BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2014 7:12 am  #1

NYT Style magazine, March 2014

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/

"The case of the accidental superstar"

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/the-case-of-the-accidental-superstar/?_php=true&_type=blogs&smid=tw-share&utm_content=buffer74683&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&_r=0

My favourite sentence:
"There are people out there these days who so love to hear Cumberbatch talk — who so love to watch Cumberbatch exist — that they do not care what he does, as long as they get to observe him doing it."
:-)

And - there are some nice b/w photos in it as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 8, 2014 8:30 am  #2

Re: NYT Style magazine, March 2014

Nice article and the photos are beautiful indeed but also too much photoshoped for my taste. I mean, he looked so young on them, like in his early twentys. He is a beautiful man as he is now, I think the photographer overdid it a bit with smoothing out the pictures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 8, 2014 12:27 pm  #3

stoertebeker wrote:

Nice article and the photos are beautiful indeed but also too much photoshoped for my taste. I mean, he looked so young on them, like in his early twentys. He is a beautiful man as he is now, I think the photographer overdid it a bit with smoothing out the pictures.

Agreed. They're not bad photos, but they look like they were taken around the time of "40 Something."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2014 1:42 am  #4

*Thud*   Oo, thank you.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 10, 2014 8:42 am  #5

Nice article- but there was a hint of questioning of 'why' Ben's so popular, as if his recent roles have not been enough to convince the world of his talent.

March 11, 2014 1:08 pm  #6

Must confess, I'm not too keen on the photographs. As other people have said, they've airbrushed him to death. I prefer him looking his lovely natural self, with all his lovely lines and maturity.

Board footera