BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2014 7:53 am  #1

What did 'Rat. Wedding. Bow' actually mean?

now that the new series has been out for a while, i find myself thinking back to the original teasers we were given. Three words, Rat, Wedding and Bow.
So what parts of the series were they referring to?

I realise the last two are obvious but im stuck on Rat. Also the last two may have deeper meanings so really just throw your thoughts out.

"and now it's time for one last bow. Like all your other selves."

March 27, 2014 8:22 am  #2

Re: What did 'Rat. Wedding. Bow' actually mean?

In TEH Sherlock says: "There are certain people – they are markers. If they start to move, I’ll know something’s up – like rats deserting a sinking ship." These rats are mentioned several times, Lord Moran being the Big Rat Number One. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2014 8:59 am  #3

In any case I found these teasers less  inspired (and inspiring) than the season 2 ones.

March 27, 2014 5:22 pm  #4

Of the stories mentions "The big rat of Sumatra" And the Underground station in TEH is called Sumatra Road. So Moran who tries to blow it up is actually the rat of sumatra. 

Board footera