BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2014 7:29 pm  #1

the opening scene

How do you imagine the opening scene for S4?

March 19, 2014 8:26 pm  #2

Re: the opening scene

i imagine two options
1/ the "touch of drama"  option.... Moriarty ( or the marionetist) filming his actions/ crime and showing it on telly. London in panic...
2/ the "personnal attack" option : Moriarty in wrath against Molly ( doesn't forgive she's been his mistake) and threatening/kidnapping her.

I'd like option 1, but I think that, at some point, moriarty will revenge on Molly.

March 19, 2014 8:35 pm  #3

I really don't think Moriarty honestly cares about Molly... 
I agree with Swanpride. They will probably pick up where His last vow ends. The cliffhanger is too huge!

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

March 19, 2014 8:52 pm  #4

No, he doesn't care abou her, as he doesn't about John, Mrs Hudson or Mycroft. His only obsession is Sherlock and she's one of the ways to reach him.
I guess they will pick up at the end of HLV, but what's next? What will Moriarty do  ( he already took the jewel's crown, he must aim something bigger, now...)

PS : sorry, my english is awfull

March 19, 2014 8:58 pm  #5

I think the opening scene will be related to a new case - the case of the episode (I don't expect the Moriarty mistery to be the main case, there will be a connection between the cases though), maybe new characters will appear - but no clues about Jim/Moran/whoever made the video yet. And after opening credits, Sherlock, John, Mycroft and maybe Mary will be sitting in 221b, thinking and planning. Well, Mycroft will be planning, John and Mary just talking how impossible it is and Sherlock just smiling because a) he's home and b) his archenemy might not be dead which means no boredom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

March 19, 2014 8:59 pm  #6

Dunno. I'm not certain Moriarty is really alive... When I watched His Last Vow, I was convinced it was Mycroft who set up the Moriarty thing on screen lol

But if you're interested, you can read Meriarty meta written by Loudest-subtext-in-television. Frankly it's quite amazing, she basically covered all the grey areas in Sherlock BBC (85 000 words). 

Actually I'm not sure Sherlock will be joyful at the idea of the return of Moriarty. Remember, he spent 2 years to dismantle Moriarty's organization... However I'm sure we will learn more about Mary's past. It cannot be over. But I agree with you, I think the opening of S4 will begin at the 221B.

Last edited by Ozymandias (March 19, 2014 9:01 pm)

Walt Whitman

March 19, 2014 9:24 pm  #7

I don't think either sherlock will be joyfull. I don't think he likes the game Moriarty wants to play. As he said " i don't like riddles".
I'm not convinced with Mycroft being behind the Moriarty thing on the screen either. This is not a Mycroft method.he's too involved in the governement business to play like this.

March 20, 2014 3:48 am  #8

I'm convinced that Moriarty is not back. He's dead. I think someone is using his image to instil fear in the people it is meaninful to (ie Mycroft/his department & Sherlock/John etc).

I thought Moran was done in TEH but someone pointed out that Sebastian Moran in canon was the son of a Lord, so it's possible the Peer in TEH was the father and not actually Sebastian, in which case YAY SEBASTIAN!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 20, 2014 10:08 am  #9

As sad as it will be, I think series 4 will start with a hopsital scene, where Mary has just lost the baby.

March 20, 2014 10:12 am  #10

Why would she loose the baby??

March 20, 2014 10:28 am  #11

NatureNoHumansNo wrote:

Why would she loose the baby??

Because I think the writers are going to kill Mary off at the end of series 4 (sad as it will be because I like Mary) and I don't think it would work with John bringing up the baby alone with Sherlock. Mary losing the baby right at the beginning, is a (fractionally) softer blow than Mary and the baby dieing at the same time.

But that's just my idea, I'm probably totally wrong.  They could all live happily ever after - John, Mary, the baby and Sherlock - it would make for some fun viewing.

March 20, 2014 10:50 am  #12

Mary dying ( and then the baby)  sounds weird to me. Why would she arrive, take an important part in the plot, have a past to discover... and then die.
I must also say that I don't really understand her role in the drama ( a second John (violent past, able, and maybe eager  to deal with danger, gets along with Sherlock)? Why?)

March 20, 2014 10:56 am  #13

NatureNoHumansNo wrote:

Mary dying ( and then the baby)  sounds weird to me. Why would she arrive, take an important part in the plot, have a past to discover... and then die.
I must also say that I don't really understand her role in the drama ( a second John (violent past, able, and maybe eager  to deal with danger, gets along with Sherlock)? Why?)

Because Mary dies in Canon.
And also, you asked people's opinions, and that's mine.  Everyone is going to think a bit differently. Like I said, it's probably wrong, but that's just my guess.

March 20, 2014 11:02 am  #14

I like to hear people's opinion, and i like to discuss it too ;) .Untill i find something that convinces me.
This Mary Morstan is very different from the canon Mary, anyway.

March 20, 2014 11:04 am  #15

Actually I will be disappointed if we don't learn more about Mary's past at the season 4. I don't buy the oh-my-you're-an-assassin-but-who-cares-about-your-name-I-still-love-you-you're-my-wife explanation. And there's too many flaws in Sherlock's explanation either. I really don't understand why he forgave Mary... Moftiss could have made her apologize for her actions. But she never did. It's quite interesting I think. So I think she'll have an important role in season 4. Plus, I think there will be no baby. It would thoroughly change the spirit of the TV show. Somehow Moftiss have to find a way to get rid of it (or Sherlock will become a happy comedy)

Walt Whitman

March 20, 2014 11:05 am  #16

NatureNoHumansNo wrote:

I like to hear people's opinion, and i like to discuss it too ;) .Untill i find something that convinces me.
This Mary Morstan is very different from the canon Mary, anyway.

I imagine we will all get our 'deductions' wrong. Stephen and Mark likes to surprise us!

March 20, 2014 11:11 am  #17

Haha. Not so much actually. Season 3 wasn't so surprising after all. Mary couldn't have been tedious, people would have been bored. There was already Richie's adaptation with a lovely Mary. And in some ways it's logical that Sherlock became more mature (especially after Reichenbach) when John moved on. It was the perfect opportunity to focus on his sentiments.

Walt Whitman

March 20, 2014 11:24 am  #18

Having the baby doesn't mean John will be stuck to a stroller all the time especially when Sherlock recruits him.
But something from Mary's past coming and threatening his family sounds more likely to me.

March 20, 2014 11:31 am  #19

Episode 1 of Series 4 opens with John having nighmares again.  This time they are about Mary.  Moments flood his mind. Finding out she's lied to him, is not who he thought she was.  Seeing Sherlock on the ground pale and bleeding.  John tosses and turns, moaning in his sleep.  Suddenly he wakes with a start, trembling and breathing hard.  His eyes race desperately around the room trying to ground himself in reality.

Then, his eyes come to rest on Sherlock lying in the bed beside him.  Sherlock is up on one elbow, gazing at him with deep concern as he reaches out to stroke John's shoulder.  John lets out one last great sigh of relief before takikng Sherlock in his arms, taking comfort in his solid warmth.

(ok.  Sorry. I'll just go back to my corner now and read some more fan fiction. )

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 20, 2014 11:38 am  #20

Board footera