BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2014 6:39 am  #221

Re: I wonder about Benedict.

I do get the feeling he's mixing business with pleasure whilst he's in the States - doing some kind of work and catching up with friends ...something like that anyway, because I think he'd have come home by now otherwise.
And yes, it was sweet of him - I do feel for him a bit that he goes for a quiet drink and still ends up with us all goggling at his pictures! I hope he'll forgive us!!

Last edited by Tinks (March 13, 2014 6:40 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 13, 2014 6:58 am  #222

Well I believe he doesn't so much mind people asking for photos...
As to your other point, I still wonder if he has a little lady tucked away in the States

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 13, 2014 8:16 am  #223

Me too;) but I don't want to get us into trouble by speculating!
I do think there's work going on too, though - even if it's just promo type stuff or casting meetings.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 13, 2014 12:06 pm  #224

besleybean wrote:

Well I believe he doesn't so much mind people asking for photos...
As to your other point, I still wonder if he has a little lady tucked away in the States

Ok, fine, I confess.  It's me!
I even have my husband's permission.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 13, 2014 12:18 pm  #225

I imagine if he has a girlfriend (Or even boyfriend) that he'd want to keep them hidden. I imagine they would be torn to shreds by some of the more crazy fans 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 13, 2014 6:51 pm  #226

I'm clueing for looks

March 13, 2014 6:55 pm  #227

The title of the article really made me laugh.
One point, he can't have visited Zachary that recently, as Zachary is currently in Germany!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 13, 2014 7:00 pm  #228

Well heat is a bit tongue in cheek, as you can tell. Can't take it as verbatim that's for sure.

I think if he had a lady, he'd have gone public. He had a couple of brief encounters last year and was seen out and about.

As for having a boyfriend, I think he's very much in touch with that kind of thing isn't he? But I don't think he's that way inclined himself. Not that it would bother me, whatever makes him happy

I'm clueing for looks

March 13, 2014 7:22 pm  #229

I wonder if Benedict will be at the MTV Movie Awards.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 13, 2014 7:27 pm  #230

Well I think that's a GREAT shout. He's up for best villain, the fandom are voting all day every day - I've seen people post on twitter!

So they're on April 13. Think he'll be in the US for a month then?

I'm clueing for looks

March 13, 2014 7:36 pm  #231

Possibly.

March 13, 2014 8:05 pm  #232

The heat thing is just a reprint of the NYT article, where the interview took place in November/ December so yeah, it wasn't recently that he caught up with Zachary, I don't think.
I don't think he will go public with any relationship on future, unless he's absolutely sure it's for the long term: I really think he just got tired of being asked about girlfriends.
MTV awards? Good shout - I still think there's more to him spending so much time out there than that though

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 13, 2014 8:23 pm  #233

I am sure something newsworthy will emerge soon enough. He's in hot demand right now so his agency will be wanting to make the best of it.

As I've said before, possibly on another thread, I think he's out there getting some R&R, doing a little business, maybe setting something up for SunnyMarch, obviously pre-production for Lost City of Z, maybe meetings with Weinstein about TiG. There's also the voice he's confirmed as doing for The Penguins of Madagascar, which comes out next year, so he could be doing that.

Last edited by clareiow (March 13, 2014 8:29 pm)

I'm clueing for looks

March 13, 2014 8:43 pm  #234

I thought that was done!

March 13, 2014 10:09 pm  #235

clareiow wrote:

Well I think that's a GREAT shout. He's up for best villain, the fandom are voting all day every day - I've seen people post on twitter!

So they're on April 13. Think he'll be in the US for a month then?

*fingers crossed*   That show is usually pretty wild.  I'd love to see what sort of mischief he could get up to there!   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 13, 2014 10:29 pm  #236

He could photobomb to his hearts content. And hopefully ditch the top-half tux and just show up in board shorts ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 14, 2014 6:38 pm  #237

I hope he will photobomb all the pics from now on!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 14, 2014 7:04 pm  #238

I would be ok with board shorts.
Leather would be nice too.
*thud*

I wonder if Benedict has ever had any borken bones?  

I wonder if Benedict has ever had a pet?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 14, 2014 7:06 pm  #239

he mentioned having a dog when living with Olivia, I think. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 14, 2014 7:09 pm  #240

and broken bones lead to think about broken heart....

Board footera