BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2014 3:56 pm  #1081

Re: Free Rants

I do have trouble making friends though, how unfortunate!!!

But I guess time will do its wonders and maybe I will find someone again!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 4, 2014 3:59 pm  #1082

What about taking some classes or go out and do stuff you're interested in in enviroments with other people? I made a few 'friends' last time I was in school in the autumn... granted I sort of removed myself from them later... but if I had put a bit of work into it... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 4, 2014 4:05 pm  #1083

I'm currently in college, and there's a few people I talk to but I feel like I won't get anywhere past "college friends."

I never see them outside of college, which is my biggest problem. I always get super lonely when I'm at home.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 4, 2014 4:11 pm  #1084

But what about extra classes if you can manage it? Art classes, acting classes maybe? 

I've been lonely most of my life, it's no fun! but sometimes friendship comes from the most strange places! The girl who is now my best friend scared the heck out of me when we met; she forced me to sit at the punk-girl table and I was sure she would eat me... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 4, 2014 8:21 pm  #1085

... I was just about to decide if I should start working on my watercolour painting, write on my fic or start experimenting with my CumberCookies when my neighbour decided to turn up his music so much my flat is shaking. I can even hear it with headphones on... 

That's inspiration gone... 

And now the same git just started drilling holes into our shared wall... Ugh, it's half an hour before the noise curfew 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 4, 2014 8:24 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 5, 2014 9:45 am  #1086

Sorry to double post... but I need this off my chest!

So, my co-delegation host for the Irish at the Eurovision just emailed the head of Delegation (A very important man) and CC'ed me on the e-mail... I could barely read it; his english was so bad and I'm appalled! I'm ashamed even! He didn't spell check; that is one thing... but his grammar... just no!

Granted I bet I make little sense here sometimes but I'd never send something like that to someone that important! 

To think he seemed a little miffed to meet me because apparently I'm young and lack experience. At least I speak the language!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 5, 2014 6:51 pm  #1087

I think some people don't take emails very seriously. My emails are usually less polished than my letters as I don't have the benefit of the secretary going over it and correcting all my atrocious mistakes. If I email work related stuff, particularly to people I don't know well I will try my best to check it.

The question is if he knows how bad it was. Sometimes people overestimate their ability to express themselves in a foreign language. The poor end result may not be through lack of trying or not paying attention but simply not being able to do any better.

March 5, 2014 10:05 pm  #1088

Gaaah, I'm kinda mad at myself right now. I ordered the Blu-ray of The Fifth Estate, and it arrived yesterday. I had all the right plans to watch it, but then I got distracted by shiny things on the internet, dawdling away until it was too late to watch the film and still go to bed at a decent time.

So I figured, hey, then at least you have something to look forward to tomorrow night. Well, guess what. It's tomorrow night, and it's 11 PM, and I still haven't watched the darn thing. I had good intentions, I really did!

I mean, why am I even ranting? It's not like this is a terrible problem to have, is it? Guess I'm just a little annoyed at myself that I can't get my act together these days. Even if it's just about a small thing like watching a movie I had been looking forward to.

So I guess tomorrow it is. After yoga. The perfect reward after physical activity. Yay! And on a more positive note, I finally booked my next UK trip today. Is it May already?

Last edited by TeeJay (March 5, 2014 10:08 pm)

March 6, 2014 7:12 am  #1089

I know what you mean TeeJay. I am a regular victim of procrastination myself  . It's funny that this even happens to things which are actually fun to do. I have this crafting project sprawled all over my desk for weeks now, but can't get ready with it  . Have a good time with the movie tonight! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 6, 2014 7:55 am  #1090

I am definitely a contender for the Procrastination Queen throne. And it's not like I wasn't productive in a way last night. I wrapped up a short Sherlock fic that I wrote in response to a prompt left by someone else. I really shouldn't feel too bad, and having something to look forward to tonight is definitely a plus.

March 6, 2014 11:19 am  #1091

I hope you do get to see it, TeeJay!

Ugh... The 'Joys' of living in a student dorm... The noise is one thing; but I HATE the laundry situation! We've got 40 people living here and have 2 washing machines and 1 dryer... the flats are too small to have your own. 

More than an hour ago I dragged my laundry down to the washing machines and found them full but newly finished. I went back to my flat and waited 10 minutes... no one had picked up their clothes... it took about an hour and a half and I actually met the people! I waited for them to take their wet clothes out of the machines so I could wash, they then ended up filling one of the machines with their already washed clothes and restarted it.

And they gave me the stink eye... what the actual heck! 

We have an unwritten rule that you can take others people clothes out of the machines if you've waited for more than 10 minutes... but I'm a bit of a germaphobe and some of the boy clothes is just sticky even after it's been washed! So I'm not going to do that! 

... Good thing I have all day beause that's what it's going to take. I have to wash 2 machine fulls and then dry my clothes too... with this delay it's going to take 4 hours to get clean clothes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 6, 2014 12:02 pm  #1092

And in the meantime you will be here? Fabulous! 

(Sorry though, those people suck)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 7, 2014 5:40 am  #1093

Erf… that's ridiculously disproportionate to the building.. that sucks.   
And TeeJay… story of my life.  I hear you… and it's frustratingly not always 'procrastination', exactly, as it is distraction!  If not this forum, then some book or movie or show from a big never-finished stack, or "real life" stuff, or the Internet, or music stuff, or….   Squirrel!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 7, 2014 8:51 am  #1094

Russell wrote:

And TeeJay… story of my life. I hear you… and it's frustratingly not always 'procrastination', exactly, as it is distraction! If not this forum, then some book or movie or show from a big never-finished stack, or "real life" stuff, or the Internet, or music stuff, or…. Squirrel!

I can relate very much.. and on a completely unrelated note, I just watched three squirrels fighting/playing in front of my window, that´s not a sight you get every day ^^.

@Phantom Lady: That really sucks, I hope you finally ended up with clean clothes without too much trouble! How about a pair of rubber gloves for the sticky (blech!) clothes next time?

March 7, 2014 11:35 pm  #1095

Great! I've found a place to rant!!!

One word: printers.

Do they have a personal vendetta against humankind???
Do they seek to infuriate us to the point of madness?
Is their sole reason for being to turn our race into angry, screaming, desk pounding wrecks???

No?

Then WHY THE HECK DO THEY NEVER WORK??????

"The game is never over, John. But there may be some new players now."

March 8, 2014 8:55 am  #1096

Last weekend I took my last antibiotic for my tonsillitis...today I think I have tonsillitis again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2014 10:46 pm  #1097

That's working with children for you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2014 2:52 pm  #1098

My sister unintentionally has broken my camera right now when I myself wanted to use it. The good thing is that she at once took it for repair so I hope everything will be ok. 

The Road goes ever on and on...

March 9, 2014 3:08 pm  #1099

My family just annoys me... which isn't really news...

But seriously... my aunt just can't say anything nice; doesn't do a thing for others... my mother's aunt worries me as she's not minding her leg or health at all; she almost lost her leg! ... then there's my mother... who just have to find the negative in everything I do or say... and while she does that she tells me how it annoyed her when her father was always after her! 

Another 'cute' thing is my mother trying to be understanding about people who are different... since I told her I was bisexual just after I had found my own place (ready to run for cover) she's turned on a plate... She's always been the most homophobic and narrowminded person in the world... now she likes to tell me how it's okay to be gay, bi, or trans... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 9, 2014 3:09 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 9, 2014 4:56 pm  #1100

Oh dear, Phantom, I'm really sorry for you. What a mess - good you have your own place now so that you are not exposed to that always.

Last edited by Harriet (March 9, 2014 4:56 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera