BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2014 6:34 pm  #161

Re: Hamlet

I reckon the really good seats may be even more expensive to be honest - tickets are so expensive these days - I have to see it though!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 26, 2014 6:42 pm  #162

No hope for cheap seats at the back? I know they do that here. Sometimes they are even less than movie tickets. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 26, 2014 7:28 pm  #163

They are at the NT, dunno about The Barbican.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 26, 2014 8:08 pm  #164

Well, with flight, hotel and everything.. I better start saving now .

But I haven´t been away for.. ages, I can´t even remember my last time abroad, so I totally deserve this ^^. My family is informed, a friend already agreed to come with me and I´m totally going to get the best tickets I can afford. Twice. Teehee.. oh, this is going to be great!! 

Maybe I can even meet some of you guys there..

March 26, 2014 9:25 pm  #165

Ah we need to try and agree dates before they release the tickets so when they do come out, we can all go for the same dates.

And we need to have two or three reserve dates....that way if we can't ALL meet at the same time, we can meet in groups ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 26, 2014 9:31 pm  #166

I definitely like the sound of meeting up as a group!

I really do hope I get the chance to go, however, I have already been threatened by Clare. 

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 26, 2014 11:04 pm  #167

Threatened?? Challenged more like!

If tickets are £100, maybe we could all commit to a payment plan, if we put £10 a month away that's more than enough? That's what I'm gonna do! I may even try to ferret away more so I can go twice! ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 26, 2014 11:07 pm  #168

I sent the article to my Mum with the comment that I wanted to go to London in 2015 and she said "Okay, let's go".

So now we're planning to go all the way to London just so I can see BC in Hamlet! Love my Mum!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 27, 2014 2:31 am  #169

very exciting,   we love your Mum too!   and thanks for forwarding the Guardian link, Susi-   love the link to the photos of BC's past stage performances.

I'm so looking forward to 2015.  I will also be saving up,  and I will be there!

March 27, 2014 6:23 am  #170

Wow wholocked! That's amazing, hope we get to meet you and mum! X

I'm clueing for looks

March 27, 2014 9:26 pm  #171

I am not sure if its mentioned already but look at this
The dates have been announced!Hamletdirected by Lyndsey Turner
starring Benedict Cumberbatch=1.33em5 August–31 October 2015 
 Tickets:to be confirmed

Exact dates: to be confirmed

Tickets are not yet on sale. Booking dates and further information will be announced in May 2014.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/hamlet/

The Game Is On_

March 28, 2014 7:54 am  #172

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2014 7:59 am  #173

Love that!
Gosh, I feel so impatient to see him act again!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 28, 2014 10:05 am  #174

Perfection right there!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2014 11:42 pm  #175

I'm gonna try and go more than once. I love Shakespeare, I love Hamlet...and this is just even better now. We should definitely all meet up for one of the performances, but when the tickets come out I reckon they'll sell pretty quickly...we should get in there fast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 29, 2014 11:45 pm  #176

I looked up the membership fees. Not cheap but do you think it would help in getting tickets? They say something about priority booking on the website.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 30, 2014 12:00 am  #177

Membership fees? To be a member of what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 30, 2014 3:16 am  #178

I definitely think it would be worth membership fees (to the Barbican theatre).
Their website indicated that the 'orange' level membership (40 pounds/year)
lists 'priority booking' as one of the membership benefits.

They may be selling Hamlet tickets as part of a subscription series of plays for
the season,  or they may allow for picking which shows,  but in any case,  a
membership pretty much guarantees tickets if they work the way
most theatre subscription/memberships work.

March 30, 2014 6:10 am  #179

Another crazy thing to do ... because of Benedict. *shakes her head*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 30, 2014 6:43 am  #180

I'm seriously considering membership - I'll make up my mind in the next couple if weeks.
It's a fairly long run though, in quite a big Theatre - difficult to work out whether the tickets will sell out quickly or not on this one.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera