BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2014 4:51 pm  #581

Re: Doctor Who

Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 6, 2014 1:43 pm  #582

*Straightens bow tie*

I am still in the gutter after Matt leaving. But I have faith in Peter Capaldi and find the new outfit super! It's not that; but Matt was my first Doctor... 

I have heard a rumour that Matt might be in the first episode of series 8, but I don't know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 7:13 pm  #583

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I have heard a rumour that Matt might be in the first episode of series 8, but I don't know...

I haven't heard of it! Hmm but like you said, it's a rumour so... But still it would be nice to see Matt again, though if so it'd probably be a kind of flashback or something.

The Road goes ever on and on...

February 7, 2014 5:09 pm  #584

sj4iy wrote:

Willow wrote:

Russell wrote:

I just saw that today too! Love it. Striking, yet I thought they might go with a little more color this time around. (ok, ok, not so much like certain doctors from the past, ha, but just a bit) Then again, it fits his face better. Love the red, and cut. Sharp. Almost a little 'vampiric'…

More a lot 'vampiric'; I'm just not sure that they've thought the image through. The cut of the trousers is unflattering, and it looks as if he's wearing a cardigan under his coat, which is a tad 'nice old age pensioner at bus stop' for a man who travels time and space with equal ease.

Admittedly, no-one's ever going to out-cool Christopher so maybe they are doomed to failure if they try it...

The only two Doctors who ever tried to be 'cool' were 9 and 10.  All of the rest had fun, quirky costumes.

Apologies for the delay in my reply to you; I just spotted it.

I think we have to remember that Christopher was the guy who resuscitated the franchise, after its long dormancy.  The costume designer's brief was to put stuff together which did not remind people of the fun and quirky costumes characterising the older Doctors, because that was the show which got cancelled.

The show had been off the air for so long that they needed something which said 'now', and Christopher could do that look really easily; he's a fine actor but he also has the physique which enables him to look dominant without much difficulty.  Put him in black leather and you have a badass Doctor Who...

March 12, 2014 10:52 pm  #585

Hope we see these old adversaries again..........

......Aquarian free spirit

March 12, 2014 10:55 pm  #586

........and some patriotic ones too!!!

......Aquarian free spirit

March 12, 2014 11:30 pm  #587

I believe Series 8 will have a 2-part Dalek episode.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

March 13, 2014 4:23 am  #588

We can't wait! 

March 13, 2014 6:27 am  #589

Oh, these are cute! I want them! I will probably spend an rediculous amount of money on Sherlock and Doctor Who merchandising when I'm in London at the end of April  . I should do my tax declaration before, so have a little bonus in my holiday fund  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 13, 2014 8:01 am  #590

They are cute, aren't they.  and they talk when you press them!     

So jealous!  have a fantastic adventure in London.  money well spent I say.

June 27, 2014 11:28 pm  #591

Looks like we have a new trailer and release date for series 8!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 28, 2014 4:02 am  #592

Yaaaaaaay!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 28, 2014 8:50 am  #593

Yaaaaaay indeed! I'm so looking forward to Peter Capaldi! But first I have to watch five more seasons I don't even know yet...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 28, 2014 9:19 am  #594

Ah, you see that is when time travel would be really useful eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2014 3:23 am  #595

SolarSystem wrote:

Yaaaaaay indeed! I'm so looking forward to Peter Capaldi! But first I have to watch five more seasons I don't even know yet...

Five??   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 29, 2014 9:04 am  #596

Yes... it took me a little longer to decide to watch the show, so I only started a week ago. I'm in the middle of David Tennant right now, so to speak. And I love and adore it, everything.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 30, 2014 3:23 am  #597

Aww...  sweet.     They're all brilliant in different ways, but Tennant's my favorite.  Fire and ice.      I almost envy... on the one hand (sort of like Sherlock!) it's fun to let it build and draw out over time and watch how far it comes....  on the other, especially with the more story-arc-heavy later spots with Eleven, it must be great to take it in in much shorter time and have it that much fresher!

June 30, 2014 6:35 am  #598

Apologies in advance, these are just 2 little asides.
1.  Hubby and I were watching Big Bang on loop yesterday.  Sheldon made a quip about grieving the loss of 11 "Doctor Whos"... you'd think he'd know it's "doctors"!
2, Somebody just saw Capaldi in gear for the 1st time and feels there's a bit of Pertwee in there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 30, 2014 7:20 am  #599

Russell wrote:

Aww... sweet. They're all brilliant in different ways, but Tennant's my favorite. Fire and ice. I almost envy... on the one hand (sort of like Sherlock!) it's fun to let it build and draw out over time and watch how far it comes.... on the other, especially with the more story-arc-heavy later spots with Eleven, it must be great to take it in in much shorter time and have it that much fresher!

I love David Tennant , but Christopher Eccleston also touched my heart on various occasions. And I thought he showed some great comedy talent! Does anyone know why he left the show after only one season?
And yes, I'm a bit torn about doing 'binge watching', to be honest. Because I agree that it can be awesome to wait for the story to continue and to take your time so that certain things can sink in a bit. I'm watching it with my boyfriend, and we've decided to take a little break when Tennant leaves. Although I'll gladly admit that I can't wait to see how the show will look like when Moffat takes over.

June 30, 2014 6:57 pm  #600

SolarSystem wrote:

I love David Tennant , but Christopher Eccleston also touched my heart on various occasions. And I thought he showed some great comedy talent! Does anyone know why he left the show after only one season?
And yes, I'm a bit torn about doing 'binge watching', to be honest. Because I agree that it can be awesome to wait for the story to continue and to take your time so that certain things can sink in a bit. I'm watching it with my boyfriend, and we've decided to take a little break when Tennant leaves. Although I'll gladly admit that I can't wait to see how the show will look like when Moffat takes over.

Yes!    …Let me guess… was one of those moments the 'everybody lives!' part?  One of my favorites of his.    And yeah… Christopher was an amazing, 'different' take to bring the whole series back with, but quite a different Doctor (and actor).  I heard he apparently didn't want to get too 'type-cast', so quickly bowed out.  *ehs and shrugs*  That's a whole different discussion.

Like your comment about watching it, and so completely agree.    Ha… believe it or not, even more so with the 'little break' part!  Tennant had such a long, varied, awesome run with so many different friends, and it got so emotionally twisty, you kind of -need- a break before seeing Smith bound onto the scene with his fresh new version!

And yeah… I can definitely see a little bit of Pertwee!  Whee!  A new shot of him fighting an old foe, huh?  With….  Mary Poppins??  (we all knew she was a Timelady though, right?)     (Michelle Gomez, apparently playing the 'Gatekeeper of the Nethersphere')

Board footera