BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2014 1:29 am  #1

Hello from Nashville!

Very new to the fandom but better late than never! I'm completely smitten with this show. I've been a huge Potterhead for years and am slowly branching into Doctor Who as well (when I can find time to catch up on the seasons past!). Looking forward to chatting with others who are as obsessed as me.

(Any other Tennesseans here?)

March 29, 2014 4:42 am  #2

Re: Hello from Nashville!

Hiya and Welcome!
Yay for a fellow Potterhead!

March 29, 2014 6:51 am  #3

Welcome to the forum! 

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 29, 2014 4:07 pm  #4

Welcome! I'm a big fan of Harry Potter, I grew up with the books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 29, 2014 4:27 pm  #5

Hello & welcome.

I love Harry Potter but havent got round to Doctor Who yet.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 29, 2014 6:36 pm  #6

Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll have lots of fun here!!

And good luck with Doctor Who, I'm a bit of a Whovian myself! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2014 11:00 pm  #7

Welcome here, enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 30, 2014 11:59 am  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum. Harry Potter, Dr Who and now Sherlock. Anglicised yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2014 1:25 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum. Harry Potter, Dr Who and now Sherlock. Anglicised yet?

Ha! I've been consciously saying "bloody" instead of the f-bomb as an attempt to weaken my sailor mouth. Does that count at all? And I'm down right determined to make my way across the pond to see it all for myself in the next couple of years, whether I'm going alone or not!

And thanks for all of the welcomes.

March 31, 2014 9:07 pm  #10

Bloody doesn't really count much as a swear word over here so you'd certainly be fine with that, yeah! It's allowed on the BBC so it can't be that bad.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I've been to Nashville, it's a cool place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 11, 2014 4:42 am  #11

I also love HP and Dr. Who.
I have a cousin in Nashville. Does that count?

@>--,--`--,-------
"She wrapped herself in an enigma. It was the only way to keep warm." - Karen Elizabeth Gordon

April 11, 2014 8:22 pm  #12

I love your Avatar Chiennoir.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2014 2:31 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

I love your Avatar Chiennoir.

Thanks. I have greyhounds, and I love Celtic art.

@>--,--`--,-------
"She wrapped herself in an enigma. It was the only way to keep warm." - Karen Elizabeth Gordon

Board footera