BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2014 5:44 pm  #1

The Musketeers

Anyone else watch this? I thought it was okay-escapism nonsense.Dont quite see all the uproar about it, certainly better than Atlantis.ill give it another go since pilots are usually tthe same as therest of the series. Plus I love the theme tune.

January 20, 2014 10:21 pm  #2

Re: The Musketeers

I liked it.  I went in not expecting much, and I actually found myself enjoying it immensely.  Not deep or anything like that, but that's not always required.  The characters were true to the original characters, which is always a plus.  Can't wait to see next week.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

February 7, 2014 1:45 am  #3

I'm glad that I am not alone in my penchant for the Musketeers, and I really like the series for itself, as well as the fact that it's a great detox programme, allowing me to slowly wean myself from Sherlock,  but I have hit a major snag.

The  realisation that  Sherlock would look absolute  great in all that leather, plus the swords , is not one which can be ignored. So, I'm now praying for an episode where  he has to infiltrate a reenactment group, and obviously has to wear appropriate clothing.

Did I mention the leather? And all those swords? 

February 16, 2014 8:24 pm  #4

I've just seen the first episode.
Hubby and I enjoyed it. T'was nothing brilliant but wasn't bad either. Just some good escapism fun, nicely filmed and with plenty of eye candy!  We'll work our way through the rest of the episodes now and catch up.

March 8, 2014 7:38 am  #5

Just watched episode 6,  'The Exiles' -   and it finally feels that the series is getting its bearings a bit.
I like that political intrigue took the forefront,   and that they are fleshing out the Constance character
also.    A neat twist on the twin/Man in the Iron Mask theme  (although a generation off, but still..)  Tara
Fitzgerald as Queen Mum (Marie de Medici?) was good,   and Peter Capaldi is always so fun to watch,
 and  consistently has the best wardrobe.      wish he was a bit more evil though...

March 8, 2014 9:16 am  #6

Episode 6 was brilliant! My favourite to date! I am really loving this show! Especially Aramis. Although I love the voice of Athos! Peter Capaldi is really fab in the role too.

Tara's outfits were a bit weird though! One dress looked a bit like leather studded bondage!!!

March 8, 2014 9:36 am  #7

I watch it, though missed last weeks.
It's ok.

Last edited by besleybean (March 8, 2014 9:36 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 11, 2014 11:29 pm  #8

I think this is a really good series - really good stories and action. Luke Pasqualino who plays D'Artagnan, reminds me a young Oliver Tobias.

......Aquarian free spirit

March 12, 2014 6:37 am  #9

I thought Sunday's was about the best episode I've seen to date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 12, 2014 10:42 pm  #10

besleybean wrote:

I thought Sunday's was about the best episode I've seen to date.

Hi Besleybean I've liked this series from the start. I know some people have had a go about various things but the makers are using Dumas' characters.

......Aquarian free spirit

March 13, 2014 6:43 am  #11

I've always liked the other film and TV versions, never actually read the books.
It's a good, traditional  Sunday evening drama...and that's not a phrase you hear from me very often!

Last edited by besleybean (March 13, 2014 6:43 am)

March 28, 2014 10:23 pm  #12

I've been catching up on the latest 3 episodes.    Wow,  it just keeps getting better.

Other that the odd rocking intro theme music,  this series is a gorgeous period set piece,
with  some great performances.

I absolutely adored the Dumas Musketeer books growing up,  and have read all the sequels and
prequels,   and the standalone Count of Monte Cristo.     (Now, the Count of Monte
Cristo,  there's an amazing role that BC  could do justice too,  no one really has
done it credit as well as it could be so far...)

April 2, 2014 10:26 pm  #13

Just watched the last episode. I've really enjoyed the series and hope they make a series 2!

June 22, 2014 7:23 am  #14

For our American friends who haven't seen it yet, series begins today
(Sunday 22 June)  on the BBC America channel.  If you haven't gotten
the chance to catch this show yet,    treat yourself!   

May 29, 2016 3:43 pm  #15

Just thought about coming back here.
Not my favourite show.
But there is nothing else on Saturday night TV.
I was dreading this new series, with no Peter Capaldi and no...other guy. Sorry, dunno' the actor's name. The very excellent baddie last time.
But how come nobody told me Rupert Everett was gonna be in this series?
I actually thought the trailer looked quite good and then I enjoyed last night's episode.
Rupert is one of my favourite actors and he is very good in this.

Board footera