BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2014 11:43 am  #21

Re: the opening scene

tonnaree wrote:

Episode 1 of Series 4 opens with John having nighmares again.  This time they are about Mary.  Moments flood his mind. Finding out she's lied to him, is not who he thought she was.  Seeing Sherlock on the ground pale and bleeding.  John tosses and turns, moaning in his sleep.  Suddenly he wakes with a start, trembling and breathing hard.  His eyes race desperately around the room trying to ground himself in reality.

Then, his eyes come to rest on Sherlock lying in the bed beside him.  Sherlock is up on one elbow, gazing at him with deep concern as he reaches out to stroke John's shoulder.  John lets out one last great sigh of relief before takikng Sherlock in his arms, taking comfort in his solid warmth.

(ok.  Sorry. I'll just go back to my corner now and read some more fan fiction. )

LOL!!!

March 20, 2014 11:45 am  #22

tonnaree, I'm begging you: continue! I wanna read more!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 20, 2014 11:46 am  #23

Wonderful, tonnaree. I can see it before me. Go on, please. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2014 12:01 pm  #24

*giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 20, 2014 12:25 pm  #25

*shouts*Did you hear that, mofftiss???
Did you bloody hear that??? 😁

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 20, 2014 12:41 pm  #26

Your version is the best, tonaree!!  Now I will be terribly disappointed with any other thing taking place at the beginning of S4.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 20, 2014 1:18 pm  #27

"Mary"?  Sherlock asks as he sooths delicate lines up and down John's spine.  "Mary"  John confirms, dipping his head to nuzzle into Sherlock's neck.  "It's always the same.  Just like it's happening all over again." he continues.  "Only in my dream you don't come back after your heart stops.  You leave me again and this time there won't be any miracles."  Sherlock can feel a tear come to rest on his skin as John finishes speaking. He wraps long arms around John's torso, pulling him tight against him and buring his face in Johns soft pale hair.  "A dream is all it is John.  This is our reality now."  And with that he rolls John over on his back and captures his mouth, trying to convy with touch the tuth of his words.....................fade scene............................and then the rest of the season will be told in flashback showing exactly how they ended up in that bed together. 

Last edited by tonnaree (March 20, 2014 1:28 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 20, 2014 1:22 pm  #28

Oh god, yesss!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 20, 2014 1:27 pm  #29

Mwhahahaha! One could actually argue that this would be a tiny bit soapy as well... But with those two...😁

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 21, 2014 8:20 am  #30

tonnaree wrote:

"Mary"?  Sherlock asks as he sooths delicate lines up and down John's spine.  "Mary"  John confirms, dipping his head to nuzzle into Sherlock's neck.  "It's always the same.  Just like it's happening all over again." he continues.  "Only in my dream you don't come back after your heart stops.  You leave me again and this time there won't be any miracles."  Sherlock can feel a tear come to rest on his skin as John finishes speaking. He wraps long arms around John's torso, pulling him tight against him and buring his face in Johns soft pale hair.  "A dream is all it is John.  This is our reality now."  And with that he rolls John over on his back and captures his mouth, trying to convy with touch the tuth of his words.....................fade scene............................and then the rest of the season will be told in flashback showing exactly how they ended up in that bed together. 

Love it! Dunno why, it makes me think about the Norwegian parody of Sherlock haha

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

March 26, 2014 3:21 pm  #31

tonnaree wrote:

"Mary"?  Sherlock asks as he sooths delicate lines up and down John's spine.  "Mary"  John confirms, dipping his head to nuzzle into Sherlock's neck.  "It's always the same.  Just like it's happening all over again." he continues.  "Only in my dream you don't come back after your heart stops.  You leave me again and this time there won't be any miracles."  Sherlock can feel a tear come to rest on his skin as John finishes speaking. He wraps long arms around John's torso, pulling him tight against him and buring his face in Johns soft pale hair.  "A dream is all it is John.  This is our reality now."  And with that he rolls John over on his back and captures his mouth, trying to convy with touch the tuth of his words.....................fade scene............................

...............scene fades in with Sherlock reaching for his violin to serenade John. "Morning violin in bed. Now that's clever!" says John. With his arm around John, Sherlock starts off on a slow note stroking the strings as John, all cuddled up in between, starts stroking Sherlock's chest. All was well in the world of love and romance.................until!...................the slooooooow squeeky creaking sounds of the bedroom door slowly opening, caused a 3 second silence. A tall shadow falls across the floor as the coitus-interuptus intruder slowly steps in. Not wanting to sever his "moment" with John, Sherlock slowly turns his head toward the footsteps, John and his fiddle in one hand and violin in the other. "Most people knock....but then again, you're not most people." Sherlock continues on his violin, as Moriarty jumps in the room and starts dancing!!!!! 

I will NEVER fire a gun IN my mouth when I'm planning on Stayin Alive! 

The clue that everyone missed?

March 28, 2014 12:42 am  #32

Love it!

May 8, 2014 9:59 pm  #33

Does no one want series 4 to start exactly where it left off with the opening scene on the tarmac and Sherlock stepping out of the plane? Too corny?

May 9, 2014 2:11 am  #34

We start with my scene and then flashback to the airport.     

