BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2012 4:24 pm  #21

Re: My today's tiny contribution to the Sherlock fandom...

Miss Camembert and I've been strolling around town today, leaving our mark behind:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 2, 2012 6:24 pm  #22

Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 6:58 pm  #23

I wish I could do this but I'm too much of a goody-goody but one day I will rebel, maybe... 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 23, 2012 1:50 pm  #24

Today I've been out and about again with my usual missionary zeal  – to raise awareness for Sherlock.
Of course, that's like tilting at windmills…
But I don't mind – it's great fun – and a little exciting as well.

This was my equipment (I was prepared for anything!):

Some of those I could use, but I had to write more "I believe in Sherlock" post-its in the book store (right under the eyes of the staff, hehe!). So, here comes my today's "trail of destruction":

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 23, 2012 1:51 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 2:18 pm  #25

Oh, that's great, Tobe, makes me think about cycling to the next bookstore to continue the campaign  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2012 3:48 pm  #26

Oh your photos are great tobe!  I love the one on the John/John potato chip bag.  That was inspired! The Tolkien Times was great too.  (Beware German book stores - Sherlocked woman on the loose.  )

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 23, 2012 4:11 pm  #27

Some inspired Sherlockiti (like graffiti but Sherlockified).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 23, 2012 5:01 pm  #28

Those are fantastic, tobeornot221b!

Two days ago, I went to my local Apple store (and, btw, Sherlock looks GREAT on the new Retina display!) and left "I believe in Sherlock!" and "Moriarty was real!" notes on the computers/tablets I was playing on.  Great fun!  Couldn't take photos as I don't have a smartphone, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 23, 2012 5:08 pm  #29

Bravissima!

June 23, 2012 5:15 pm  #30

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Those are fantastic, tobeornot221b!

Two days ago, I went to my local Apple store (and, btw, Sherlock looks GREAT on the new Retina display!) and left "I believe in Sherlock!" and "Moriarty was real!" notes on the computers/tablets I was playing on.  Great fun!  Couldn't take photos as I don't have a smartphone, though.

I had to take in my iPad and it took four Geniuses to figure out the problem.  when each one would look and see my Sherlock/Watson wallpaper, they'd. Ask "who is that?".  I'd launch into a rave telling them they MUST watch!  It's the cool one of S&W running down a darkened street, Sherlock's coat billowing.

edit:  Apologies for the punctuation and spelling.  A curse with the above-mentioned iPad's virtual keyboard.

Last edited by Maren (June 23, 2012 5:17 pm)

June 23, 2012 5:49 pm  #31

Thank you for your kind feedback - much appreciated!
I wished we all could become a notorious bunch of accomplices on this matter.
How much fun we could have!

Secretly taking photographs in crowded and monitored shops without being spotted is always the most difficult part of the job. Especially that I'm not too familiar with my "camera phone" yet. Recently I only realised an hour later that I had been shooting videos instead of taken photos... That meant, silly me had to go back to the stores hoping the papers hadn't been removed by then. I was relieved to see that they were still there where I had put them.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 7:01 pm  #32

Just put two messages on traffic signs  .

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2012 8:09 pm  #33

Sherli, if it was an Apple store shouldn't you have just left an IOU?

June 23, 2012 10:09 pm  #34

Ohh, Davina, VERY clever!  I don't think they'd take to kindly to me carving letters in their precious products, though.  Oh--here's a thought: Take a pre-carved apple and leave it somewhere appropriate.  Hmm...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 23, 2012 10:47 pm  #35

But when it dries up, you don't know what it might look like it says.

June 24, 2012 12:49 am  #36

tobeornot221b wrote:

I've been to my local book store this morning, leaving behind a message at the Sherlock Holmes section:

That is so cool. Did you also spray yellow paint on the bookshelves?

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 30, 2012 2:14 pm  #37

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

That is so cool. Did you also spray yellow paint on the bookshelves?

Oh, I forgot about that. 
Would certainly be an ASBO guarantee for this kind of artstic activity, I presume.

Today I made Moriarty a customer of an Irish pub:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 30, 2012 5:06 pm  #38

Good Craich!

June 30, 2012 8:42 pm  #39

Sherlock's finally taking over the Ruhrgebiet , at least its Irish pubs.

July 1, 2012 11:03 am  #40

Today I'll watch my daughter's hockey match dressed as a Study in Pink: pink Sherlock t-shirt, pink skirt, pink sneakers. I suppose nobody'll get it but I'm happy.

Board footera