BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2014 9:45 pm  #441

Re: The theory he told Anderson - The actual answer??

I don't know Canon that well!
Ithink it's mentioned on the DVD extras.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 10, 2014 9:49 pm  #442

I think so, too, besley. But don't remember exactly, either. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 10, 2014 11:24 pm  #443

Yeah, I'm late to this discussion and admit I haven't read this entire thread but...shortly after the second series aired, Moffat gave an interview where he said that the second and third series were commissioned by the BBC at the same time and when "The Fall" was written into the last episode of the second series, he and Gatiss had a solution already in place for the third. In fact, the resolution scene to be shown in the third series was filmed at the same time as "the Fall" was in the second  (in order to ultimately save time and money would be my guess). This was done, of course, before the second series was broadcast and the fans spent two years going nuts trying to figure out how it was done. I think at that point, Gatiss just threw in the towel and wrote what he did for TEH knowing that there was no way they could ever come up with anything that would make everyone happy or outdo some fans' imaginations. I would bet anything that the third "resolution" shown to Anderson was what was originally filmed and originally intended to be the only and "correct" solution. And I think Anderson got to hear it because, of all the people who were not in on the fact that Sherlock was not actually dead, Anderson, whom Sherlock always thought was an incompetent idiot, was the only person believed he wasn't dead (following the newspaper clues in the mini-episode) and he was right. I think it would be in keeping with Sherlock's character in this series that he acknowledge that fact in this way. .I don't think we will ever be sure what really happened, tho'.

March 11, 2014 7:48 pm  #444

RedKitten wrote:

. And I think Anderson got to hear it because, of all the people who were not in on the fact that Sherlock was not actually dead, Anderson, whom Sherlock always thought was an incompetent idiot, was the only person believed he wasn't dead (following the newspaper clues in the mini-episode) and he was right. I think it would be in keeping with Sherlock's character in this series that he acknowledge that fact in this way. .I don't think we will ever be sure what really happened, tho'.

This part was something I hadn't thought of - Anderson in sense redeemed himself - or proved himself smarter, or a better detective, or something "better" in Sherlock's eyes, because he guessed Sherlock wasn't dead. And since he didn't REALLY like Sherlock to begin with, with him it wasn't a case of just "hoping," (as John might do) - it was a case of actually figuring it out.

March 12, 2014 10:10 pm  #445

I love this thread! and hope you´ll keep it till the next series!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 13, 2014 6:38 am  #446

Obviously it's up to individual members and maybe I'll pop in if I feel I have anything more to add.
But I do worry it's one of those discussions thst just goes in circles.
It's not so bad if we know in future we will get more.
But having now seen the DVD  extras, I do feel that is it.
Thst is the most comprehensive answer we are going to get, unless somebody directly asks the guys at a Q&A.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera