BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2014 11:36 am  #1

Molly and Mrs Hudson's developpement

Steven Moffat said we  will see more of Molly and Mrs Hudson in the next season. How do see that?
I guess we will learn more about Mrs Hudson past and maybe some secrets she keeps
And what about Molly? Sherlock Romance? I just can't imagine she become a sherlock's pemanent work partner.

What do you think about these part's developpement?

April 8, 2014 4:08 am  #2

Re: Molly and Mrs Hudson's developpement

Hm.. 

Well... Sherlock DID propose to that Janine girl- right?

But, what if that was just a sham to get into that special club? 

No matter what, I ship Sherlolly. SHERLOLLY FOREVER.

Somehow, I can see Molly kind of quietly being Sherlock's go-to-girl for when he needs an analysis on dead bodies or whatnot. However, its not until a while later that he and Molly get wrapped up.

For some reason, I cannot see Sherlock with a spouse. I mean, I pretty much just contradicted what I said above, but, still. I could see him and MOlly as close friends.

The only person (so far) that I could see as a permanant spouse for Sherlock would be Irene, and she's hiding in America (right?)

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasnt important" -Eleventh Doctor 

"Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side" -Sherlock

April 8, 2014 7:36 am  #3

I love both, Molly and Mrs. Hudson, they are wonderful characters. I love how Moly's character has developed over the course of season 3 and I'm quite looking foward to finding out what more there is in store for her.
Mrs. Hudson's past sounds very intriguing too. I can't wait to find out more. Maybe it could actually be used for a case.

As for Sherlock and Molly becoming a couple, I don't see it and I wouldn't want it to happen. I think Molly and Lestrade would make a perfect match though.
I somehow could see Janine coming back into Sherlock's life in the more distant future when it comes to that. I also would love to have Janine back in the meantime just to be friends with Sherlock. She is a character I've come to like a lot and she obviously has stamina, I think she could be quite useful.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

April 8, 2014 4:36 pm  #4

I was also very happy to hear that we'll be seeing more Molly and Mrs Hudson. I adore them both.

I ship Molly/Sherlock but know that it will never happen. But I don't mind because it would be too out of character for Sherlock anyway. He cares for Molly, maybe even love her like family, but it will never be in a romantic way. Oh well. There's always fanfic.

And I'd love to learn more about Mrs Hudson's past - ha ha!

April 9, 2014 10:04 am  #5

well, i really wonder how the writers are going to develop that relationship. Of course, it can't be regular "romantic romance", but i assumed it has something to do with sentiments.
They let us know the engagement was broken, i don't think it's meaningless.

April 14, 2014 6:04 am  #6

I love both characters but with more of them and Mary and possibly a baby, too, I wonder how the writers will fit it all in and still leave room for Sherlock and John!!
Maybe Sherlock's world will be under threat again, and those around him will be in danger - I seem to remember Moffat saying they were heading towards a terrifying season 5, so maybe season 4 will start building on that.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 14, 2014 6:54 am  #7

Yes, he said there´ll be more gut punches ahead.. I don´t know how I feel about that. You see so many shows these days in which after a while the lives and worlds of the main characters are under threat or come tumbling down that I get a bit fed up with that. It seems to me you can barely watch any hospital series or crime series without it anymore.. Imo you can only take a certain amount of gut punches and terror before you start to get numbed. And then they have to show MORE terror to get you excited.. a vicious circle. I don´t want to see more trauma for Sherlock and John.. there are so many other stories to tell.. But I digress, sorry!

Okay, trying to get back on topic.. so, Molly and Mrs. Hudson. I adore both and will be happy to see more of them, as long as (agreeing with Tinks) the focus stays on Sherlock and John and the cases. I definitely don´t see Molly and Sherlock becoming a couple, maybe she´ll keep on supporting and secretly loving him but I would love to see her in a great and normal relationship. They can´t all be dysfunctional, right? Right?? 

Now I feel I´m too old for hip TV shows.. lol. 
*Insert a pun about having a hip here*

Last edited by Zatoichi (April 14, 2014 6:58 am)

April 14, 2014 7:48 am  #8

I completely agree with all you've said Zatoichi.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 14, 2014 10:56 am  #9

They are both great characters and I would love to see them getting a bit more screen time. I suspect we may see them kidnaped or put in some other form of mortal danger again. Hopefully no deaths.

Board footera