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 9, 2014 3:56 am  #35

So here is the begining of my first attempt at fanfiction.  I started right where The Last Vow ended.

This was the second time John Watson thought he had lost Sherlock forever, however that did not make the loss any easier.  He supposed now he had Mary, wonderful, beautiful, lying Mary.  Who would, if not stop him from breaking into pieces, perhaps do her best putting him back together.  He stood looking into the sky, even after the plane disappeared.  He didn’t know Sherlock did the same, looking out airplane window, eyes fixed to the ground below.  Both men still felt an electric sensation in their right hand, from their last touch.
John knew this was wrong.  Sherlock Holmes, the best and bravest man he had ever known, gone.  He would never be able to forgive himself.  He is the one that should have shot the terrible shark that was Magnussen.  It was his wife and child that needed protection, they were all safe now.  Safe from Mary’s dark past.  Sherlock had thrown away everything for John. The Work and possibly his life thought John with a horrible itching suspicion that now took over his mind.  This was definitely worse than before.  Never knowing.  Before there had been no doubt he was dead and wouldn’t return.  John had found Mary and continued on with his life.  But now he would always be looking over his shoulder.  Tall dark haired men in long coats would make him give a second glance, for he would never stop hoping Sherlock would find his way back to him.  He had come back from the dead once hadn’t he?
Mary stood somewhere right behind him.  She didn’t touch him, or tell him everything would be alright.  She would let him grieve, then expect him to start moving forward.  Mary was just what he needed, in a world without Sherlock Holmes.
“That is not possible. That is simply not possible.”  Mycroft spoke agitated, while getting out of his car.
Taking a step closer to the taller man he asked, “What’s happened?”

Five minutes later, John still frozen in place, Sherlock stepped out of the airplane.  Their eyes locked and John was sure Sherlock would feel the waves of relief rolling off him.  Sherlock wasn't going to go where he couldn't follow.  John wanted to wrap his arms around him and never let go.  He wanted to give him the hug he should have given when he thought the game was over.  Instead he grabbed Mary’s hand.  Sherlock’s face was composed as he approached and turned his attention to Mycroft.  “How?”
“This is not Moriarty’s doing.  He shot himself in the head, he is gone.  It's likely someone who knew him prior to his death is using his identity for their own gain.  We never did catch all of his confidants or his two henchmen that stole his body.”
“Why now more than two years after his death?  It is no simple feat to hijack all electronic screens in London.  Definite risk of being caught” said Sherlock his voice trailing off.
“What would motivate someone to do that?” said Mary, who smiled at Sherlock and gave his arm a squeeze.
“What indeed.” spoke Sherlock his eyes focused on Mycroft.
“Which is why,” Mycroft said with a sigh, “we need you.  Whoever has done this has purposefully spread mass terror throughout the entire country.  It could not have been coincidence this occurred right as you were about to leave... permanently.”
“So,” said John butting in, “whoever is doing this is toying with Sherlock?”
Looking down his nose Mycroft replied, “That remains to be seen.”
With a swift glance at John, Sherlock turned abruptly.  Getting into the back of the car he said, “Come along John the game is still on, you too Mary we have work to do.”  Sherlock eyes gleamed as he said, “ To Baker Street.”
Sitting in between Sherlock and Mary, John used the silent car ride to think.  He thought to himself, the game is never over, and smiled.  John had never been happier, in all his time with Sherlock, for another case.  Despite the obvious danger this one could impose on them all, John was somehow both excited and content.  Sherlock was back, close enough to touch.  John looked up at Sherlock, to find pale eyes looking back.  Sherlock smiled.

"Look I'm in shock. I've got a blanket."
"It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun?"
"I will burn the heart out of you."
"Lets have dinner."
"I don't have friends. I've just got one."
"Don't,"
"Just the two of us against the rest of the world."
"Oh, Sherlock, what do we say about coincidences?"
"Did you miss me?"

May 9, 2014 4:58 am  #36

What an interesting start. Especially with John placed between Sherlock and Mary in more than one way. ("John wanted to wrap his arms around him and never let go.  He wanted to give him the hug he should have given when he thought the game was over.  Instead he grabbed Mary’s hand."

I'd love to see how it goes on from here. Do you already have a plan?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 9, 2014 6:12 am  #37

TheSkull wrote:

Does no one want series 4 to start exactly where it left off with the opening scene on the tarmac and Sherlock stepping out of the plane? Too corny?

Now I have to think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKLBwEgUxws 

May 9, 2014 10:41 am  #38

Zatoichi wrote:

TheSkull wrote:

Now I have to think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKLBwEgUxws 

HA! Very well spotted, I wonder how many people made the conection. Now I'm dead-convinced that the whole final scene in HLV is a tongue-in-cheek nod to the final scene in bloody Bodyguard. It's perfect, absolutely perfect! There's no doubt in my mind that they devised it so that the audience would have to imagine the same scene with Sherlock running back to John.

... and for that very same reason, the clever bastards are never going to shoot it, because they don't need to.

May 9, 2014 12:10 pm  #39

That was lovely sara.  You should continue.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 9, 2014 2:28 pm  #40

Sara, you already have a suspect, don't you? 

Board footera