BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2014 1:30 pm  #1

German Benedict interview (spiegel.de)

There's a new German interview with Benedict on the Spiegel Online website, posted today: http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/interview-benedict-cumberbatch-ueber-seine-karriere-in-hollywood-a-953076.html

(Ah, the perks of blabbering on about Sherlock to no end at work, and then being sent pertiment links by your colleagues by e-mail.)

March 4, 2014 1:50 pm  #2

Re: German Benedict interview (spiegel.de)

Thankful for Google Translate, I was able to read this article!

It's such a nice article!
The whole 'most of the time I giggle to myself', is so cute! Also, when he says that he just enjoys his looks whilst they last as someone else will be adored tomorrow. - I'm sorry, but not in my eyes! He will always be my adoration!

Also, imagine him being a leading role in a romantic comedy?! It's definitely something I would love to see!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 4, 2014 2:19 pm  #3

Isn't it kinda schizophrenic, though, that this interview was held in English, then translated to German for the Spiegel magazine, and now English speaking people are having it translated back into English?

March 4, 2014 2:23 pm  #4

Seriously?! That's crazy, aha!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 4, 2014 2:28 pm  #5

I can only assume that, since it's been established that Benedict can't speak German, the interview was held in English.

March 4, 2014 2:52 pm  #6

Received the link from a friend this morning and immediately stumbled across: "...wuchs in einer gutbetuchten Schauspielerfamilie in London auf"   

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 4, 2014 2:53 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera