expression (and somehow sexy btw, but that's off topic)!

Welcome, BrightBlueEyes  !

June 26, 2012 9:49 pm  #29

veecee wrote:

BBE - I think we are kindred spirits. Well, most of us are on this forum, aren't we?
The purple shirt, sigh. Really, any of his fitted clothes, including the coat. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
TS Elliott -- too cute. Thanks.

Davina -BC reading Ode to a Nightingale Honestly, I haven't been able to listen to it all the way through yet because I think I'm going to melt every time. What an exquisite way to go. The Wicked Witch of the West wouldn't have complained so much about melting if it had been done that way.

Maren - Yup. I think he says something like "How ya feelin'?"

Susi - Do you mean the seduce/deduce challenge poem? Well done.

I do think this discussion could move onto the Benedict Cumberbatch forum/topic. It's what I call the "swoon" thread. And I'm a happy swooner.

Hold on...before we move anywhere.... there is actual recordings of him reading Ode to a Nightingale?!!!! Point and I shall follow you anywhere to an almost obsessive stalker level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 26, 2012 9:50 pm  #30

Maren wrote:

Hi, BBE!  I'm on the other side of the country, but right with you in your fascination (obsession?) with Sherlock! 

Didn't Shlock use an American accent to the CIA guy as he was boarding the 007 plane?  It was just a quick question.

I don't remember him doing so. Hmmm

June 26, 2012 11:59 pm  #31

Welcome = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 26, 2012 11:59 pm  #32

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Maren wrote:

It's quick, but it's there.

Here's the link to Nightingale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdphtMWjies

You've been warned. Oh, it's playing in the background while I'm typing, and I can hardly keep it together.

Last edited by veecee (June 27, 2012 12:00 am)

June 27, 2012 9:22 am  #33

Haha good observations about Benedict's odd facial movements...I love the way your introductary post has turned into a Cumberbatch appreciation thread....

Welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 2:32 pm  #34

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Haha good observations about Benedict's odd facial movements...I love the way your introductary post has turned into a Cumberbatch appreciation thread....

Well, I think, many of us are just too "cumberbatched" - we simply can't hide

(even though I have to say that's definitely not the only reason why I watch Sherlock....but, erm... one of them )

Last edited by carrot (June 27, 2012 2:35 pm)

June 27, 2012 11:50 pm  #35

veecee wrote:

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Maren wrote:

It's quick, but it's there.

Here's the link to Nightingale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdphtMWjies

You've been warned. Oh, it's playing in the background while I'm typing, and I can hardly keep it together.

Oh yes veecee...I went and *ahem* did my research. I then listened to it again, and again, and again...
And may I just say, I thought him reading Cassanova for 5 hours was lethal. *grabs shock blanket and O2 mask and hits repeat*

June 27, 2012 11:56 pm  #36

Oh yeeaaahhhh there it is! When he asks "How ya feelin"

Maybe it's just because it's a short sentence, but it sounds like he's been practicing his american ;)

June 28, 2012 12:06 am  #37

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Welcome! 

Thanks!

By all means, continue the Cumberlovin'. (No, I didn't type that with a straight face)

June 28, 2012 4:45 am  #38

That Ode to a Nightingale should be illegal.
Somebody who put it to Mahler's 5th Adagietto... It's almost too much. I worship Mahler.  And BC's voice is heaven. What a talent. One really can hear he came from the BEST kind of theatrical actor.

June 28, 2012 8:16 am  #39

Welcome to the community, Michelle! I hope you are having as much fun as I am. (I am pretty new to the board myself, but I really love it here).
I have family in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.

June 28, 2012 11:31 am  #40

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Thanks!

By all means, continue the Cumberlovin'. (No, I didn't type that with a straight face)

Dear BrightBlueEyes, I really lovelovelove your avatar  !!

Board footera