BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2014 8:39 pm  #41

Re: Tv programmes from yesteryear we were fans of...

I loved and love still the whole Star Trek stuff.
But my all time favourite will always be Buffy. I have the collection and watch it at least once a year. (And I  get always totally emotional when I watch...)

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

February 18, 2014 6:59 am  #42

sherlockskitty wrote:

I  watched FURY, about a big black horse that was befriended by Joey, an orphan.   Oh  and Lassie.  who can forget Timmy and Lassie?   I can't.      

Oh yes, I loved Fury and Lassie.. but I had to run from the TV quite often because I could not stand the  tension . (There is still this funny family story coming up at birthday parties about little Zatoichi watching Lassie getting shot.. seems like it took me 3 days to get back to normal again lol.) Also Flipper and Black Beauty.

Then I loved Star Trek TNG - never really got into any other Star Trek series though. 
ALF
Sailormoon
Scarecrow and Mrs. King
All Creatures Great And Small..

March 12, 2014 10:49 pm  #43

I remember The Avengers, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., High Chapparel, all the different Star Trek progs, Starsky & Hutch........tv seemed so different in those days

......Aquarian free spirit

March 20, 2014 2:17 pm  #44

How come no one mentioned "Poirot" and "Marple" yet? They were brilliant Agatha Christie adaptations!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2014 9:49 pm  #45

Somebody uploaded a very good version of Miss Marple on youtube! 
This version starred Joan Hickson as Miss Marple and it was just perfect!
My favourite of the series is "Sleeping Murder":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0gLNuj0icY

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 27, 2014 3:48 pm  #46

I've been rewatched "Avatar: The Last Airbender" recently with my daughter (she's old enough to watch it, now).  It's easy to forget how brilliant of a series that was, but it was easily one of the best animated shows ever made.  

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera