BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2014 5:28 pm  #61

Re: Second, Third, Fourth, Etc. Reactions

I think we should all have that on our gravestones!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 22, 2014 5:28 pm  #62

Well.......Susi had a nice theory reg. that scene.
John was kidnapped by CAM right in front of 221B - and apparently Mary was the only one who knew he would go there...........

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 22, 2014 5:35 pm  #63

Yes, that was me. And what struck me as well - Mary might be the only one who knew that Sherlock was interested in CAM. Suppose John told her after his visit to Baker Stree that Sherlock went on and on about CAM. And she got worried Sherlock might find out something about her and went there the same day to recover the things he had against her. That might explain the "coincidence" of her going there on the same evening John and Sherlock came to the office. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 22, 2014 5:38 pm  #64

Interesting, but Mary might have told Cath (if that is actually a person she saw)  or somebody could have followed John.
How knew CAM anyway? Wasn't it still a secret that Sherlock was alive?

February 22, 2014 5:39 pm  #65

Well it's not now!  Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 22, 2014 5:41 pm  #66

I thought so, too. CAM might just have followed John. But then.... why exactly there? And, yes, why if he thought Sherlock was dead?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 22, 2014 5:44 pm  #67

For me it was just a logical train of thought: Mary has no idea Sherlock is interested in CAM. Then she learns about this from John and fears that Sherlock/her husband may somehow learn of her past during the investigation. She goes there at once to avoid this not knowing that Sherlock and John will be there as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 22, 2014 6:05 pm  #68

It doesn't make sense for me that Mary should not at least trust Sherlock to help her and rather risk meeting CAM alone while being pregnant.
The question remains: Who told CAM that Sherlock was alive? Or are we meant to believe that CAM has his fingers in a lot of pies and simply knows it. Like we are meant to believe that Mycroft knows everything?

February 23, 2014 8:42 am  #69

When John was kidnapped in front of 221B it was already public that Sherlock was alive. It was in the news, Sherlock already had new clients and the polive had called him in to help.
Sherlock didnt know CAM was behind the kidnap, maybe Mary realised it. Could have been just enough time for her to befriend Janine before the wedding and make her a bridesmaid. 

Last edited by 1895 (February 23, 2014 8:42 am)

February 23, 2014 2:56 pm  #70

1895 wrote:

When John was kidnapped in front of 221B it was already public that Sherlock was alive.. 

You are right. We can't charge Mary with that one seemingly.

March 11, 2014 8:49 am  #71

After having seen it several times I think I know what I missed the most and expected to see: A text message via phone where Sherlock tells John a longer version of "not dead". I got the strong impression that it was suggested that way. I imagined it anyway. One would think that Sherlock could find John's new phone number in Mycroft's files.
But that's the thing with imagination and reality.

March 16, 2014 2:30 am  #72

besleybean wrote:

Well it's not now!  Tee Hee.

Hahahahahah - Did you see Benedict corpsed Martin in that scene? John/Martin is laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

March 22, 2014 1:33 am  #73

Be wrote:

It doesn't make sense for me that Mary should not at least trust Sherlock to help her and rather risk meeting CAM alone while being pregnant.
?

This point was a big one for me, too: if Mary wanted to protect herself from CAM, helping Sherlock, or at least NOT putting him out of action would have served that cause better. Not to mention that she made herself more "bad" and gave her husband a much stronger potential reason for hating her (shooting his best friend as opposed to people in the past, whom he doesn't know and who might have been as bad as CAM.)

March 22, 2014 8:28 am  #74

(Johnlock and Mary, the only subjects that pervade ALL threads!  Tee Hee)
Well I just wanted to say I actually rewatched this last night...and it's more enjoyable, each time you see it.

Board footera