BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2012 7:55 am  #1

London Hackney Cab Driver

I am going to post a piece about how London Hackney Cab drivers become licensed etc. and some other, to me, interesting bits of information about them. I don't think it belongs specifically in this topic although, Jeff, the cabbie was a 'black cab' driver. That said both John and Sherlock agreed that 'he wasn't a very good cab driver'. Certainly if he didn't go the quickest route he certainly wasn't!

It might appeal to those of you who want to know more about the cab drivers' history, training, licensing etc. and also those who have an interest in Psychology (proper researched Psychology that is).  I'll also put a link in to a very funny blog by a London 'cabbie' which is certainly worth looking at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 20, 2012 9:17 am  #2

Re: London Hackney Cab Driver

Sounds good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 24, 2012 6:11 pm  #3

Maybe it's in the info you're linking to, but didn't they find out a few years ago that the brains of London cabbies were super-developed in some way to remember all the routes, etc. I thought that was part of the genius of making the cabbie, well, a genius. At least in his own mind.

June 24, 2012 9:20 pm  #4

They surely did. If you go into the Other section at the bottom of the index you will find the posting I have made about the cabbies and it includes about their over-developed hippocampi.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 24, 2012 9:40 pm  #5

Don't you love an excuse to say "hippocampi"? Imagine Sherlock's.

Board footera