BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2014 4:47 pm  #61

Re: Sherlock dubbed versions

LOL ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 4:54 pm  #62

Ladies, you just have to embrace the concept of "Sie" a little more...! There's nothing like a heartfelt, emotional "Sie".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 19, 2014 4:55 pm  #63

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Imagine the complaints if they suddenly started to show only original versions with subtitles on TV.

I got "entertain" from the telekom at home... they could easily transmit different audio and subs, but there is usually only German sound, although there seems to be the idea to offer more...

SusiGo wrote:

"Ich dachte, Sie wären tot."
And maybe John and Mary could say as well "Sie". "Sie sind das Beste, was mir hätte passieren können." "Ganz Ihrer Meinung." 

hahahahahaha

Only good thing about the dubbing: Kept me from becoming obsessed, until I watched the 3rd season in the original version...

Last edited by zeratul (March 19, 2014 4:59 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 19, 2014 4:56 pm  #64

You are damn right, Solar. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 4:58 pm  #65

Ahem. Yes. And so very romantic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 5:24 pm  #66

"Da ich offenbar Ihr bester Freund bin, kann ich Ihnen zur Wahl Ihres Gefährten nicht gratulieren.... John, Sie sitzen zwischen den beiden Menschen auf der Welt, die Sie am meisten lieben. Und ich weiss, dass ich auch für Mary spreche wenn ich sage, dass wir Sie nie enttäuschen werden und ein ganzes Leben vor uns liegt, um Ihnen das zu beweisen."
So, is that highly emotional or what...? Can it get any better?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 19, 2014 5:42 pm  #67

Yes, it can. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 5:46 pm  #68

Really...? Come on, doesn't it send pleasant shivers down your spine...? 

March 19, 2014 5:46 pm  #69

Oh, Solar, I burst into tears ... of laughter. LOL

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 5:54 pm  #70

Oh, I'm glad. Let me give you some more laughter:

"John, bitte... vergeben Sie mir. Für all den Schmerz, den ich Ihnen zugefügt habe."

March 19, 2014 5:56 pm  #71

That's really emotional. Doesn't work in English, but in German it is wonderful. 

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 5:58 pm  #72

Another one.
"Sie haben so süße Sachen gesagt." LOL

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 6:02 pm  #73

And now imagine Benedict saying this in German with his lisp.... "Thie haben tho thüthe Thachen gethagt"...

March 19, 2014 6:05 pm  #74

Giggles at the bus ... How embarrassing. 

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 6:08 pm  #75

Oh, you're on the bus right now? Then I want you to say this out loud for everyone to hear: "Thie haben tho thüthe Thachen gethagt."

March 19, 2014 6:11 pm  #76

Ha ha, my voice is not compatible. It has to sound like Benedict ... a little bit at least. Won't work with my voice. 

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 6:32 pm  #77

Two words: Cheap excuse.

March 19, 2014 6:41 pm  #78

And now I am not in a bus anymore. 

(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 7:54 pm  #79

I do not recognize Ben's lisp, maybe the English language is more forgiving about that...
I think I had one as a child, at least I went to a "Logopäde" I think... I was also taught to put the tounge to the gum not to the teeth to swallow... so speaking the th is physically painful to me... I hate my accent .

I talked to a colleague today, who watches Sherlock in German... I said it is strange that they say SIe in German and he was like, isn't it like this in English? This is the sad part, if you just know the dubbed version, you dunno what you are getting wrong...

Sherlock, wollen Sie mein Trauzeuge sein???
Ich bin Ihr bester Freund???

o_O

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 19, 2014 8:07 pm  #80

He usually manages to suppress it or whatever is the right word for it. There is a cute little outtake from "The Last Enemy" where he mentions a "thpider".  

Last edited by SusiGo (March 19, 2014 8:07 pm)

Board footera