BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2014 7:01 pm  #1

British Airways in flight

Well, if you have to spend 11 hours on a plane, then I can recommend BA: I watched all 3 episodes of Season 3 of Sherlock, 12 years a Slave, The Desolation of Smaug, and, just for a change, Thor 2, which I would probably have understood better if I'd seen Thor 1.

Ok, time to get on the ship; my best wishes to all 

March 19, 2014 7:11 pm  #2

Re: British Airways in flight

Have a great trip, Willow. You had an amazing start. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 7:23 pm  #3

Have fun Willow

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 27, 2014 11:25 pm  #4

Thank you! Well, I'm having lots of fun; thrilled to see that Benedict's Hamlet will be at the Barbican. I live there

Sadly, all the tickets may be sold out by the time I get back

Best wishes to all!

March 28, 2014 7:21 am  #5

Yep, you would have understood Thor 2 better if you had seen Thor. However, you could just watch Tom (Loki)!  . 12 Years on a plane...hmmm interesting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2014 7:37 am  #6

I went to Toronto via Heathrow last year with BA.
The first flight was quite good, the back flight was just horrible.
First the boarding took ages, especially because there were so many people with children and they didn't follow the advices of the personell. Second after we boarded late, we stood on the field for ages because there was something about the engine they had to fix and they put all the heat onto the passenger room, which was horrible... then we had to wait for departure allowence...
I tried to watch some telly but the pilot was blocking it all the time by talking and later he rebooted the whole system because it wasn't working for some people, so I was just annoyed and stopped watching anything.
And then finally the plane was going almost 1000km/h to reach London in time for the connection flight... it was so freaking shaky, I could not sleep at all - it was a night flight...
And the passengers in front of me had their seats wide back, so I could barely eat my food and the ones behind me had the light on all the time but they were wearing sleep masks...
Well ok about the latter ones it was not BA's fault of course...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 30, 2014 12:14 pm  #7

Sometimes, depending what needs fixing on the plane, the air conditioning cannot be run for the cabin. I have experienced the same thing, everyone was peeling off clothing! 
Unfortunately, if there is a problem with the aircraft the original flight slot will be lost and then they have to wait for another slot. W have also had flights where the entertainment system has been on the blink and they have had to reboot the entire thing. Next time if folks behind you have sleep masks on but also have their light on, buss the stewards and ask them to switch the lights off. It is always better when people with small kids board first but this can take a bit of time. Flights without any system of boarding (like the one we just had back from Italy) are worse and oftentimes take even long to load!
Compared with the appalling experience we had with BA a couple of years back, also going to Canada (Vancouver), yours sounds a doddle. But that is another story for another day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera